Desert Camping 2012 at Wafra Farm

As salam, A week or so after we came back from Umrah, my husband informed me that we're going for a desert camping in conjunction of M@l...

As salam,


A week or so after we came back from Umrah, my husband informed me that we're going for a desert camping in conjunction of M@lakoff Family Day. It's a 2 days 1 night sleepover at Wafra Desert campsite. I've been itching to go camping in the desert ever since I knew about it. I found about THIS after blog walking and was so thrilled to plan for it with a few close friends. Anyhow, due to work commitment, my arabic class schedule, my umrah trip and the extreme weather, the plan was put on hold. Furthermore, most of our close friends have small babies, say about averagely under the age of 2, the more reasons for us to hold the desert project till the weather is much warmer. So when I was told that we are going for the camping, fully paid! meal provided! it's like an answered prayer and a wish come true.

Yeayyyy...

Disclaimer : All photos credit to Azian, Ayu and Mr Mady's collection.


Some family came by bus provided by the camp management and some came by personal car by choice. I was included in those who came by car because my husband was on night shift duty that day and he need to left by 6.30 pm so we decided to come to the camp earlier than others.


:: Diwaniya (gathering) and makan tent, also served as a sleeping tent for the mens ::


:: Another supposedly diwaniya but ended up became our tent. Our as in me, Kak Ana and Ayu's tent. Yep, it's a all-girls sleepover party, just like the old days :) ::


:: This is the how the sleeping setup in tent looks like when we first arrived. We've decided to revamp the sleeping setting and sure enough, it doesn't look the same the day we left he he he ::


:: Camwhore session upon arrival ::


The camp site was complete with facilities, better than I ever imagined. It has 7-8 sleeping tents, two large gathering tents and 1 tent acted as TV room. It also has two clean and well functioned bathrooms, for ladies and gents each. The bathroom even came with flushing toilet, both squat and seated types, water heater and tiled floor. Another portable toilets, u know the one used at kenduri kawen sorts, provided at the other side of the camp. Generator was provided so there's electricity all the times if you want, but we often use it at night only, and also in the morning when we need hot water.

Some other facilities provided there was horse stable just besides the tent area so the kids and even adult can have a horse ride whenever they feel like to or just for petting the horse. They also had man made archery field with cute targets, simple but sufficient playground, volleyball "court" and bouncy castle for the childrens. Everything was included in the package. Anyway, as we paid for the full package, they were supposed to prepared ATV ride, camel ride, BBQ on our arrival night and breakfast on our departure day too, as per the promotion. Unfortunately, since our event day took place on the last week of March, which is actually end of the camping season, most of the facilities and rides offered were no more available. In fact, we're the only group camping during that time as most of the tents and camps already been dismantled and will only being reconstructed again next winter.

As for dinner aka BBQ, since it's already out of season, the camp management was unable to find catering that could cater for our dinner, hence we ordered our dinner from Seashell Julaia Hotel and Resort, the only hotel located nearby.


:: The banquet staffs was in the midst of preparing the buffet table when we arrived ::








:: While waiting for BBQ to start, we had "high tea" session inside the tent ::




:: Salad bar ::


:: Grilled chicken ::


:: Potatoes ::



:: Pasta section ::



:: Beverages. The mango juice is sooooo good ! ::


:: Kids eating in main tent. Excuse the picture quality! Some says we had a lot of "entity" around us that day, I preferred to blame on the camera I used :). Less scarier hee hee hee :


:: Some opted to eat inside the tent and some chose to eat outside, like our committee here. These are orang orang kuat behind desert camping 2012. Without them, it might not happening. Good job guys. From L-R : Ariffin, Hazeem and Lau ::



:: My husband had his quick dinner and left for work shortly after this ::


:: Playing sands after dinner ::

Considering the fact that it was end of March, end of winter and the beginning of summer, the weather was very cold, freezing and windy. Usually, by this time, the weather was already getting warmer and slighlty humid yet it was so cold I had 2 layers of pants, 2 layers of shirts, socks on, jacket on, covered in comforter and still shivering like mad. We were advised to bring our own blanket even though they did provide blankets at the camp. I insisted on bringing my comforter and my oh my, did I ever regretted it? Not at all because without the comforter, I bet I will have any sleep at all. It's sooo freezing even breathing is a chore. Brrrrrrrrr.....

