When love and hate collides.

Title kemain melodrama tak menahannn.. Takde pe pe pun, just to add dramatic effect ha ha ha... It's been a while since I posted a foodi...

Title kemain melodrama tak menahannn.. Takde pe pe pun, just to add dramatic effect ha ha ha...



It's been a while since I posted a foodie post eh. Unfortunately, lacking of foods post doesn't necessarily mean I don't eat much hahah. I ate as usual, err actually even worst.. I ate more than usual lately.


Must.Blame.The.Weather.


If speaking of Pantai Timur's cuisine, I have to admit that most of them doesn't suits my palate because I am sucker for spicy stuffs. I don't really ate Nasi Dagang and just recently learned how to eat Nasi Kerabu. But I have to say that exception goes to Nasi Kukus. This is one dish I have no problem falling in love with. Therefore, as the title suggested, I'm going to post about 2 Pantai Timur dishes that I loves and I least like. Nak guna hate tu macam over reacted sangat la pulak..


~NASI KUKUS~


:: Our dinner last night. Nasi Kukus + Ayam Goreng Rempah + Sawi Goreng with Garlic + Chicken Curry + Sambal Belacan + Ikan Gelama Kering = Satisfaction ::

I don't provide the recipe firstly because if it's so easy for me so it should be easier for others. Secondly because I didn't use only one recipe. I used ayam goreng rempah's recipe from some blog and nasi recipe from others. Ehh masak nasi pun nak pakai recipe, lorat benor pompuan ni hahha... Ye lah nak lah tau air banyak mana, nasi nak kena rendam ke tidak kan.. Anyway, by the time I type this post, I lost all the link already and it's so hassle to dig every thing back. Alaaaaa just googled it :).

Usually, the basic set of Nasi Kukus you'll get from stalls that selling this dish will be nasi, sambal belacan, ayam goreng rempah and kuah kari. The rest is up to you to decide and choose and this dish can be eaten with any lauk based on your liking. I don't own the steel mold for the rice so I just used my ramekins. If you don't own either the steel mold or ramekins, just used any suitable mold lah as long as it is heat resistance.

The sawi was called Sawi Goreng Minyak. I learned to make this from Kak Siti's, helpers during Talha's birthday party and immediately fell in love with it. It's so simple and involved 2 ingredients only. Garlic and oil! That's it. Just fried garlic( banyak2 lagi sedappppp ) in hot oil until brownish and pour your sawi in. You don' have to add any water. Let it simmer in the garlicky oil, add salt, taste and done.




And the dish I least like is....


~KETUPAT SOTONG~




Just because I don't like this, doesn't mean I won't cook it. My kids and my husband loves this too much so it's kinda selfish if I banned it simply because I don't like them. That's what family is all about. Give and take, tolerate, learn and accept each other's likes and dislikes.

I witnessed him accepting and learn to eat sambal and endure the frequent visits to toilet afterward.

He converted from bendi hater to bendi lover before my eyes because I love bendi and my mom used to cook bendi a lot.

So, cooking Ketupat Sotong is the least I could do, of course under one condition. He will never ever make me/force me to eat it kah kah kah.

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images