Summer Holiday 2011 journal..

Yeahhhh rite like any of you have the slightest interest to know how my holiday turned out, but I'm telling anyway.. Bear with me.. As w...

Yeahhhh rite like any of you have the slightest interest to know how my holiday turned out, but I'm telling anyway.. Bear with me..


As we know it ( err maybe some of you just about to know ), I've spent the whole June recently in Malaysia and considering that our next plan of coming back will be end of 2012, insya allah, we tried our best to enjoy this holiday to the max. However, it turned out to be the most exhausted month I've ever had, the schedules was so tight even breathing is a work for me. We spent most of our time on the road, on the go. There's so much driving involved till my husband said, with the total hours of driving involved this time, he wouldn't mind not driving for next one year. It is that bad I tell you.

Well in short.. my holiday start with THIS......


:: My sis in law's wedding ::

And ended with THAT...

:: My utmost favorite butter nan with Chicken Kadai from Pakistani restaurant called Wah Ji Wah infront my building in Q8 ::

Do expect a super long winded post, because I'm definitely squeezing a worth of month's story into one post.

Bismillah hirrahmanirrahim..

Let's begin.. I left Q8 with my girls first on Gulf Air, left Mr Muddy behind since he need to apply for family visa. Oh by the way, he got his Civil ID 2 days before my departure day. Like FINALLYY !!! In order to apply for family visa, first thing first, you need to get your family out of Q8, explained on why I had to fly home to Malaysia, with the girls, on my own. No biggie for me.

Lucky for us, our transit doesn't involved long time like previous. Only around 45 minutes or so from my departure time to my connecting flight time. We reached Bahrain International airport around 7.15 pm and my connecting flight to Malaysia was at 8.10 pm. Once arrived, we were ushered straight to boarding gate, waited around 20 minutes or less and then boarded our plane home. I don't even have chance to peek around duty free shop as always. Nevermind, not like I planned on buying anything anyway.

Reached KLIA around 9.40 am with an eyebags as huge as my hand luggage. I don't even get a chance to sleep at all through my 8 hours flight. Not even a minute. Why is that so, you may ask ....

First reason was because Erin had high fever and her temperature did spiked few times during the journey. I had to constantly sponging his body, arm pits and neck with baby wipes. Luckily, there's one Malaysian crew on the flight so I asked out for her help to bring me a cup of water so I can use to cool Erin's temp down. She's so kind and kept coming to check on us. May Allah bless her for her kindness and thoughts. Erin didn't cry much though, just writhing restlessly. Well it's not her crying that I'm worried about but her temperature. Alhamdullilah, managed to bring her temp to non alarming level till we reached KL.

Second reason why I can't sleep at all was besides having had to monitor Erin's temperature, I also had to kept adjusting Alis's sleeping position. U see, as we're travel in 3, we were seated at middle row designated with 4 seats. Normally it will be ngam ngam sui for my family of 4 but since En Muddy not with us, there's one spare seat in our row. The seat might be vacant or might be occupied by other passenger, which of course I preferred the earlier so I could have extra room for my legs and extra sleeping space for the girls hihihihi. However, it turned out that the empty seat was occupied by a man. Cabin crew announced shortly after all passenger was seated that there's quite a number of empty seats at the back so in any case anyone like to change seat to more comfortable one, they may do so. As bad as this may sound, I am actually praying for that man to actually change his seat and left that seat empty for us but to no avail. He's not moving at all. Knowing that it would rather be selfish for me to ask him to move while I'm the one who wants comfortness, I got up and check if there's any row empty so we can move. Sadly, there's none. All that left was 2 seats type on the right and left side of plane. Sighhhhh... I have no problem sharing seats with stranger. My problem was, the girls ended up berkerumun at my seats because there's a stranger in presence. I had almost 31 kg on my laps at one time and having had to endure that amount of weight for 8 hours is no joke. Plus, once Alis deep in her sleep, she kept kicking that man's leg and woke him up and I ended up constantly apologizing and pulling Alis to my side. There's one time when I barely feel my legs, I thought it had rolled over to the front.. Geeeeezzz..

