Menyambut Ramadhan Al-Mubarak 2011

In my opinion, there's no better way to embrace arrival of Ramadhan other than sadaqah to which we were gladly hosted a small majlis mey...

In my opinion, there's no better way to embrace arrival of Ramadhan other than sadaqah to which we were gladly hosted a small majlis meyambut Ramadhan yesterday. We decided to invite my husband's colleagues and friends from "bujang" group. Owhhh they're definitely married. It just that some of them came work here under single packages while others were temporarily wife-less due to long summer break. Due to my hopelessly lacking in culinary skills, no assistant and limited space, I can only afford to invite small amount of people this time. Hmmmmm naahhhhh ..I think it's more on my culinary skills kah kah kah...Insya allah in the near future, jika di izinkan Allah and di murahkan rezeki, I would really glad to invite another batch of guests for another majlis, berbuka puasa maybe. This time for family pulak. As the old saying goes, "Quantity does not equal quality "


:: Altogether, we had around 10 guests that day. May our guests left our home with a happy stomachs and happy thoughts, may our nawaitu was counted as good deeds by Him, Insya Allah and may our small majlis mendapat barakah ::



Since the majlis adelah kecil kecilan, maka menu pun kecil kecilan lah yer.. One thing for sure, when hosting an event like this, I would definitely chose a list of menu that I am comfortable and confident with. Simply put, I will always chose to be in a safe side. Biarlah orang kata menu tak exclusive kaaa, lauk kampung kaaaa.. kata lahhhh... There's no point being adventurous if my guests doesn't like my food. One more thing, the menus decided must complimented each other. Kena masuk "gu" orang ganu kata... For examples, if you already have ayam goreng, then it won't be suitable to be making ayam kari pulak, unless you had junior guests that day. Asam pedas and tomyam doesn't get along well. It's one or another. You sure wouldn't want to confuse your guests. Biar sederhana janji the dish completed each other. Owh one more thing, always be considerate by extend some efforts and offered some varieties. Some guests likes spicy stuff while some guests can't handle it, hence always have courtesy by preparing both type. Beverages also play crucial roles. If you're serving some hearty heavy meals, then always try to go for light drinks like syrup. And always prepare both hot drinks and cold drinks, just in case as some people doesn't drink ice or cold water. Always get to know and study your list of guests. A little extra efforts won't harm you. These is something I learned from experiences. Well, just take it as humble 2 cents from The Real Housewife of Mangaf Season 1 ! Ecehcehcehceh...

Anyhoo, this is what we had that nite...


:: Crab curry / Kari Ketam ::


:: Sup Daging for non-spicy eater. Our initial plan was Lamb Soup, my hubby's favourite. However, since Ramadhan is just around the corner, the butchers stop selling lamb by kilo. Instead, you had to buy the whole seekor lamb or setengah ekor. Setengah ekor would costs us 30 KD. Sape pulak nak makan sampai setengah ekor kambing. Lain la nak buat aqiqah hehe. So we left with either beef or camel. I never cooked camel before nor I had confidence to do so, hence we skipped camel and opted for beef eventually :) ::


:: Sambal Telur Puyoh ::


:: Ulam ulaman ::


:: Sambal belacan and cencaluk to be pair with ulam ulam ::


:: This . Is . A . Must . Have ! B U D U ... Rusuhan bakal berlaku should I decided not to serve this ha ha ha ::


:: Ikan gelama kering goreng. I also prepared kerisi goreng for those who doesn't like salty stuff or for those who had high blood pressure. From what I know, we had few different group of age that day and there's some guests that on strict diet due to health reason ::



And since I already had my hands on food topic, these are few meals I had chance to prepare for my small familia recently..


:: Nasi Kerabu+Solok Lada+Sambal Ikan+Keropok+Telur Masin ( homemade by me u'ollsss) and Ayam Celup Tepung. Did I mentioned that my kids love Nasi Biru sooooo much?? That is why my Nasi Kerabu was soooo gloriously blue hehehe.. This is my plate anyway. It never occurred to me that someday I'll be cooking this, from scratch, all by myself. I didn't even eat this meal before. I briefly remembered saying will never cooked this nor eat this. Looks like I have to eat my own medicine now. NEVER SAY NEVER ! ::


:: My husband's plate with Daging Bakar. Noticed something missing in my Nasi Kerabu set? Yessss, it is indeed nasi kerabu without "kerabu" ha ha ha ha... I cooked this by impulse so I didn't really have all the ingredients. After done cooking only I came to realized that the only green-vege like things I had in my fridge was broccoli. Dop kena make nasik kerabu denge broccoli wehhhh ! ::

Last night, En Muddy requested for no rice meal and asking for grilled prawn.



:: Spicy Grilled Prawn. Before picture. Just soak your prawn in olive oil, sprinkled freshly ground black pepper, generous amount of coarse salt, cayenne pepper powder or you can put almost anything you like. Sky is the limit my friends ! ::



:: Since I am way too lazy to take out my electric griller, I oven baked them. I would prefer if my prawns have slightly burnt-grilled effects but this will do also lahhhh. Pemalas lipas betoll ::



:: Cheese Garlic Prawn, also oven baked. Another easy meals that need less than 20 minutes to prepare. Devein your jumbo prawns, cleansed, butterfly them all. Then sprinkled some salt on it. Use your cooking brush to brushed up butter on the flesh. Skip the salt if you're using salted butter. Brush another layer of garlic paste or if you dun have one, just finely chopped fresh garlic and sprinkled. If you're somehow related to vampire and eating garlic could hurt u, skipped this part yeahh.. Cheese comes next. I opted for mozzarella and cheddar combined and off they went into oven. Use medium temperature 1st to melt the cheese, then you can increase the temperature to get the burned golden-brownish effects ::






:: Sinfully, cheesy and yummy. You can never go wrong with prawn and cheese, can you ? ::

Ramadhan Kareem peeps !

You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images