The main agenda for this event was free and easy, to rest and relax, rest and relax and rest and relax hehehe.. and that's was all that we did, rest and relax. As for kids, their main agenda was playing sands, sleep sands and eat sands and looks like they have no problem whatsoever to achieved that. Food was catered from various place because all mummies decided to take 2 days kitchen break.

Let see, as for our dinner on the first night, we had Buffet and BBQ from Seashell Julaia, the next day breakfast, the committee had ordered Paratha with Chicken and Mutton Kadai from famous Pakistan shop infront my house called Wah Ji Wah ( duuhhhhhhhhhh ), and had it sent to our campsite. Anyhow since the breakfast will arrived slightly late, mommies made an effort to fix light and quick breakfast to "alas perut" while waiting for the real and hearty breakfast arrived. We prepared Egg and mayo sandwich and sardines sandwich too, of course accompanied by hot tea, pulled tea and coffee. As for lunch, we had McDonalds.


:: Preparing for 1st round of breakfast. Don't believe in our "fresh from shower" looks. I'll let you in on one of our biggest secret of the day. None of us bothered to take shower shhhhhh ha ha ha. It's way too cold ::


:: Paratha fix ::




:: Mommies enjoying paratha ::




After breakfast, everyone heading out the tent for various reasons. We did a bit of volleyballs, riding horses, cam-whoring, some trying their skills on archery, some were just relaxing and as for the kids, they just minding their own activities which revolved around playing sands and jumping and screaming their lung out. Then again,anything with sands and messy and dirty by mom's standard is a big win for them.


ARCHERY




:: Poor fellas. They were badly hurt I tell you, one of them even had it's head decapitated ::



HORSE RIDING





PLAY SAND, EAT SAND, SLEEP SAND






:: Masya Allah, anak saper lah ni ? ::









:: Covered with sands from head to toe. Definitely, in their element! ::


:: We even had a herd of camels visiting us, err actually more on passing by our campsite that day. Ultimate highlights for the kids ::





CAM-WHORING




:: My people dunia and akhirah :). They're like sisters my mom never give birth to. Our friendship ikhlas kerana Allah taala and I love them so much in the name of Allah s.w.t. May this friendship remained and bring goodness to us all and may we managed to lead each other to the path of Jannah, Insya Allah ::




VOLLEY BALL



:: Men's league ::


:: Sommersault berpusing yo! ::


:: Cheerleaders ::



:: Women's league chewahhh ::



:: Gaya mutu keunggulan ! ::



FACEBOOKING.. EHHHH ..




I used to be an outdoor girl. Camping, mountain climbing and hiking used to be my monthly activities but it's been a loooooonnnnnng time since my last camping experience. Plus, with 2 kids now, the more reason for me to stay away from what used to be my passion. Given this opportunity I was reminded of Ohh how I love the traditions of camping. . Not having to cook (major LOVE! ), relaxing, keeping up with Malakoffians, having a cup of hot tea under the blanket of sky, the ladies's sleepover party, the never ending chat like we were some teenage girls ( we giggling all night out, we slept at 3 am that night )... all that good stuff.


This whole camping experience certainly took me out of my daily routines. Usually my routine was revolved around bottomless pit of domesticity.. never ending laundry, never ending vacuuming, never ending school lunches, never ending stress to get things done my way.. I can be tad too protective and protocol freak at times when it comes to my kids. So, during this camping I found myself letting loose, more laid back and more relaxed.

It's too cold so let's not having shower today.. Never mind!

The girls were picking up dirts, probably eating sands when I'm not looking, sleeping in a sand and got themselves covered with sands head over heels... Arghh nevermind!

They were wearing over-sized t-shirt, barefooted all day, even I wore the same sweat pants I slept on the night before, with coffee stained on it from breakfast session, all day long.. Who cares? This is what camping is all about..



And last but not least, under normal circumstances.. you will NEVER see me wearing orange tudung with maroon shirt and still walking in public. EVER! Only those close to me understood my so-called perfectionist demand when it comes to tudung. I will not go out if my tudung is not matchy matchy with my outfit ha ha ha..












We left the camp around 4 pm, of course after group photo session. Alhamdullilah for the experience, for the good company, for the happiness and everything. I wouldn't mind going for another camping and certainly wouldn't mind having another day of mismatched outfit, AT ALL !

Bring it on..




:: Group photo - behaved version ::







:: A must have Crowd-goes-wild-cheerful-hoorayyy version ::


You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images