2 CAKEs story

panCAKE and banana CAKE..... My apology for the short hiatus. As cliche as I may sound, I've been busy... hurrmmm doing nothing importan...

panCAKE and banana CAKE.....

My apology for the short hiatus. As cliche as I may sound, I've been busy... hurrmmm doing nothing important hehe... Am enjoying my K-Drama and me moments , lately.

Even though most of her friends already started their school session early this week, Alis will start schooling tomorrow to which I'll write a post about it. Mesti lah kena tulis post of it's own kan, kata ade mak kepoh!

It's normal for KG students to begin their term much later that primary and secondary students. Based on education system applied here, earliest level will be KG1 as in Kindergarten 1, KG2, Year 1 till Year 8 for secondary. Theoretically, she'll need to start from KG1. Anyhow, she passed the assessment test so her teacher decided that she can skip KG1 and straight away register her as KG2 student. I was thinking of registering her for Year 1 but the school need us to provide certificate showing that she had completed her kindergarten back home, which we didn't have. Alis managed to completed only 6 months in Sm@rt Reader when we're moving here. Therefore, I had to just be happy with her in KG2, for now.

Enough with Alis's bits. Alah macam kan anak de sorang je nak masuk skolah, anak org lain dh lama masuk skolah tak kecoh punnn.. :)

Moving on, below are 2 new recipes I tried few days back. Simple recipes to which really suited my lacking of culinary skills. As embarrassing as it can be, each time I'm googling for recipe, I would end up choosing the simplest, and shortest recipe I could find among many. Recipes that came in 2-3 pages long always tend to give me motion sick ha ha ha.

Well, like an old saying, blame the floor if you can't dance, blame the oven if you can't bake....... and in my case, blame the recipes if you can't cook !

1st one would be Chocolate Chip Pancakes ..... although some of you must think, alamakkkk buat pancake pun nak kena tgk recipe ker heheh but to my defense, being a working mum before, my pancakes previously, mostly comes from the instant ready made one where you just need to effortlessly pour some milk, add and egg and the batter is ready. Now that I don't have nothing to rush for anymore, except for my beauty sleep, my kids definitely deserved at least home made pancakes made from scratch by their mummy, no matter how lazy I could be sometimes.



Recipe taken from here . Since I'm feeling extra generous today, I pasted the recipe here too, for your easy reference.

As can be seen below, the original recipe comes with cinnamon honey syrup which I skipped. My kids wasn't really fond of cinnamon except for cinnamon roll so I just pour normal Cabin Log
's Maple Syrup.

RECIPE

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
  • CINNAMON HONEY SYRUP:
  • 1 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cubed
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon





Above are also my first attempt of making Banana Cake using this recipe and I couldn't be any happier with the result. It is so simple to make and yet produce everything needed in banana cake, in my opinion. Moist, but not to moist to the point of sticky, sweet but not too sweet until overpowering the banana's own natural sweetness. In short, this is a very humble cake, just the way i like it. Based on my experience, some recipes at times required involvement of heavy machine like mixer and such in order to produce best result but this recipe was on the contrary. Being someone so bad in baking, this recipe indeed very easy to follow and required very minimum baking tools, perfect for my humble and very minimally equipped kitchen kah kah kah.



:: Satu untuk kau, satu untuk aku, satu untuk kau, satu untuk aku ::

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images