Three Three

I totally forgot about this pictures and this post until I flipped my phone album today. How could I forgot about my own birthday dinner pho...



I totally forgot about this pictures and this post until I flipped my phone album today. How could I forgot about my own birthday dinner photo? Only aging can do this to me ha ha ha..





I'm feeling extra hot on my birthday, and not to mentioned recently.. not because neither I'm putting on something fancy nor I'm feeling pretty whatsoever, but because of this....





:: It's 50 degree out there and still elevating. How can I not feel hot u tell me ? *wink wink wink* ::





Hahahaha joke aside, I turned THREE THREE on 12 June, learned valuable lesson on my birthday and am going to tell you all about it. 





Truthfully, I wasn't expected any surprised or any special treat from my husband because I know we're on tight budget as we'll be going for probably the most expensive trip ever in my life. Plus, I am not a fan of surprises and grand birthday parties. Sure enough I love celebration and I love feeling extra ordinarily special and getting extra attention (who doesn't? ) on my birthday, but I prefer quiet, intimate, small and comfortable celebration among those of closest to me. 




Therefore, for my birthday this year, I specifically requested to my hubby that I just need simple dinner, a slice of red velvet cake and no flower please! since I can sensed that he was thinking of getting me flower. I preferred rice over roses anytime! Always.. 





A day before my birthday, 11th june to be precise, my husband went to Gulf Bank to get our travel insurance and he was attended by a Kuwaiti lady officer. Upon checking on our documents and identifications, she realized that it was my birthday the next day and spontaneously mentioning it to my husband and sort of gently reminding him in a friendly way to buy me a gift and treat me to nice meal. In responds to that, my husband told her that I love Red Velvet above all so if she can suggest any good place to buy red velvet, it would be helpful. Apparently, our lady officer also a red velvet lover hence she recommended 2 cake shop she known for a great red velvet. One is a cake shop called WOW located near the Qurain junction and another one is some cake shop at Tilal Complex. 





The earlier is nearer to us so my husband deided to take me to out on my birthday eve for dinner and to get my birthday slice. Since their red velvet is quite a hit I guess, they already ran out of it by the time we arrived. What's left is only a 2 kg cake worth KD 15 which is easily too much for me to handle. My husband and both my girls doesn't have fond of cakes so getting 2 kg cake for me alone is not wise, thus we skipped although my heart was crushed hahaha.. okaylah, I am feeling and not to mentioned acting, over sensitive on that particular day. Maklumlah birthday girl :)





We proceed to have our dinner then and I had the privileges to choose which restaurant I like. There's Smash Burger, some Indian and Arabic restaurant and a pizza place called Upper Crust. I like the ambiance and the decor so I opted to have pizza.




















:: The ceiling decor made of pizza trays. Really something huh! ::








:: He sacrificed his nightly event of watching Euro 2012 at his friends place for my birthday dinner but can he concentrate? No he can't! His eyes was practically glued on the screen he doesn't even waiver when I snapped this picture. The girl beside him on another hand was more than happy to strike a pose for mummy ::











:: Open style kitchen so customer can take a peek of what the chef was doing and watch firsthand the food being prepared ::











:: Our appetizer ::







:: BBQ chicken with fresh portobello mushroom for hubby. The pizza was ginormous we had fair share of left over ::











:: Margarita for the girls ::











:: 33 years old mummy of two ::





Alhamdullilah, we had a hearty meal and I am thankful for that. Since it's pretty late when we done, hubs told me that he will got me my birthday cake the next day and I am just fine with that.





The next morning, we went to Al-Kout mall to get some groceries and while we're at that, we decided to had breakfast too. My husband wanted to eat at their food court but this ungrateful birthday girl still in a birthday mood so she felt that as a birthday girl, she and only she will decide of where to eat, hence she chose PAUL. Reaching PAUL, we started ordering, and the red velvet topic came in between. The birthday girl was actually thinking that after the groceries trip and breakfast, the hubs will buy her red velvet cake you see, since he had promised that last night. It was one-sided feeling apparently because even though he had made a promise, he felt that the cake shops was too far plus it was too hot in the middle of the day so he was thinking maybe he can postponed it, to after our summer holiday trip.





Still in overly sensitive mode, the birthday girl decided to acting up, throw a tantrum even though she can actually being cool about it since he already treat her to a nice dinner last night. Instead of being mature suits her double 3 age, she's behaving like a child and sulked and demanded that she want a red velvet and she want it now ( or today! ) because to her, birthday cake is not a birthday cake anymore after the birthday passed. Should you wanted to postpone it till 3 weeks after, then don't bother getting it at all. She's misbehaving this girl I tell you and to make it worst, she made the scene in front of her 5 year old daughter kah kah kah.. Bad girl! Bad girl!





When her hubs try to reasoning with her, she threw him silent treatment. She only talking to the waiter when the waiter asked for their order and stares at menu card and table she can poke a hole on it for staring too long. Anyhow, she ordered one of her favorite plain croissant for herself, one for Alis one for Mr Hubby. She just loves PAUL croissant so much, too much. Unfortunately and much to her dismay, there's only 2 plain croissants left so they resorted to taking those two and decided to share. 





When the croissant came, it was cold and a bit hard and birthday girl like her croissant soft and warm. So it was like pouring a kerosene on top of flaming fire. The birthday girl got pissed off and called out the waiter and demanded for a warm croissant. 





This is when Allah s.w.t decided to intervene and taught this ungrateful birthday girl a lesson. You know when you do bad things, people always said Allah will pay cash for what you done. Indeed she was paid cash that day as in she was getting the punishment right there and then.





When the croissant getting heated in the microwave, suddenly she smelled burnt smell and she started feeling uneasy but since she still on strike with her husband, she decided not say anything about it. When the waiter came with chocolate croissant instead of plain croissant, she knew it. It was her last 2 pieces of croissant that being burned just now and she felt like crying. 





How odd it is to be that there's only 2 croissant left when she was there in a infamous patisserie with croissant as their signature menu? 





And it is not 10 am yet? 





And she had been there before, at much much later time and the shop was never ran out of croissant! Ever!





And how odd it is to be for a croissant got burnt in a famous, well known shop with breads as their specialty?





Obviously she was THIS close of getting all teary, firstly, because she wanted the croissant so much and secondly, because she realized that she was being punished for being ungrateful and for giving her husband a hard time...





At the end of the day of being 33, she had mixtures of feeling.. remorse..frustrated...happiness...sadness, all juggled inside, learned a lesson the hard way, eating no plain croissant and definitely no red velvet!





Definitely not the most perfect birthday she ever had, nonetheless definitely the best! She realized now things she's been forgetting... hundreds well wishes, kind du'a and nice words from family and friends, 2 daughters who sang birthday song to her like a million times, a husband that skipped her football game simply to have dinner with her and most importantly, to simply being able to breathe and for the energy to throw tantrum :).





So I must say that on my 33rd birthday, the most valuable gift I got was a lesson taught by a couple of croissants, as simple as that!





Happy 33rd birthday to me, myself and I. It's not really that bad being 33 and thank you to everyone's kind thoughts. Most importantly, thank you to Mr Hubby for putting up with me all this years, thank you for the pizza, thank you for the love and thank you for everything.





Owh and for the earlier fact behind why I forgot about my birthday post, I am pretty sure below picture is among the reason....



















When your 5 years old just can't live without her iPod, carrying a handbag containing lipstick and comb during every outing and acting like a some teenager listening to music during eat out instead of chatting with you, 33 or not, how can you not feeling old and aging and forgetful ?































You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images