of the girls recent milestones

A ssalamualaikum ... It's been ages since I talked about the girl's milestones. They've grown bigger and wiser eversince...

Assalamualaikum ...


It's been ages since I talked about the girl's milestones. They've grown bigger and wiser eversince my last post about them. Both of them has started schooling as Alis in Reception and Erin in Lower Kindergarten. By next September, Alis will enter Year One, where the real school will begin with exam and all, no more nappy time after meal and such, while Erin will be in her Reception Year. Although this could only mean more time for me in the morning, in some weird way, I kinda miss having them at home once in a while especially when the quite-ness, and the stillness got to me. 

:: Erin during British Playhouse's registration day ::


:: Picking up uniforms ::

Alis as her appeared to be, grown up to be quite a lady. She's still very much reserved and shy when meeting new people. She loved everything girlish, everything pinkish and like to make her own face every time we went out. At times, she took more time getting ready compared to me. 


:: Doing what she love best! Posing :) ::

School wise, she's doing beyond great. She speaks good and fluent English and at 5, she'd able to read short and simple words now and managed to read story books by herself, although in "merangkak" phase. Masya Allah I am more than grateful as I was nothing near her achievement when I was her age. She's doing well in her weekly KAFA class too. 

Started as very easy to fed baby, she's now unfortunately became very picky eater as of late to which contribute to my daily headache. However she loved Western and Japanese food jiddan ( too much in Arabic) so any thing that have to do with Mac&Cheese, pasta, spaghetti, salmon and Japanese is fine to her. Just give her a plate of raw salmon and she'd on cloud nine.




Having a very moody and fierce sister like Erin ha ha ha she gained a lot of patience and I can see that she tried her very best to give in to Erin and avoid conflicts every time fights occurred or when Erin pissed her off. Am proud to say that she possessed and embraced the big sis role very well. 

I found her to be tad a bit sensitive lately and demanded attention more than ever from us. I guess it's all part and parcel of growing up and she's in the phase and age where she realized about love, aware of jealousy and understands about sense of feeling, be it sad or happy or frustration or responsibility and embarrassment. She closed the door now when changing clothes specially when her papa is around, she blushed when I teased her with boys, she sulked if I raised my voice to her and she'd reasoning with me if she felt I treated her unfairly. She's a young lady already!


:: My tiny baby is now 5. Your laughter is indeed my best medicine ::




And as for my little one, she remained a cheerful, easy going and entertaining baby of mine. She started school recently and became a pro ( at school ) overnight as if she had done it for a long time. It's undeniable that she's a frequent sleeper. It is such a headache trying to wake her up from sleep before but now, just at the mention of the word "school" and she'll be in a shower in a blink. You know how babies have this addictive- heavenly smells and normally the smell will wear off as they aged. Erin, however, to me, still have the same sweet and sourish baby smell. Her morning breath is the best I tell you and you'll find me snuggling beside her and sniffing her when she's still in her deep sleep in the morning! Kah kah kah.. My husband unfortunately doesn't agree with me on this.




As shown in the above picture, we still didn't managed to separate her from her "cuk-ting" apparently. Honestly, we didn't tried hard, nope we didn't even tried although we did put some restriction like she can only have her puting during night time. Some part of me wanted so much for her to stop this "cuk-ting" addiction soonest, worried that the habit will sooner or later did some damages to her teeth, plus an image of  4 years old sucking a pacifier in public is not cute, at least to others. Another part of me anyhow, couldn't be bothered much by this because in some way, this is the only trace left of her baby-hood. Baby talk has left, her small petite baby figure obviously has left too, she stopped drinking bottle milk almost 2 years by now, hence only her "cuk-ting" was all left that reminded me of old days and I'm not sure whether I was ready to part ways with the very last piece of her babyhood memories. I think when the time finally comes, I'll be more devastated than her :).





She didn't resemble me in many way but one. Her palate! As I always said this, Erin have a very "desa" palate. She just have to had rice everyday, just like me. She loves anything kampung-ish. Pucuk paku, kangkung and whatnot.


:: Eating lemak cili padi pucuk paku. She gobbled the whole "cekak" all by herself and left me with only the gravy. I am THIS close to become like a mother in Batu Belah Batu Bertangkup ha ha ha. Pucuk paku is unavailable here therefore to sooth my crave once in a while, I ordered it from Asian Market who "import" it all the way from Thailand hence, the price certainly ain't cheap. In short, it's very rare and expensive item by my standard hahah and yet she have no pity on me at all -_____- ::


:: Cheeky is Erin's middle name. Ermmmmmmm as well as mischievous and stubborn! ::


:: Doing part time modelling for Papa during free time :) ::


:: Cat whisperer ::







Quoted from someone whom I already regard as my own sister :

My promise to my children: 

I am your parent first, your friend second. I will stalk you, flip out on you, lecture you, drive you insane, be your worst nightmare & hunt you down like a bloodhound when needed because I LOVE YOU! When you understand that, I will know you are a responsible adult. You will NEVER find someone who loves, prays, cares & worries about you more than I do. In short, I am your worst nightmare who loves you!!!




:: My other 3rd quarter. They complete me :) ::

You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images