Abaya hunting @ Mubarakiya and lasagna

Today is the day. Mood 50-50. Happy sebab boleh balik negara, sedih sebab kena tinggal Mr Husband. You can never have everything.. I'm l...

Today is the day. Mood 50-50. Happy sebab boleh balik negara, sedih sebab kena tinggal Mr Husband. You can never have everything..


I'm leaving on a jetplane, to Malaysia tonight and this, could be my last post for some unknown period of time. Do expect long hiatus from me peeps. Coming back to Malaysia could only be meaning a lot of travelling, a lot of catching up stories session, a lot of meet up for lunch, a lot of thing to settle ( house & car thingy) and thousands of unexpected things that were not in the list. Simply put, I'll be just as busy as a bee doing things, both plan and un-plan, both important and un-important. Therefore, do take care while I'm away and do visit w4w4d33 once a while hehehe.

Anyway, I like to story about our outing to Souq Mubarakiya, near Kuwait City for abaya hunting. By saying our, I meant yours truly, Lina, Azian, Ayu and this time, Kak Imah also joined us. The weather was nice, none of us are sweating so it's a good sign for shoppers to go out and about especially me. Shopping and showering in own sweat will never be a perfect combo in my book. I'd rather choose not shopping and not sweating hahhaha.



:: The first group to arrive. How I wish I could say that's my ride parked behind Lina and Ayu. Unfortunately, as clear as the weather that day, it is not, so let's go back to reality world hahahh ::

:: This is the main road that divided Souq Mubarakiya into two. On my left side, you can find few abaya shops, perfume shops and market selling dates. On my right side... conquered by abaya, shawl and hijab shops. You guys should know which side is my preference by far muahahhaa. It's not that hard to guess aite ? ::

:: We wanted to take the abaya photo however most shops doesn't allowed hence we use the oldest trick in the book. Ana from Malayzi.. tourist !! Ana take photo can ??? khalass?? Nuff said, we purposely left the info that most of us are going to be "tourist" here in Q8 for another 3 years kah kah kah ::

:: I actually wanted to snap the photo of this abaya design only to show to my mum. In case she like it, I can buy for her in my next visit. However, it is safe to use "we're tourist" reason as disguise. Every one knows tourist takes photo with almost anything :) ::

:: Abaya hive . So many I've lost count. At some point, all abaya looks the same to me. U know the feeling you had bile dah banyak sangat, dah tak tahu mana nak pilih. Lucky me, I had 5 personal shoppers with me ::

I didn't buy many though as I had bought quite a few before. It's a regret though I didn't have a chance to visit Mubarakiya much earlier since the abaya here are more nicer in term of design and quality, and do I need to mentioned, cheaper too. Huhuhuhu... it's ok, I still have 3 years for this..

In case you guys wondering, why do all mommies in this picture looked laid back, smiling.. no stress.. no rush.. where are all their kids?? Fret not... Apparently this outing are kids free session hahha.. All kids were at home, with their other guardians named father, papa, ayah or daddy.. Not only we can shop with free mind, our shopping time definitely shorten to half since we dun have to run after them, screaming every 2 minutes. So it's a win win situation for both party.

Enough with Mubarakiya bits, I wanted to tell about my 1st attempt making lasagna. Thank you to Cik Mat Gebu for the recipe. The recipe was easy to follow specially for beginner like me although it's quite tedious. The outcome ?

:: My topping slightly burned and I dunno why my mozarella do not want to melted the way it's suppose to do. The recipe asked me to use combination of Mozarella and Cheddar for topping but I have only Mozarella in my fridge. The taste definitely not a total disappointment compared to it's appearance. Although the topping ended up too crusty, the lasagna was still edible and quite tasty ::

:: The filling .. pesal lasagna orang lain nampak layer de, lasagna aku melimpah2 ?.. huhuhu ::

:: Ahak, the ugliest lasagna by far. Alhamdullilah nonetheless for the rezeki ::


That's all folk.

To those whom I had no choice but to leave behind, take a good care of yourself while I'm away.

To my girlfriends here in Q8 ( you guys should know who you're), please help to take care of Al-Kout, Al-Manshar, Fahaheel, Mangaf, Avenues, Salmiya City Centre, Mubarakiya for me will you ?

To my family and close friends, kami nak nasik lemak, nak sate, nak roti canai.. and owhh alis nak siput sedut :)

To those living, working and staying in Malaysia ( no one in particular) , AYAM KAMBING DAUN !!! ( you won't get it unless you say it in Samy Vellu style. Everyone/every kids should know this jokes. If you never heard of it, you must've spent you childhood somewhere else but Malaysia)


You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images