All about food..

I'm into my 16 weeks already and am gladly announcing that I had officially over the vomiting and nauseating episodes which give me a ...

I'm into my 16 weeks already and am gladly announcing that I had officially over the vomiting and nauseating episodes which give me a lot of reasons to be in festive mood. When I was hit with severe " whole day sickness" I can't help but lie down and sleep almost all day. Mummy had to be bed rested, and as well as kitchen. We survived on take out or dine out an awful lot. What to do? Fortunately for me, my husband and girls been nothing but understanding although I can sense that they don't really like the new pregnant mummy much, especially the girls because I vented my anger and frustration to them and snapped every alternate minutes ha ha ha. Anyhow, every now and then when my condition get much much better, I tried to whip something simple because no matter how impressive a restaurant meal can be, eating homemade food still giving me the sense of satisfaction.

Today, I'll share some of the foods we had, bought or cooked recently. Most of the pictures are from my instagram so this is rather basi stories for my Ig follower he he he. Well you know what people been saying lately :

Video killed the radio star

Facebooking killed blogging

and latest one.. Instagram-ing killed facebooking

People are into micro blogging nowadays. The truth is, I think people are just getting lazier, me included he he he




:: Scramble egg with plain croissant during breakkie date with husband while kids at school. The set actually comes with bacon but I requested one without bacon. This is my staple food every time I went to Mugg & Beans ::


:: There's new restaurant opened at The Avenue phase 3 called The Red Lobster. We went there last month to experience ourselves what was the hype is all about. I am not going to give any review on the food since it will be unfair based  on my current condition ::

:: Mee Goreng. We had BBQ and company family day last month and each family were tasked to bring something for potluck. I am not particularly good with anything and I don't have that many food I am confident with so I volunteered to cook the simplest one among many on the list which is mee goreng. This is my first time cooking 3 kg mee and I secretly prayed no one had stomachache after that huhuhu ::

:: I had more makan makan events here in a month compared to the amount of invitations I had for 3 years in Malaysia. Back in Malaysia, although you're encouraged to bring any buah tangan as a sign of respect when invited for any makan makan, it wasn't popularly practiced. In here, is was like a developed culture, the potluck practice I mean. Since my poor culinary skill  is no secret, my potluck usually rotated among meehun goreng, mee goreng, kueyteow goreng and back to meehun goreng again kah kah kah. Anyway, in order to add another thing to my potluck list, I tried to make Red Bean Pau and I must say, it is a success.. Of course, after a few failed attempts  The batch above was an order from a dear friend because she said she likes my pau very much ehemmm ehemm ehemmm .. hahaha .. astagfirullah hal aziim, mengucap azura mengucap! Jgn riak.. ::

:: Talapia percik subuh sepe'ie..for my husband's lunch at office. Since my husband usually leaving at 6 am in the morning, I had to grill the talapia as early as 5 am, hence the name ::


:: Almond cookies. I didn't made this. I just help to finish it up :).. The girls itching to make a cookies and been bothering me for quite sometimes. When my mom is here, they bothers their nenek instead. So my mom made the simple dough for them and let them decorate the cookies ::


:: Kuih Bakar Pandan with love. This, I made myself ::

:: Kopok lekor.. My sister in law kirim-ed this for us via my mom when they were coming to Kuwait. I had one complaint though, it's not enough ha ha ha. Nothing beats hot steaming kopok lekor in chill winter night *drooling* ::


:: Goreng pisang panas!! Amat berkesan dalam membantu penghadaman :) ::



:: I thought it will be another year or two when I can have a taste on another ketupat palas. You know, we can't guarantee of coming back to Malaysia every year, or every Eid due to husband's work commitment and usually the only time I can have a taste of ketupat palas was during Eid at my husband's hometown. Which is why, when one of akak here announced that she made a batch of ketupat palas for sale and texted me if I want some, I said yes immediately ::

:: My life support when my taste bud was haywire and everything tasted bitter. The only things that managed to bring back my appetite each time without failed ::


:: I made this set of Nasi Ayam when I'm tired of take out. It may looked like one simple dish but it took me all my will and energy from start to finish. I squatted on my kitchen floor most of the time out of dizziness and I was this close to left the meal as it is, incomplete. Alhamdullilah, I managed to cook a decent, and complete nasi ayam although I can't really be sure of the taste ha ha ha. My tagline to my family nowadays is, " kalau tawar tambah lah garam sendiri, kalau termasin, minum air banyak banyak " kah kah kah. They gobbled everything down with no complaint and I can't be sure if it is because they wanted to make me feel better or the nasi ayam really did taste okay. Nonetheless, whatever the reason may be, I am grateful and extremely happy ::

:: My typical compulsory side dish for nasi ayam. Some people find it weird but this is how we ate our nasi ayam usually, with sayur campur ::




:: Sup tulang for the girls's kelas Iqra last Sunday ::


:: The complete set of our dinner after kelas Iqra. Sup Tulang-Ikan Gelama Kering Goreng ( ehh gelama ke ek? )-Kobis Goreng-Sambal Udang Petai ::



:: Potluck for Erin's party at school. She was asked to bring salad but knwoing that her kinda vegetable was more like kangkung and pucuk paku, iceberg and cucumber or tomato is definitely out of picture. To be safe, I prepared fruit salad. Never I had so many types of vitamins in my house at one time. I prepared 8 types of fruits and cut it into bite size for easy serving. There's strawbery, banana, orange, kiwi, grapes, green apple, red apple, and raspberry. Probably all fruits I can find in the fruits rack at the supermarket nearby ::

:: Another dinner I managed to whip recently. Gulai kawah kambing for mister, asam pedas sardin for me and kids.. Oh yeah, my kids love spicy food and they never say no to sardin. Also, kailan ikan masin in the top left ::

:: Paratha and Chicken Kadai from Pakistan shop infront my apartment. During one of our breakfast date ::

:: My latest staple snacks. I usually munch on something unhealthy like snickers or funzell chocolate dip sticks . But eversince I got pregnant, I tried to change to healthier choice and obviously, more filling one ::


:: Chinese take out. Believe it or not, when the food came in this kind of container, it felt more chinese-ish rather than normal boring plastic type ha ha ha. Sometimes I ordered this not because I felt like eating it, but just because I like the packaging. Eaten with chopsticks, straight away from the box, geez it's like you're in some Hollywood drama or something ha ha ha ::

You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images