Anyhow, the day after we departed, I got sick and Erin got sick but I was worst. I was down with fever and a very severe coughing for a week. Basically my first week in Malaysia spent on bed at my mom house. All I did was sleep-eat-makan ubat-sleep. All in all I consumed more than 7 types of cough medication. From pharmacies one, private clinic, government clinic, syrup, herbal syrup to pills. U name it I've ate it. Man I don't feel very welcoming at all. Things got better when my husband reach KL weeks later. Ha ha ha batuk mengada rupanyer... Got slightly better, not healed apparently. I am still very much coughing on my back to Q8, months after that.

2 days after my husband arrived, we make our move to Terengganu for my sis in law's wedding. The last wedding ever hosted in my husband's side so it is rather grand and meaningful. Since we reached slightly late, around 2 days before the wedding, therefore, there's not much we can help in terms of preparation for the wedding hence I suggested that we sponsored 2 gifts for dulang hantaran to make up for it. After few discussions with my sister in law via FB, it's decided that the two things will be home made chocolate and Blackberry. After decision was made, practically everything from ordering, colour theme, payments, discussions was done via email. All hail technology !

Below are chocolate Gazebo in purple-pink theme. Theme colour was picked by the bride, type of chocolate and the idea was by me, transpired gorgeously into this piece of work by LONIAVILLAGE

Pics all credit to Ainol . This is my first time working with her and I must say I am amazed by her level of creativity, her hardwork, her strive and determination to fulfill customer's request and her profesionalism. This will definitely not my last time doing business with her. To be truth, I look forward to next wedding in my family so I have reason to deal with Ainol and her team again :). Tq babe ! Much appreciated.


:: Cookies with wedding theme. Cute giler huhhh ! ::


:: Personalized chocolate wrapper for choc bar. The chocolate taste as nice as it looked I guarantee you coz I've tasted one ::


:: The ever so gorgeous gazebo ::


:: Blackberry from Q8. Since the theme is pink and purple, hence the pink blackberry ::


:: Nikah sudahhhhhh yeeehaaaa :) ::


:: My father in a dark brown baju melayu during malam nikah. My family came all the way from KL to attend this wedding. In the middle is my elder brother in law and on the very right side is my uncle ::

Below are the picture from the wedding day, both bride and groom sides. My pink batik kurung and pink tudung that day was sponsored and sewn by my mother in law because she just knew I don't have sufficient time to send mine for tailoring myself. I don't know about others but I have the most sweet, caring, sporting, super cool and motherly mother in law in the world. She treated me just like her own daughter, no such thing as daugther in law for her and rest assured I'm not saying this because she sponsored my baju and tudung. She still very much all the above even if she didn't sponsor me anything. Trust me.

Just so you know, there's no nasik minyak during wedding in Pantai Timur. Instead, for wedding here, Gulai Kawah was served with White rice, Ikan Kering, Acar darat, sambal belacan and some host may prepared ayam goreng, to cater for kids or guests that doesn't eat meat, just like me he he he.. In our majlis, we served Ayam Masak Merah instead.


:: This gulai kawah kinda grows on me. Of course I don't eat the meat, I just take the kuah. It's more than enough. Given the right combination of spicyness and sourness from sambal belacan, saltyness from ikan kering, crunchiness from acar darat, this meal has fast becoming my favourite food. 4 kali tambah pun tak perasan I tell you ::

:: My ever so pretty mother in law and super sporting father in law. My father in law is a musician. He plays almost all instruments, from guitar, drum and his specialty, keyboard, and mind you he never had any formal educations in music. He learned everything via internet and reading music books. He even owned a mini studio complete with all stuffs needed in a studio beside our home at Besut. Music is his true passion ::


:: MIL with elder sis in law. She's expecting her 5th child this July ::

