Still in Raya mode and mood?

There's no doubt, that Hari Raya in Q8 was lack of colours and sound. No mercun, no bunga api, no lampu kelip kelip. As odd as it sound,...

There's no doubt, that Hari Raya in Q8 was lack of colours and sound. No mercun, no bunga api, no lampu kelip kelip. As odd as it sound, I actually missed dam dam dumm, bunyik mercun. Regardless, we Malaysian here sure did try our best untuk memeriahkan suasana yang suram by none other than hosting open house. This week in particular, was indeed an open house's week. We received numerous invitations from fellow Malaysian and as best as we can, tried to attend at least most of it, if not all.


On another topic related to Raya, this year I've realized something that never came to mind before. This year I found out that, certain places has it's own "smell" that made it memorable and nostalgic. Roughly translated, my memory ( and might be others too) remembering certain places by it's smell and scents. Not the place itself, not the decor, not the people but by their smells. For example :

  • 1st day of Raya when I cooked Nasik Minyak, u know the point when ghee and onion sizzled, suddenly I felt like I was standing in my MIL kitchen. All I need was to closed my eyes and replaced my kitchen image to hers, in my mind, and I'm as good as at kampung.

  • Then on the third day morning, I had this almost-rotten rendang leftover from open house the other day. While clearing it, I was morphed back to my mum's home and my hometown in Singapore as normally this was exactly how my granny's and my mum's kitchen will smelled like on 2nd or 3rd day raya. Damm it felt good, as if I dun have to be there to feel the atmosphere. For once, I kinda enjoyed the rotten rendang smells. Hahhaha I'm seriously home-sick I guess. Only homesick syndrome can made me sniffed on rotten rendang and savor the scent.

  • On 3rd day of raya, we went to Avenue. Upon entering the main entrance, we were greeted by pop corn smells conquering the atmosphere. Immediately and totally un-planned, we looked up at each other( husband and I) and almost in sync, we blurted "KLCC". The syrupy-caramel popcorn smells somehow reminds us of KLCC, TGV section to be exact. For a moment, we were reminiscing on good old memories. Sighhh..
Therefor, I think my theory on people's brain actually stored the memory of smells rather than the image of the place itself are accurate. Errr can I named this theory - Theory Wawa ? U know after the founder? Hahhhhahah yeah I know.. in my dream !

Back to my intended open house story..

We attended 2 open houses so far which is by Linda and Kak Lina+Siti's ( joint venture). Below are pictures of us going to Kak Lina's house. No pic during both events though as we didn't bring our camera.

{ Alis finally let us cut her fringe which actually makes her look chubbier. Now I know why she hesitate to let us cut it earlier. Kahhhh kah shhhhhh !! dun tell her she look chubbier and dun ever tell her I told you guys she look chubbier ehh.. Thumb promise !}

{ Pinky mummy and pinky peace-y papa. Erin snapped this pic. Kagum betoll sebab semua masuk dlm gamba and centre summore. }

{ Ni Erin jugak amik tapi kire trial and error session. Practise makes perfect orang kata. Biarlah kepala mummy takde pun, practise dik practise ! }

{ Ni budak eksyen anak sape?? Sila kutip balik }

{ Haaaaa takper.. Kakak de dh datang collect }

En Muddy has back on his shift duty on 4th day of raya hence as normal routine, I will need to prepare his dinner on his nite shift duty. Last night since we had invitation at Kak Lina+Siti's open house, I made Roti Jala with Chicken Curry (as pot luck) of which he took few pieces and brought to office for his dinner. After all, he will be full eating all those nice and tasty food served at the open house we attended. So today, when asked for what he wanted for dinner, he particularly said he want Grilled Lamb, hence grilled lamb it is.









As per requested ( by few friends).. Here I'm putting the recipe for reference. Sape sape sudi nak try, sila lahh :)

Bahan marinade :

Tomato sauce + Oyster sauce ( takde sukatan tertentu, ikut suka asalkan boley meliputi keseluruhan daging )Garam dan gula secukup rasa, White pepper and black pepper, and I sprinkled a bit of Magic Meat Powder too. Sesaper nak tambah rosemary ke , atau ape ape bahan lain adelah dipersilakan..

Cara - cara :

Perap semua bahan ikut suke, selama mana yang di sukai. Then bakar pada suhu 175 degree C selama 25 minit. Terbalikkan dan bakar lagi selama 25 minit ( bergantung kepada jenis lamb dan jenis oven). Brushed kan air gula merah ataupun brown sugar, dan bakar lagi pada suhu 200 degree C smpi lembut dan masak. Sebelum di hidang, boley lah tuang kan lebihan gravy ke atas lamb tersebut.

kah kah kah... ni sebab aku malas nk letak resipi.......Ayat tak boleh tahannnnn...

Sekian terima kaseh.


You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images