Venice, the city of romantic. Not!

On Day 8, we were moving onto Venice where from this day onwards we're gotta experienced the hotter and humid part of this trip. Unfor...

On Day 8, we were moving onto Venice where from this day onwards we're gotta experienced the hotter and humid part of this trip. Unfortunately, Italy was on heat wave when we were there. It was reported that a few peoples has died due to the extreme weather, for the sake to describe the seriousness of the wave that hit Italy. Such a tragedy.. It was 40-46 degree Celcius and humidity around probably 70-80 %.. It was worst than Malaysia and take this as a confirmation from a person who actually lives in Kuwait, the so called land of extreme weather, it is indeed worst than Kuwait. Although summer in Kuwait could reach up to 50 degree C, at least the climate was dry so you don't sweat like mad..



:: Saying good bye to the lovely hotel and ermmm cool weather ::




Upon arriving at the pier, we were ushered immediately to the chartered boat that's already awaits us.


:: Errrrrrrr unfortunately, the big baby behind me is NOT our chartered boat. Ohh how I wish.. Ours were tad a bit smaller than that ::


:: This is ours . We're going to have lunch on board too on our way back from Venice ::

:: Group photo ::

:: Still looking fresh and dandy huhh.. What we're about to deal with next is beyond our imagination although we had expected it ::

:: So so hugeeee. It was a floating 10 storey building for cry out loud and it was actually one of our wish list to travel in a cruise like this, someday. Insya Allah.. ::


:: It's getting hot and stuffy inside the cabin so we opted for outside where it's more windy ::



:: First glimpse ::

:: By this time, almost everyone has already flooded the front deck, I believed not because of the scenery but because the cabin has turned into floating sauna ha ha ha. Sorry to spoiled your romantic mood, if you started to feeling so. I'm just being honest ::

:: The infamous Venice, finally... Yeayyyyy, finally I can say, we've been there ::


:: Symbol of venice ::




We were first brought to this glass factory called Murano. It is included in the tour package. It was first come first serve though even the tour manager already made advance reservation so we had to wait for another group to finish before allowed to proceed with the tour. 




:: As you can see, all of us was drenched in sweat, and this is like only the beginning of our tour. Sighhhh .. ::

After a good few minutes that felt like forever, Cox & King was called which means our turn to go in. Firstly, we were shown a demonstration of glass making technique and was given short briefing on the glass making history.




:: In a blink of eyes, the shape started took place and in no time, a unicorn was born. Wallaaaa ::

After the demo, we were taken into their display section and also souvenir shops. Without a doubt, my favorite part of the day! For the first time ever, shopping has nothing to do with this part being my favorite but merely because it was the only air conditioned place we encounter through out the day kah kah kah.. 


:: Yep, this exact place where we stood was flooded up to knee-high few months after this during winter ::






:: Don't get fooled by our all smiley face. It was so hot seriously. The kids was unwilling to take any photo anymore I had to threaten them ha ha ha. It's not like everyday we got to visit Venice yo', so like it or not, even if you had crook smile on your face, just be sport about it. Of course, I treat them with ice cream later on ::





:: It is said that your visit to Venice is not complete without riding on a gondola, listening to the rider sing a song you don't understand while enjoying the scenery feeling all romantic. My advice is, don't buy any of that, especially if you come to Venice in summer, with 2 kids tagged along ha ha ha.. The sad but true fact about Venice is, in reality it is quite dirty compared to UK and the canal water was polluted pretty badly, presumably of waste from the residencies along the canal and also from the millions of tourist visiting. As a result, the polluted water produced unpleasant and disturbingly smell. Such a waste, How to feel romantic laa like that, u tell me.. ::

:: Look up and you'll see pretty historical buildings, look down you'll see this.. ::


:: I had a feeling somehow somebody somewhere in Venice must be looking for their missing egg plant ! ::

:: This is a 'mild' version to be exact. There were many more hardcore version than this I had tough time covering my girls eyes ha ha ha and it's not helping that there's were abundance of stalls like this around the square and along the canal ::

:: Waiting for something, or perhaps someone, I just don't remember what or who. We don't look too happy in this picture don't we? Unlike UK, where I don't hesitate to sit just about anywhere without worry, apparently the same thing doesn't applied here. The pavement was quite dirty, there's no bench to sit on and you can't sit in an open restaurant around the square without ordering anything, so squatting it is  --___-- ::






:: I was toying with my husband's camera and I have no idea why I snapped this batang kayu out of many subjects around me. Feeling feeling artistic letttewwww ::





:: I forced my husband to buy this lace umbrella for me. Cost around 10 euro if I'm not mistaken. Obviously with all those eyelets, shading me from the heat was the least this umbrella can do, but I insisted on buying it still. As a prop.. Feeling diva sangattttt tauu pakai payung ni kehkehkeh ::




:: Waiting for our boat with the girls. My legs were killing me and this side of pavement looked visually cleaner than the others, hence the little picnic ::

As I've mentioned in the earlier part, we had our lunch on board. 

Again, the romantic dining experience I was hoping for didn't come to realize. It was Indian food, as expected, of course. No biggie but I was expecting the meal to be served on our table, to the least. Less did I know, it was self service ha ha ha. 

Just try to imagine, you staggering while trying your hardest to keep your balance because the water was choppy and the boat was speeding, holding a plate, scooping rice, curry and whatnot, then getting a cup of water since you'll definitely be needing it, walking back to your table, while maintaining your posture and trying hard not to spill anything. And since I had two minor with me, I had to make another 2 trips for them. Never mind fine dining, I am out of breath and sweat like nobody before even started eating. Rest assure my appetite has reduced to almost half by the time I rest my butt on the bench. To add salt to the wound, the cabin was non air conditioned type and somehow, it was less windy during our journey back compared to earlier huhuhuhu... I believed I stopped chewing from my second spoon and just gobbled everything down. Nonetheless, the curry was the best I've ever tasted through out the entire trip kah kah kah.. 

In the itinerary was stated that we will be given a souvenir from the company and the tour manager started distributing the gifts on our way back. It turned out to be a bottle of champagne!! How frustrating..Talking about a series of unfortunate event hehehe... It was from an expensive brand I assumed considering the expressions from other non muslim tour mate, like they've just won a lottery or something. Obviously, there's nothing we can do with the champagne so we gave it to our driver, Yanos. With 2 bottle of expensive wines in his possessed, he's definitely one happy camper. We just hope he won't drink it that night cause heyyy, we had paid for full 15 days trip therefore we certainly wanted to complete the tour and be back to Kuwait in one piece ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Of all 7 days we were travelling, I never felt this sense of relief when our tour manager announcing that we're going to our hotel next ha ha ha. It was indeed a very long hot scorching day and honestly, I am not looking forward to tomorrow because I foresee another hot sticky day .. O' Allah, please make it easy for us..

As a closing, do avoid Venice and Italy during summer at all cost unless sun bathing is your thing. Just my 2 cents..

Ciao ...

You Might Also Like

1 thoughts

Flickr Images