:: Yours truly and Mr Sweaty Jong Kako. Jong Kako is kendarat or penanggah in Terengganu. He's supposed to wear pink baju melayu to match with my pink baju kurung but he had no chance at all to put it on since he's been running here and there helping in the kitchen area, making sure everything is smooth so baju melayu definitely not the best attire for him. Just look at the sweat lahhhh. Even his 100 % cotton T shirt failed to do the job, left alone silky wool baju melayu. Forget it lah ::


:: With our youngest auntie from my mil side. Excused my oily, pale face. I believed sister of the bride are supposed to look like that, you know to not overshadow the bride cause only bride are supposed to look exceptionally beautiful that day. It's her day after all. Other attempts to steal the limelight will be just too selfish.
Kah kah kah... even I am impressed with my attempt to cover my flaw and my oily-so lazy to touch up-damn malaysia is one hot humid country- face. Steal the limelight my foot lah hahah. Even my auntie looked glowy than I am. Duhhhh. Betul la orang cakap, there's no ugly woman, only the lazy one and sadly, I am among those lazy one. Reality bites huhhhhh ::


:: Outdoor photography session. Cilok from pengantin's FB ::

I was planning to buy the girl's dress during the 1st week in Malaysia but Allah has another planned for me. He want me to avoid spending and wasting hundreds of ringgit on a dress that most likely will be worn once a year so He send me to bedrest for the whole week. True enough, I didn't have energy at all to do anything, not even to drive, left alone shopping. Lucky for me, my mother in law called and informed that she already prepared pink and grey dress for the girls, personally sewn by her. It may not be the most grandest nor prettiest dress to your eyes, but to me it's value was more that any designer brands out there. Anyway, before she called I had already bought white dresses for them, just to be on the safe side you see.

: Ajiq, Erin, Alis and Ariel. The girls are mine, the boys are my sister's sons. They looked almost the same age because they're indeed same age. Ajiq was born 2 months after Alis and Ariel was born a month after Erin. YES, me and my sister got pregnant almost at the same time, and delivered also almost at the same time. And YES, my mom's annual leave was practically spent on taking care of us during confinement, 2 babies at one time it's almost like we had twin babies in the house 2 years in a row y' all. And also YES, I guess we drove her crazy till she enforced No more babies for the next 4 years ha ha ha ha ::


:: Seiring dan sejalan. I had people asking whether they're quadriplets :) ::


:: Majlis pihak lelaki. Theme is grey. Alis and Erin's cotton dress were sewn by my mother in law. She doesn't even message me for sizes. She just sewn it by instinct and miraculously, it fits them perfectly. She's awesome or what ? ::


:: Us with Raja Sehari. My sis in law's make up was done by me and my other sis in law due to appointed mak andam had some emergency and couldn't come. By the time we discovered about it, it's already too late to find for replacement. All we had is this 2 amateur make up artist wannabe and that's all about it. I guess my sis in law had to make do with whatever there is hence she agreed to be make over by us. Worry not coz I already warned her earlier that the most make up I put was when I'm going to pasar, supermarket and whatnot but she said she doesn't mind hahaha ::


:: The aftermath ! Not bad at all right ???? Rightttt ??? Trust me, I have no intention whatsoever to sabotage my sis in law during her wedding, I'm just lacking of skills hahaha ::

After the hard work done, we rewarded ourselves with none that other but the very infamous Satay Mastura, Jabi. Well, Jabi is my husband hometown as I put it because her grandmother lives there.

:: This is by far the juiciest, tastiest satay I've ever taste. People queueing for hours to get this satay, specially during school holiday ::


:: This is only quarter of my husband relatives. Some of them either not in the picture, some already went back to KL, some couldn't take leave and such. Under normal ciscumstances, if everyone turned up, it will be almost 100 people in this house. It took the strength of full platoon just to prepare breakfast, just imagine lunch and dinner ::

We stayed at Besut for almost 2 weeks. Even when the wedding is over, it's actually over for the bride and groom and the guests, but not for us. There's major cleaning, dismantling chairs, table spread and the accessories, cleaning, vacuuming, moping and thousands of things to be done so we stayed back to help but of course we couldn't stay any longer since Mr Muddy need to attend 3 days training at Lumut and most importantly, we need to settle family visa matters, letter of conducts and all those necessary blah which I will post about it later. For now let stay on the fun side aite..

