Camel Park, Ahmadi

Today, we had our usual company outing. I make sure I wouldn't miss this trip since I will be going back to Malaysia very very soon with...

Today, we had our usual company outing. I make sure I wouldn't miss this trip since I will be going back to Malaysia very very soon with no confirmation on returning date hence this could be my last outing with my girlfriends for at least another 2 months. Secretly, I wouldn't mind not shopping ( if we got to shop plus get together definitely is a bonus lah kann hehe ) at all every Friday outing because I look forward more on spending time with my girlfriends more than anything, as much as my kids look forward to fortnightly ritual play date with their friends. With daily hectic schedules plus schooling plus most of us were living in different area, this get together are basically most awaited event.

For today, the itinerary was Breakfast at McD Salmiya - Shop at Salmiy City Centre - Visit Camel Farm at Ahmadi, and if we're lucky, we can ride on them - Kids free and easy and visit mini zoo at Ahmadi Park - Watch lights at Ahmadi Park.

I shall not touch on the first 2 itinerary since it was just same old story heheh. Today let's focus on 3rd itinerary since this is my first visit ever to Camel Farm. There are so many camel farm in Q8 and the most infamous one I believed was in Wafra. The one we visited today was just a small nomadic farm. It was definitely not a commercialized farm, even the gate was portable and mobilize. I think they moved from time to time. Since it was privately owned farm, the camels was not trained for riding purpose plus they don't even have those pelana things. All the camels was meant for sale, I meant their meat and their milk. However, the gembala was kind and glad enough that we came to visit that they volunteering prepared one camel for us to use for ride and photography purposes despite our constant rejection. We are pleased enough to be able to touch those camels and take a picture. I bet we are not the first group of "tourist" came by.

:: I love this photo because there's so many different activities and so many expressions captured in a single photo. So many things going on in this photo. Everybody was busy doing something ::


My oh my everyone was soooooo thrilled and excited and super psyched and running here and there I think the camel gotten scared at us.



:: Cubaan beramah mesra dengan unta. Failed big time apparently. The camel doesn't impressed with me, it doesn't even look at me :(. Tak cantek kah makcik?? ::


:: This is a I'm-freaked-out-the-camel-would-eat-my-head pose so I kept making sure its mouth was in a safe distance from my head. Damn I should not wear green hijab that day. The camel could mistaken my head for some fresh green leaves or something. Erin was so restless due to excited dah macam terbang dalam gambar ni. She wanted to be in this picture but halfway, she was distracted with other people doing other things and decided to fly to them ::


:: Group ni yang excited lebih sebenarnyer hehe. Bebudak rileks je, mak budak dah terkam unta dulu ::

Our excitedness however was not mutual with the chosen to be tied camel since in order to get the camel "prepared" for our photo session and for everyone safety, the shepherd tied both, errrr I meant all four of its legs. As I said earlier, those camels are wild camels and none of them were formally trained to entertained super jakun visitor like us. It is definitely a heart wrenching moments seeing the camel writhing and struggling, and even bahhhhh- inggg to express its anger for being held and tied like that.



:: Mangsa keadaan. Poor him. I believed he's the oldest camel, obviously the weakest here for he was chosen. It will definitely almost impossible to tied younger camel to this position without someone getting hurt or without at least getting a kick or two ::


:: There are so many member in our group but only this young boy, Irfan had gut to climb those fence and sat on the camel, despite the ever so loudly protest from the camel. I ever soo wanted to do it too but was stopped by En Muddy. Come to think of it, it is wise decision since the camel already so traumatic being tied like this, having me and my not so feather-light weight on its butt doesn't sound ideal. Let's not add any more torture to the poor camel ::

Rest assured, the shepherd let go off the camel after Irfan stepped down and safely out from the metal gate. But before that, he injected the camel with some sort of medication. I am not so sure what was the medication for, maybe some ubat penenang, you know to avoid the camel from being stress. Whatever it may be, the camel certainly doesn't like it to bits, sampai terberak berak. Huhuhu kesian betul. My husband tried to asked the shepherd what was that but since there's a major language barrier, we didn't really get the answer heheh...

:: Such a big needle ! If I were the camel, I'll fainted the moment I saw those gigantic needle. Even if I can't faint naturally, I'll faking it ::

:: Ouchhhh ::


:: Definitely the star of the day ::

The camel shepherds was clearly impressed with Irfan, they called him up, patted his forehead, asked for his name and kept praising him for being such a brave boy. They kept saying Zain ! Zain! Tamam ! Tamam ! which means Good, Nice in arabic. We make a joke about that and kept teasing Irfan by telling him his new name now was Al-Irfan Al-Zubiri hehehhe... So cute la that boy...


:: The Jadid Jamal Shepherd in the making ( Jadid = New, Jamal = Camel ). Besut maghiiii ::


:: If you noticed, in every picture my hands are touching the camels. Sape yang excited nak tengok unta sebenarnyer nih ?? ::

I was kind-off expected the bad hamis hancing smells. However, compared to zoo experiences I had before, neither this farm nor those camels smells the way I predicted. In fact, I think they didn't smelled bad at all. It's endurable and none of the kids complaining either.



:: M@l@koff's kids Junior Club ::

En Muddy pass some saguhati to the shepherds on behalf of the group but they refused to accept it even we told him it was sadaqah. May Allah bless them for their kindness... Now, it's proven that not all Arabic had their eyes sets on dinar only. They're many genuine, kind and honest Arabic out there. Same goes to any other race in the whole wide world. Bad people are everywhere and so does kind and honorable peoples. Do not make generalization and make assumption just because you had one bad unfortunate experience.

After we finished "playing" with those camels, we proceed to the other camel farm nearby to buy camel's milk. Sadly, the owner was not around so next time maybe. I am not really fond of camel's milk or any other milk so I'm gladly passed on this :)

We did visit horse track and equestrian club nearby just so that the kids could finally ride on something. They're too scared to ride the camel earlier, not that I would allowed them to. They ( the camel shepherd ) said there's some place where kids can ride a horse. Unfortunately, it was started to rain hence we proceed to Ahmadi Park. By the time we reached Ahmadi, the raining doesn't show any signs of stopping so we just performed Asar prayer and heading home. We stop middle way to let the kids enjoying the lights for a while.




:: My pictures definitely doesn't do justice to the actual scenery. What to do, hujan lebat.. Alaaa lampu lampu banyak banyak jek heheh.. Those yang dekat Icity lagi happening heheh ::

I close my post today with a message to my girlfriends - You Know Who You Are !

INGATLAH DAKU DALAM NEXT NEXT FRIDAY OUTING MU !

You Might Also Like

5 thoughts

Flickr Images