March and April babies

March and April are in deed a special months to me because we were blessed with so many occasions to celebrate. Erin , Mr Muddy, my mom, my ...

March and April are in deed a special months to me because we were blessed with so many occasions to celebrate. Erin , Mr Muddy, my mom, my sister and my father in law birthday was all in March. My parent's wedding anniversary fall on 1st April and Alis's birthday was on 4th April.

I don't make a tradition to host a birthday parties because I'm lazy like that ha ha ha. Normally we would buy a cake or dine out with family and friends. On most occasion, I don't even buy cake since none of my family member have much liking for cakes so I don't see a reason why we need to waste few dinars on cake that is eventually end up in the dustbin anyway. Anyhow, I do believed in present hee hee hee.. I would make sure we will at least bought something for them for their birthdays. Big or small, cheap or expensive, none of those matters as the thought that counts.

This year, Erin's birthday fall on the day we came back from Umrah trip so I foresee celebrating her birthday on our bed, pajamas on, in our dreams kah kah kah.. However, since we were going out for lunch anyway, we dropped by Marina Mall and bought a cake for her and having small celebration at Kak Anis's lovely home so she can enjoy her birthday with her friends. Since everyone is still very much exhausted from long journey, we make a point to make it a quick, simple yet meaningful event for her.



:: Red velvet cake from Haagen Dasz ::



:: Erin & Haqeem ::






And as for my husband, I suggested that we eat at Slider Station for his birthday since I heard of it's good reputation.

I can't help but falling in love with this restaurant. It had a very chic and interesting interior. The waiter and waitresses was very friendly and the menu was uber cool!

Slider means small sandwich therefore the portion was small. It was served on slider roll so you can pick which one you like to try, just like at sushi shop. This way, you can taste as many different sliders they offered without having your belly burst. Due to it's small portion, it's nice to have it as entree or appetizer, or even afternoon snacks.


:: First menu we ordered. Can't remember it's exact name but it is actually a cheesy fries with jalapeno. The jalapenos definitely do wonders to this meal because it helped to balance the "muakness" that came from the oily fries and cheese ::


:: Angel hair fries for the kids. However, they ended up digging our jalapeno fries more ::


:: My shrimp's slider ::


:: Mr Muddy's beef something something :) ::


:: Kid's mini burger. It's sooooooooooooooo tiny even Erin ate it in one bite ha ha ha ::



:: Seeee, one tiny burger isn't it? The mini burger set came with 6-7 burger like this so for the kids, it's more than enough because we ordered some other menus, apart from this so they got to taste a bit of this and that and yet still manage to finish their portion of burgers. ::


I highly recommended this place for it's wonderful and cozy restaurant and for it's experience.

We had dinner at TGI Friday Marina Mall with Kak Anis and Mr Yuzly afterwards where my husband was surprised by a group of TGI Friday staffs that approached our table with a brownie and candle and sang birthday song for him, ever so loudly, all thanks to secret arrangement done by Kak Anis and Mr Yuzly. Even I was stunned and taken by surprise. We definitely didn't see it coming, at all. Thanks a lot to both of them for their kind thoughts and treat. Only Allah s.w.t could repay their kindness. Sadly, I don't have any photo from that dinner.


Alis's birthday this year fall in the middle of the week and unfortunately, my husband is working on day shift that day, which means we can only celebrate after he came back from office around 830 pm. Thus, we decided to have small dinner nearby and this time, we chose Mughal Mahal.




:: Tandoori feast for Alis 6th birthday ::


To all March and April babies in my life :

Happy Birthday to you. May Allah s.w.t bless all of you with abundance of greatness and happiness in dunia and akhirah.

Amin..



:: 3rd March baby ::


:: 6th's March babies ::



:: 14th March's baby::



:: 4th April baby ::

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images