We reached KL on Thursday and spent the whole Friday resting. On Saturday we went to Asahan Melaka for my husband's old friend wedding invitation.






:: Selamat Pengantin Baru to Khalis :) ::

After the wedding, we dropped by at my Pak Long's place at Jasin for a while, just to say hello since we're already in the area. We couldn't stay any longer and got to get going since my husband had another appointment in the evening.

Obviously that night was a Piala FA final match and guess what? It's between Kelantan VS Terengganu. Being a Terengganu born but speaking Kelantanese language due to it's border and history factor ( i was told once that Besut was originally part or Kelantan but was surrendered to Terengganu over a laga ayam bet, wallahualam ), I can't help but understand his eagerness to watch this final live from the stadium. The original plan was we will drop him by the road side near stadium and the rest of us, will go back straight to Setiawangsa. His friend will send him home after the match.

On the way to stadium, out of the blue I had this crazy idea of joining him watching the match and my parents will bring my kids home. For those who knew me will know that this being in crowded-congested-loud-hot-stuffy place was really not my thing but I dunno why I came up with the idea of tagging him along. The thought of seeing our old friends, without the kids, once in a while just like the old days makes it bearable I guess. After a few phone calls made, one of our friends managed to get one extra ticket for me despite our last minute notice. Another problem is, since I wasn't planning on going to stadium that day, I wasn't really prepared in terms of attire. All I'm wearing was this black legging with white T shirt duduk rumah that I put on after taking a quick shower at my PakLong's place. Owhh and pink tudung somemore hahah. Never mind the tudung. The whole of my clan came in red, since all of them supporting Red Warrior team and on the contrary, despite me being part of the team, I actually un-intentionally wearing black and white, which represents the opposite team's colour. Kah kah kah kah... Plus the pink tudung I'm wearing as if I tried to be neutral. Merah campur putih kan jadik pink kan.. hehehe.. Not wanting to risk his wife to be called a traitor and being thrown mineral water at, my husband willingly invested RM 45 ringgit for a shirt that cost not more that RM 20 ringgit in my opinion, just so I will fit in the crowd. He ushered me to change my white Tshirt into red one at toilet immediately. Geeezzzz I got that at times like this, the fans can be too overwhelmed by the team and sports spirit but can you not be too sensitives over a colour can arrr hahahah. It was fun anyway seeing the sea of red and white everywhere.


:: I have no idea how this Johor born woman, bred in Perak, spent the whole teenagehood at Melaka, hometown at Singapore ended up wearing "red" shirt, cheering "red" team, eating "red" food and even spoken "red" language fluently. Aishhhhh segala nya ku lakukan kerana mu Khairul Fahmi... oopppsss En Muddy .. *batting eyelashes *. I secretly believed the reason behind the presence of at least halves of the ladies in the stadium that particular night have something to do with Khairul Fahmi. I knew I'm not the only one ! I just knew it ! ::


:: Our seats ::


:: Our banner ! Allow me to do the translation for the last sentences as some of you, specially non-Tranung speaking might not understands it. Anok Ganu, Kelate Pegrho( pronounced as pear-rho) = Anak Terengganu, Kelantan Pelihara/Bela. Get it ? hehehe ::

Enough said that my water, keropok lekor and kacang kuda rebus entertained me more than the game itself. The whole nation knows by now that Terengganu won that night. We may lost but at the end of the night we had fun. It's been quite a long time eversince I got to screamed my lung out, jumped, cheered like crazy teenage girl and not having to worry about anything but my kacang kuda rebus. I'm just glad I did it.

The next day afternoon, we make a move to Lumut since my husband's training started on Monday. Since my mom tagging along in this trip, we didn't stay at hotel eventhough company did provide lodging. We just stayed at our old home in Sitiawan.

