Satu Hari Di Hari Raya

:: Satu Hari Di Hari Raya :: As pre-planned, we celebrated our 1st Hari Raya at Malaysian Embassy, Kuwait, together with other Malaysian ya...




:: Satu Hari Di Hari Raya ::

As pre-planned, we celebrated our 1st Hari Raya at Malaysian Embassy, Kuwait, together with other Malaysian yang tak berkesempatan balik ke Malaysia . There's quite a number of people turned up at Embassy including Chinese and Indians, it is indeed beautiful affair involving multi-racial malaysian at Q8. Event started at 9.30 am as per email sent by embassy's correspondent.

On the Eidul Fitri morning, I woke up at 4.30 am and cooked Nasik Minyak with Ayam Masak Merah for our Hari Raya meal. We didn't eat it though as I'm saving my stomach some space for feasts that awaits us at Embassy.

{ Nasik Minyak warna warni. Sebab takde kaler oren, maka kite guna pakai ape sahaja kaler yg ade dlm simpanan. The more the merrier hahaha}

{ Acar Darat}

{ Complete mix = perut kenyang suke hati. Owh this is my plate after balik Embassy}

For your general knowledge, pengumuman masuk nye berbuka puasa at Q8 was marked by satu letupan meriam, aired live daily on national TV. Sesuatu yang berbeza compared to Malaysia. Another unique thing practised here, unlike Malaysia, Solat Eidul Fitri was held right after Subuh prayer, which is around 5-5.30 am. I was cooking at that time, hence I managed to witness Eid prayer live from mosque next to my apartment, via my kitchen window.

{ This photo was snap at 5.00 am. Pretty bright ek? Heheh sini kul 5 dah cerah macam pukul 8 kat Mesia}

By 8.30 am, we make our move to Embassy and reached slightly 10 minutes after 9. Most of other friends and kenalan already there and soon after that, they started Eidul Fitri prayer and takbir session. Solat and takbir done, the whole group then proceeded to multipurpose hall for makan makan raya.


Well, I hope I did not sound un-grateful when I say this. Most of us were kinda expecting something with Malaysian entity, U know something significant to Hari Raya like lemang, ketupat or rendang. Instead, Nasik Beriyani was served so we kinda frustrated a bit. Lucky us since there's a lot of Malaysian brought their portion of Hari Raya bits from rojak mamak, all sorts of kueh raya, cakes, meehun goreng and such which kinda mengubat sikit kerinduan. However, it would be really nice if we can have ketupat and rendang too. Makan makan session lasted until 10 plus before everyone rushing home to catch Friday prayer at 1100am. All kids were given Hari Raya packet contained KD1 by Embassy staff, I think on behalf of Malaysian Ambassador to Kuwait. Datuk was unable to join this event, am not sure why. Heard he's gone back to Malaysia this year to celebrate Hari Raya with his family.

{ Beriyani with fried chicken and mutton curry }

Before we say good bye, of course there's a lot of cam-whoring involved. Kata hari raya kan....

{ Malaysian moms}

{ There's too many picture it's impossible to upload 'em all, hence I'm posting only few pictures here, just to show all of you suasana berhari raya di Q8}

{ Papa Muddy dan anak anak kecil nya bergegas pulang dari Embassy}

{ With Ayu, my table mate yang sangat pandai masak }

Tak lengkap Hari Raya tanpa kueh raya aite? So here I'm sharing with you some of kueh raya I had at my house this year. Saya bukan pemakan kueh. I'm not exactly a kueh raya kinda of person and so does my husband. I prefer cakes and crunchy stuff like tempeyek and kerepek pisang more. When I was still in Malaysia, I will still buy 2-3 types of kueh raya every year for the sake of "janji ader". Most of the kueh will be left untouched until Hari Raya Haji, this I can guarantee. So this year, I've decided not to make any kueh except Cornflakes Madu since Alis and Erin loves it. Tak perlu lah membazir menda menda yang tak patut. The rest of the kueh below was sent by my mum all the way from Malaysia.

{ Cornflakes madu kegemaran Alis. She cleared the whole balang on the same nite}

{ Biskut Suji/Arab, whichever name u familiar with, by my mum}

{ Biskut Mazola/kacang by mum}

{ Biskut Badam also by my mum. If not because of my mum, my list of kueh raya this year will be way shorter and sadder than this hahahha}

{ Biskut Redan/biskut bom. Anyway, I've learned from Yan, they called this Biskut Taik Kucing at Kedah. Apekahhh? Taik Kambing logik la kot hahaha. Macam macam. Bought this at Mama Lala restaurant sebab saya sangat suke kuih ni. Tak sangka Indonesian pun pandai buat kuih ni. Sedap sebijik macam Malaysian version. Me likey! }

{ Biskut Bawang also bought at Mama Lala. Akan tetapi, Indo version, biskut ni rasa cekelat instead of bawang taste}

We didn't go visit anyone on the 1st day as we have a lot to prepare for Open House event hosted by Malakoff's staff, which took place at my home on second day of Hari Raya which I will post about it next.

Till then.....................
{ Selamat Hari Raya semua :) }

You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images