Alis and computer

Alis was sooooo good with computers. Her computer skills now was equivalent to mine when I was 18. How's that something for comparison ?...

Alis was sooooo good with computers. Her computer skills now was equivalent to mine when I was 18. How's that something for comparison ? And I'm the one so-called majoring in IT.


* bang heads on the wall *

Nowadays, she was like new owner of my Ideapad. Owner without consent from the old owner definitely. Most of the days, if she doesn't playing with toys or colouring on her activities book, you'll find her navigating Youtube, playing online games on Barbie.com or just sketching images using my photoshop and she's really good at it. She's so into this computer thingy till swimming now came second place. She's now know how to change my computer setting and tell you what, Veriface logon system ( face verification system) on my netbook was set to her face, by her, on her own.. and so does my password. So everytime I wanted to use MY netbook, she'll logon for me using her face. Everytime I need to key-in password to MY netbook, she'll insisted to do it for me although I'm very much know my own password and how to key it in, as if I'm the borrower and she's the owner. Duhhhhhh...

It is indeed tough competition, it's like race against time who get to use netbook more. It's never a fair competition though as she has all the time in the world. She need not to do cooking, laundry-ing, neither she need to folding clothes or cleaning. What's more with value I taught her where "yang tua kena mengalah" everytime she had fight with Erin. Sighhhhh ! Never I had in mind that I had to go through cat fight with my own daughter in order to able to use MY own netbook.

So what do I do ?


I used my oldest trick... Mummy need to do work . Hahahaha.. By saying "work", I meant facebooking, blogging, surfing for recipe. Therefor, it's kinda embedded in her mind that facebook = mummy's work. She's totally buying it, well at least for now... and letting me use my netbook sometimes. All I need was, putting on my most desperate sounded like-your-life-depends-on-it tone : Mummy nak buat work ni !!!! Nanti boss mummy marah...

* wink wink wink *

That is all it need to win over her, errr untill she stop believe in my "work" reason anymore. Between mummy to mummy, we both know that it's gonna happen very very soon, like seriously seriously seriously soon. Before that day arrives, En Muddy better get me new laptop.


Today, En Muddy was on night shift hence his computer was available all day till 6 pm. Alis always prefers his laptop compared to my netbook anytime. Well, who doesn't rite hahaha.. Bigger and wider screen, higher resolution, faster processor and yadda yaddaa yadda.. blearghhhh !! So this is the only time when I got to be with my computer anytime I desired as in she will be busy with En Muddy's laptop. Me likey.

She was doing her thing when En Muddy came and request to use his computer. This is how the conversation went :

En Muddy : Alis, papa nak guna pulak laptop papa.

Alis : Owh .. papa nak buat work eh ?

En Muddy : ????????

Alis : Nanti kejap kakak bukakkan work papa...

Doing something something something on the laptop.... and moved away to give En Muddy some space. En Muddy as curious as he can be, quickly peeked at his screen, only to find that Alis had open new tab for him and open facebook.com for him to save his time.

Papa : *geleng geleng kepala * Ni sume salah mummy lah ni. Asyik mengadap facebook anak ingat kan facebook tu kerja... ( Obviously he didn't aware that I actually planted the idea that facebook was mummy's work in her child's mind. If he does, do you really think I will still be here typing this post? A BIG NOOOOO)

Mummy : * putting I-smelled-trouble face * Errrr rasa dah masak dah daging kat dapur.. Mummy gi tengok la ekk..

:: Selain melaram dan menyakat adik saya, saya adelah pencinta computer ::




Lesson learned : If you think you can get away after teaching ajaran songsang to your kids, you're dead wrong !

Sigh.. now I had to find another reason to use my computer since work's reason got busted already.





P/S : Another latest of Alis's hobby was to belek belek Pottery Barn Kids's catalogue. She can sit still flipping the pages and "deciding" which type of chair she would like in her room and which colour looks nice for hours. Okay, this is very disturbing image. I meant, who doesn't love Pottery Barn but she was just 4, she should be flipping strawberry shortcake book for all I care, not some overrated furniture shop's catalog. Next step, I can see her taking over my IKEA's catalogues. Better hide it now faster.

PP/S : As I'm posting this post, I can't help but feeling like a bad mummy.


You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images