"The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends!

My husband is under a protein diet since 2 weeks into Ramadhan and still currently is. Honestly, he started taking Alpha Lipid SD2 soy p...


My husband is under a protein diet since 2 weeks into Ramadhan and still currently is. Honestly, he started taking Alpha Lipid SD2 soy protein milk for the past few weeks, recommended by my good friend Ayu and Kak Ida. Compared to previous slimming stuffs he'd took before ( which is few ), this is one brand that actually deliver the optimum result within short period, affordable and I sorta approved on. Plus, the diet regime is quite simple. You can eat almost anything, except carbs. Meat, chicken, prawn, fish.. almost everything but with exception to certain things like squid and cockles and also fruits for it's high sugar content. Advisable to consume as much omega source in your daily diet. However, always keep the portion small lah kan. You don't expect to shed some kilos if you take a whole chicken or generous portion of rib eye steak daily don't you? Base line is, keep portion small, take more vege, no carb and liters and liters of plain water.

Ever since, my fridge stock and our daily menu flipped almost 360 degree, Some says, cooking malay lauk and rice is hair pulling and they prefer western style for it's easier and much simpler prep and cooking method. But I just can't agree. With rice, you can fry chicken, or fish, some sayur dish, maybe sambal or some lauk kuah2 and your lunch and dinner is done. With western food, so many factor need to be put into consideration. If I were to make salad, would it be filling enough for my family? Can they last until dinner or even till tea time? And I found myself always thinking of what to cook next because for western food, it's best to have it freshly made. Lunch done, so now what's for dinner? Dinner done, what's for breakfast, then lunch and then dinner again.. Hehe am not complaining, just expressing my thoughts.

If it was for me, my family would be having unhealthy lifestyle. My main problem is there's no calories that I don't like ha ha ha.. I cannot skip rice even for one day even I tried hard. I would restraint myself sometimes from taking rice for a day but ended found myself crawling to kitchen quietly at midnight and whipped myself some simple nasi goreng cili padi which is clearly way more unhealthy. So, changing our eating habit to a healthier style is a challenge specially for the girls and me. Me was more on no rice part while the girls was more on taking sayur daily he he. Anyway alhamdullilah my effort showed some fruitful and promising result as the girls started to consume vegetable, raw and semi raw willingly on daily basis while me on the other hand... ermmmm I'm trying. I'll be there soon Insya Allah. So, yay or nay really is depending on you.

Enough talk, below are what's been on our table lately and I recorded it so that I can keep track of what I've been feeding my family and what is to be improve. There's a saying said " A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit" so yeah, we're paying our penalty right now for misbehaving in the past :)

:: Ayam Bakar Kenny Roger's inspired with black pepper and mushroom sauce. I found the recipe via google ::


:: Deep fried kerapu with ginger soy sauce ::


:: Chapli Kebab for one of our sahur session. I first learned about this Pakistani famous dish from our driver during trip to Mecca. He bought it at Madinah and share with us. My husband mentioned it again during last Ramadhan so we googled the recipe and this is the end product ::

:: Also for sahur. This is mine with spaghetti. My husband can't eat pasta so I prepared for him something else ::

:: His, with beef bacon strips ::

:: Belgium waffle. Mine and kids. Can't be considered healthy. This is to relief my craving for Belgium waffle we had during our Euro trip. Not as good as the authentic one, but better than none ::

:: This is not food he he he. Alis on her first sahur. My husband worked night shift so there's only us. First sahur for her so this picture is definitely a keeper ::

:: Homemade mutton finger with poach egg ( in the middle, in case you wondering where it is ha ha ha ) and steam vege with garlic soy sauce ::

:: Grilled beef satay style ::

:: Grilled beef with mixed sauteed vege ::

:: Grilled prawn on skewer ::

:: Avocado salad with thousand island dressing. My first try using avocado. I added also leftover KFC's chicken breast from lunch. Verdict : Raw avocado is a big NO. My husband said it tasted a bit hanyir when eaten raw and too muak for his liking ::


Everybody can whip a salad but not everyone can make a good salad. Me, I'm in between. I love to try new things and some turned good but some turned bad. A thing or two I learned about good salad is the balance and the color. The more colorful, the better ha ha ha. Anyhow, you can't just dump every vege you have in fridge into a bowl and hoping for miracle. Each part of the salad must compliment and balanced out each other so to speak.

:: I prepared this today for his dinner at work as he was on night shift today ::

:: Final result. What I put : celery, cucumber, tomato, carrot, lettuce, smoked turkey salami that I grilled, pickled garlic and boiled egg. He will dress them with thousand island later. The verdict : Well, I guess we have to wait for tomorrow morning then .. ::


On another note, my girls have started their school session for this academic year already. Erin started few days earlier. 

:: On her day one ::


:: Alis first day as Year One student. Hope they have great time back to school ::






:: How their lunch bag used to look daily ::

You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images