:: Helping Nenek make Blueberry Cheese Tart, of course in her own way. Her intrepretation of helping Nenek was by gobbling the cheese topping all to herself. It's a good thing my mom love to cook cause I just love to eat so we actually completed each other muahahah. My mom do take orders in small quantity so should you interested, you can message me and I'll tell her heheheh ::


:: Taraaaaaaa , taste as good as it looks ::

Spent 4 days at Lumut and once En Muddy completed his training, then we went back to KL.

Selingan sedikit, I was doing editing work and watermarking on all my recent photos and the same time, reading Utusan online when a picture in Utusan caught my attention. Take a look at both photo below..



Photo number 1


Photo Number 2 ( photo credit to Utusan online)

See anything similar? Clue : Tudung.








Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...

Ko berani feeling selebriti ngaku tudung ko sama dengan tudung Sheila Rusly?????? Mokcik berani !


Anyhoo, we have another 2 weeks left, which means we need to settle our family visa ( which deserved post of it's own ), packing our stuffs, visiting and meeting up as many friends and relatives as we can and spend time with our family *sob sob sob *

The day finally arrived.

Date : 25th June 2011
Time : 3 am
Venue : KLIA
Occasion : The departure day

It’s all said and done, it’s real, and it’s been fun. It's time to part again, only this time will be the longest by far. According to plan, we won't be returning to Malaysia at least for another year, which makes this good bye the hardest one. However, as the saying goes "We only part to meet again" it feels bearable. We changed hugs and kisses but we didn't really say good byes. I remembered saying to my parents, my parents in law and sisters to take care of them selves, stay healthy and I'll see you again next year, but not a single good bye. It's better be left unsaid I guess.


:: From left to right - my elder sis in law, my beloved mom, my
mom in law, my youngest sis in law and myself. My elder sister can't make it to the airport because her son had to go to school the next day ::


:: Me and my baby sister. Am going to miss her so freaking much ::


:: Me and my papito. Huhuhu miss him and my mom already ::

Besides feeling sad and sappy that morning, I also feeling rather nervous especially during the parts when our luggages and boxes were weighted. Bad news is, we had 21 kg excess baggage, as expected and after I did a little math exercise in my head with the help of my handphone calculator, we will need to have to pay around RM 1600 +/-. I don't even dare to look at my husband face hahahah. Anyway, as what always happen in a movie, good news always follows after the bad news. So the good news is we didn't have to pay a single penny and I have no idea why. The crew that checked us in didn't asked us to pay and we didn't ask either hahaha. Thank you Allah. I'm having a good feeling already :).

We had a smooth flight. Kids sleeping soundly all the way from Malaysia to Q8 and so do I. It feels like only an hour but the moments I opened my eyes, the stewardess was in the midst of serving the last meal which means we have only 1 hour left prior to landing.Clearly, I am that tired.

We landed at 5.00 am Q8 time but it's already soooo bright. Immediately took our cab and headed home.


:: Our ride home. The driver placed my 1 year worth of food rations on top of his cab. Of course he tied it with some cable but my oh my, it doesn't look convincing to me at all, and ohhhh he was speeding and taking sharp corners like nobody business. I can't help but praying for my ikan bilis, cili kering, ikan kering and whatnot safety. Despite having aches from top to toe, rest assured I'll definitely give him my ultimatum should anything happen to my boxes. May Allah bless them and keep them safe and sound till we reach ::

My body felts as if it was separated into 2 partition already by the time we reached home. Having had to scrub my 2 toilets, vacuumed the whole house, mopped and wiped all surfaces due to sand storms changed me from exhausted and stressed to beyond trauma. Finished all the job by 11 am and I felt like 50 year old and actually looked like one. A quick shower and longgggg payback sleep was the only things I ever needed now. Owhh I could used to some food too heheh.

As a closing.... as usual a post will never complete without photo of my 2 munchkins. Since we're having summer season now and summer is significant with flowers, I'm proudly present my summer girls....









Tataaaaaaaaaa... C U when I C U...

Wsalam.





































You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images