Kampung enough?

Being Malaysian's Malay, I believed everyone would agree with me on this. No food gives us satisfaction more that  rice. Just like Kor...

Being Malaysian's Malay, I believed everyone would agree with me on this. No food gives us satisfaction more that  rice. Just like Korean cannot live without kimchi and Indian without curry. For sure, I can substitute my meals with noodles, western and such but usually, at the end of the day, I would turn to rice. On the contrary to my better half, I have not much appetite for western. I would agree with western food depends on my mood but I always have appetite for rice, given any situation, any time of the day, any season of year or any climate which drove my husband crazy most of the times ha ha ha. 

During normal day, I would asked earlier what my family wanted to have for lunch and dinner so I can plan my work but if they didn't come up with anything they feel like having, the answer will always rice, rice and nothing else but rice unless something else was suggested.

And this is what happened if the decision is solely up to me - full course of kampung style lunch. 


:: Lemak Cili Padi Ayam with Kentang. The second best lemak cili padi I've ever taste ( the best will always be my mum's of course) was at Restaurant P.Ramlee at KLCC. I think the restaurant has been closed not long after but the taste of it's lemak cili padi lingers until now. Well, actually what I wanted to share is that they fried their chicken before putting it into the gravy and I was hooked since then and started doing so each time I make Lemak Cili Padi ::



:: Must have every time I cooked lemak or curry. The saltiness from ikan masin compliment the santan-ish meal well. As I've mentioned in many posts before, my husband and I have a very different palate and that includes our preference of ikan masin. I preferred sepat or talang more but he loves tenggiri jeruk so  we just had to have both usually ::

:: Famously known as jer jer or jarjel in middle east. I think the other or rather the westernized name for this green thing is arugula. You'll find this ulam abundance in Arab's world. This is ze main side dish to go with almost everything here. Rice, grilled, bread and whatnot. Hubby usually bought our stock after every Friday prayer from the hawker outside mosque.


:: I called this Udang goreng belacan with kangkung instead of Kangkung Goreng belacan with udang because udang is more than kangkong he he he.. ::


You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images