Cooking from heart and souls cheewahhhh...

During my last holiday, I don't remember doing any cooking, at all. My culinary skills ( if they do existed bahahah ) was put to a goo...

During my last holiday, I don't remember doing any cooking, at all. My culinary skills ( if they do existed bahahah ) was put to a good long rest. When I have my mom around, who needs my cooking anyway. Therefore, after returned to Q8, I need to start all over again. I noticed, during summer, meals based on santan was not a hit so I've decided to go for more grilled stuff, and simpler menu.

Another thing about summer, we just don't go out often due to extreme temperature hence mommies at my building came out with a few indoor activities to fill our pastime. Among many, below are two activities I've had opportunity to join and it was sooooo much fun. At times like this, when doing it together, even boring, un-attractive activity like making your own noodle turned out to be a memorable moments. 5 kilos yellow mee was ready in no time and felt effortless.

Enough rambling, lets photos do the selling..


:: Mee kuning in process. Venue : My humble home. We had such a happening "factory worker" that day. Owh No no no, don't worry I will never allow child labor. Not under my watch. This adorable baby in this picture, Aqeel was not involved at all in the process. No baby was harm in the making of our yellow mee , I guarantee hihihihi ::


:: Proses kisar mee. I had to crop this picture and most of the pictures snap that day because my hair was not properly covered. I'm in blue shirt at the back pretending to be busy boiling some raw mee he he he ::


:: What else to do when there's so much food on display ? Pembaziran itu amalan syaitonnnnn ::



:: Let see.. We have Nasik Ayam prepared by me, mee prepared by all the great ladies and fried by me and also goreng pisang-specially prepared by Sue. She's in pink tunic ::


:: The end result after the hard labour work ::

Even though I already prepared Chicken Rice beforehand, still some of my friends were thoughtful enough by bringing their own potluck. Below are among those foods we had that day....


:: Honey Roasted Chicken to be eaten with chicken rice, by me ::


:: Chilli paste ::


:: Mixed vege soup ::



:: Terung Sambal by Lina ::


:: Donut by Linda ::



:: Grilled Chicken by Ayu ::


For the better part of the week, there's another mommies's activity I took part which is Projek Membuat Keropok Lekor. Before experiencing it myself, I just can't imagined keropok lekor as something that can be home-made. Turned out, I was wrong.

:: Sue, Lina and me @ Lina's place ::



:: Siap di rebus, sedia di potong, bakal di goreng ::


:: Taraaaaaa... Mind you, we're talking about 13 kg of fish here. Totally hardcore ! ::

Apart of those 2 "mega" project I'm involved in, there's also few of my own made meals I prepared for my lil family. It may not looked feasty or tempting enough for some of you, but there is so much efforts poured in creating below meals, and gladly my family enjoyed it too Alhamdullilah.


:: Spicy Grilled Red Snapper. I didn't eat red snapper but I am more than happy to cooked it since it's my hubby's ultimate favorite ::




:: Seeee, told you. Red snapper again ! He wouldn't mind eating red snapper every alternate day. This time I've decided to steamed it in aluminium foil. Portuguese style with baby lady's finger. I never buy baby lady's finger before, E V E R... but then I saw a demo by a very famous Indian chef in MasterChef Australia. He was cooking prawn curry and instead of using normal young lady's finger, he opted for those tiny little baby lady's finger, and my oh my I was sold ! ::


:: Done ! ::


:: I made this batch of satay for dinner since hubby requested for no rice ::




:: This is not for breakfast, but for Alis's lunch. At certain time, given certain mood, she will just refuse to eat rice. Between her and Erin, I think I'm having more challenging time adjusting to Alis's apettite compared to Erin's. This is because Alis will change her liking almost instantly. She will love brocolli and carrot like nobody business today and suddenly tomorrow, she just don't want brocolli anymore but mushroom. She love crab like crazy someday and the next day she hated it. She used to eat bawang goreng like she eat rice but the next day, she'll sulk if I sprinkled bawang goreng in her soup. Geezzzzz I wish I was born with fortune teller's gift at times so I can see in advance what she'll like to eat tomorrow or the day after. It's rather hopelessly frustrating at times not knowing what to fed her. ::


During summer here in Q8 ( or maybe some other places with 4 seasons too ), I noticed there'll be water melon almost everywhere and their watermelon wasn't anything like the one in Malaysia, no offense. In my opinion, Q8 water melon was like the juiciest and sweetest I've ever tasted. The colour was sooo shocking red which is to me very important factor, since the visual plays important role. No one would wanna buy pink watermelon eh? Unfortunately, "they" have tad too much seeds for my liking I found it a bit inconvinient especially when eating with minor. A friend of mine gave us this melon and since it was so juicy, I've decided to made watermelon juice.




:: Arghhhhh such a bliss. Nothing beats cold, freshly made watermelon juice, served in it own skin ( ermmm panggil skin kah? ) during hot scorching day, by far. Bonus, sipping it together with your loved ones. I am blessed ! ::

You Might Also Like

6 thoughts

Flickr Images