of how uncomfortable week ended up with comfort food

As salam.. Been away from this space for quite a while. Am still around and doing fine Alhamdullilah. It just that, nothing inspired m...

As salam..

Been away from this space for quite a while. Am still around and doing fine Alhamdullilah. It just that, nothing inspired me to write lately hence I decided to give this blog and myself a break. 

Summer has finally arrived, though not fully and I must say, the temperature is still endurable compared to my previous summer experience. As for now, we're experiencing pretty bad sandstorm and by far it's been  lasted for 2 days and were forecasted to be around until this Saturday. It's orangy out there and I can't even see buildings opposite mine so yeah, it's dusty and sandy inside out. 

Summer came and carries all the common diseases with it, as usual. Flu, fever, sore throat, running nose, coughing, measles, chicken pox.. just to name a few. And we were not spared. 

My husband and I has been down with sore throat for couple of days already. I used to have a veryyyyyy frequent tonsillitis during my younger days,  like 2 months once so by nature, I should be familiar with the symptom and should be able to bear the pain. However, I learned that you can never be prepared for thing like this and it is exceptionally excruciatingly painful each time :(. My girls on another hand, developing some kind of severed rashes after having fever for a day or two. The paed was unable to determined what was it and said it was between German Measles or prickly heat rashes or some kind of allergy. Anyhow, the rashes went after doses of antibiotics, zillion coat of calamine lotion and never ending mummy scratch my back please episodes.




:: Unfamiliar faces yet familiar symptom. This is how they look when the rashes at it's worst. Swollen eyes, bloated face, pity my babies. They don't look like themselves don't they? ::


Alis told me one day, Mummy.. please make soup. Chicken soup or any soup because kakak read in iPad, sick people eat soup to get well. 

Hmmmmm unnecessarily true because I am also sick but I still eat sambal ikan bilis and sambal belacan most of the time, despite my throat feeling as if I just swallow the whole durian.. That's how intimate I am with food, spicy food to be exact. I had such a strong will when it came to food ha ha ha. Unfortunately, when you had two sick childs and one sick husband with you, the world is no more revolved around you and your big appetite anymore. They came first.. I don't usually give in when it comes to spicy food under normal circumstances, but when they're sick, yes.. they comes first. Plus, my throat is begging me for mercy ... and soft  food.

Therefore, I made chicken porridge.. 









:: My portion. Sambal is a MUST! ::


:: Erin's request. Boley tahan selera masa sakit. Sebijik mak dia! ::


:: I don't know what to name this dish. I just put everything I felt like to. Let see, I put fresh portobello mushroom, sauteed carrots, handsomely amount of garlic, onion, thinly slices of ginger, a dash of pepper, fresh red chillies, spoonful oyster sauce, spoonful Worcestershire sauce and a spoonful light soy sauce. Ha ha ha the recipe is basically grab whatever nearest you and off they went inside the pan. Nonetheless, it is tasty I tell you. But come to think of it, you can never really go wrong with all those ingredients can't you??. Add kicap kipas udang and it'd become ayam masak kicap, add chili paste, it'd become ayam masak pedas, change ayam to udang it'll become udang masak kicap..  so nope, I don't feel like I just invented something new because anyone could came up with this, like seriously ::


:: Salty fish. You MUST eat porridge with salty fish because salty fish complement the usually bland taste of porridge, and also helped to overcome your "tak sedap tekak". Ala you should know lah how everything taste tawar and bland and how KFC tasted like selipar jepun when you had store throat ::



:: Spring Onion and "kincai" as side dishes. Kincai is daun sup here and I am not sure it's arabic or what. ::


:: Sambal Ikan Bilis, penambah penambah rasa :) ::

As always, I would close my post today with pictures of my girls taken recently before going to their weekly K.A.F.A class.



" When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change.
'Cause you're amazing just the way you are.
And when you smile,  the whole world stops
and stares for a while.
'Cause, girl, you're amazing just the way you are. "




:: Auwwwwww jelingan manja ::


:: Cheeky and chirpy Cik Erin kita ::



:: May they will be protected from evil intention and fitna in dunya and akhirah. Amin ::


You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images