Prayers from a pure soul

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.. That's what children are all about. Today, as I performed my Zohor, Erin as usual, will imita...

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.. That's what children are all about.

Today, as I performed my Zohor, Erin as usual, will imitating my solat routine from takbir to when I say my prayer. It is rather puzzled seeing her terkumat kamit during doa part so I asked her what could possibly she pray for to which she replied with cheeky smile and wide grin. Haha that's Erin answer for nothing. So I was called to teach them about prayer, you know basically what you can/should ask from Allah.

To sums up, basically my version went like this..

YA ALLAH, MAAFKAN LAH ( i changed the words ampun since i think it's a big word for them for now else I will need extra good 10 minutes to explain the words ampun itself) DOSA MUMMY DAN PAPA SAYA, NENEK DAN ATOK SAYA, TOKKI DAN TOKWAN SAYA. MURAHKAN REZEKI ( as I expected, i had to explained the words rezeki to them both, to keep it simple I translated as duit. They'll understand later when they grow up that rezeki doesn't mean duit and duit only but for now let stick to what they could easily understand) PAPA SAYA. JADIKKAN LAH SAYA GOOD GIRL, DENGAR CAKAP MUMMY DAN PAPA SAYA DAN RAJIN SOLAT.

I personally think it should be enough for them to understand basic prayer. To test whether to do understand what I just taught them, I asked them to repeat their prayer, of course using their own version and this is what I got..

Alis and Erin almost synchronised :

YA ALLAH, MAAFKAN PAPA DAN MUMMY SAYA, NENEK DAN ATUK SAYA, TOKKI DAN TOKWAN SAYA ( hmmmm so far so good). Erin then took the lead and decided she can do better. So she continued.... BAGI LAH PAPA CAYA BANNNYYAAKKKKK DUIT ( Cute !!!) , NANTI PAPA CAYA BOLEY BELI MAINANNNN, KERETAAA, CHAUN THE CHEEP... BLA BLA BLA ( not cute anymore ! ) And continously adding more and more
" wishlist"... sighhhhh ....

I just let her be because I wanted to see how the closing would be... After she's about done with her list, she end up her prayer with this....



TOLOOOOOOONG LAH CAYA !



Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... very drama queen this girl I tell you






So it occured to me that she got the point that we should be humble and seek for help from Allah.

And so she understand the relation between money and materials in life.

However, I wonder where the part where she was supposed to ask to be a good and obedient girl goes ?

*rolls eyes*

Having said that,

I think it is a good start :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

You Might Also Like

5 thoughts

Flickr Images