Final stage.

This is sequel from THIS ... We received a call from Mustaza informing that our civil id is ready for collection. Anyhow, you can just check...

This is sequel from THIS...

We received a call from Mustaza informing that our civil id is ready for collection. Anyhow, you can just check online from Public Authority of Civil Information's (PACI ) official website about your current application status. If your civil id ready then you'll also be provided with number of machine where you need to obtain your civil id. The website is very well maintained, pretty straight forward, got English and Arabic version and very easy to navigate too. They even uploaded Utube clip on how to use the vending machine. It got all features I ever needed in a website. What's there not to like ?



:: That's how civil ID look like. You may find Utube clip on the right side bottom bar in the website ::

Important note : PACI office located at Saalam, south Surra. It is the only civil ID office available in the country and no matter where you stay, this is going to be the sole place where you can collect your civil ID. For that reason, it is always full to the brim. They open from Sun - Thursday. For the first timer, you need to come within the office hour to register.

By far, this is the most hi-tech system I've ever experienced in Q8. Not only it is hi-tech, it was very user friendly and very accommodating. The whole process took less than 5 minutes and that's what I called convenient !

Since there's guard everywhere watching and monitoring us ( okkkayyy statement perasan, actually they had to monitor everybody, not only us. That's what they were paid to do what so no offense yea Mr Security ) with their hawk-eye's attitude, I knew that I couldn't get to take any picture in PACI too. However, my hubby understood that his blogger wannabe wife always find a post without picture least attractive, so he took his chances by taking below spy pictures. Arghhhh life is so much more easier with him around. You can never count on me for taking spy pics okayy. Tak kira la dekat government offices ke, kat boutique ker, kat pasar ker and whatnot. I'll have guilty looks plastered all over my face even before taking any picture, just imagine my expression after taken one. I remembered attempted to take mixer photo for my mom at local supermarket here and my oh my I sweat profusely like marathoner who just done her 10 km run and kept looking around hence, I passed. I could easily get caught just because of my silly suspicious expression.

As this is our first time here, we need to go inside the office. The security officer by the main door there will give you ticket with number once you showed him your passport. You just need to wait until your number being called. At the counter, you will be given a temporary card to be insert inside the vending machine outside. In my case, since we're paying Mandouk aka Mustaza for our civil ID process, he did almost everything for us. All I need just show my face, collect my ticket number and seated. He said "Okay U wait here madame" and so I waited. When my number was called, he got up and collected our card, while I am still seating comfortably. Once settled, he came to me and said, " Madame come follow me madame " and being a good madame, I obeyed. As I said, I just needed to show my face. Heheheh life is so much more fun when Mustaza is around. Well not so much fun for my hubby's pocket though. Anyway, if you're just doing renewal for you civil id, you can skip this process, instead just go straight to the machine and insert your old civil id to get your renewed one, of course after your paperwork is done. If you forget to check online for your machine number, do not worry because the officer by the counter can provide you with the info.

My civil id and hubby's was in machine number 21, Alis's in machine number 3 while Erin's in machine number 9. Although hubby's already got his civil ID earlier, the address used was not entirely correct hence he need to get it change to match with our rental lease.

It's very simple process even 5 year old can do. Just insert the little temp card, wait for the machine to read, process and allocate your civil id. You will be asked to insert KD 2 so make sure you have sufficient small change. Once you paid, your civil id will be dropped inside the box for you to retrieved. As easy as ABC, you know exactly the same process when you're buying pepsi or paying parking ticket at shopping complex.


:: Meet Mustaza in cap and blue striped shirt. He did the queuing and all the "hard job" while us just waiting nearby. For once dapat la merasa jadik Kuw@iti kejap, where you got someone did just about anything for you hehe. Syiokkk jugak ::



:: The area for civil ID collection. Owhh hiiiii Incik Security ! I think you guys can roughly imagined how hard for my husband to take this spy shot based from this pic angle. He'd pretended to read sms or tend to his phone and then snap whenever he can. Sampai termasuk perut perut skali hehhee.. I lappp u la Mr Hubby :) ::



:: The machine. As can be seen, there's few slots there. For temp card, for money and then for your civil ID. The blue little screen on top will indicate what was currently happening, and instructed what you need to do next ::

For those who might wondering or for those whom might interested to use him, Mustaza charged us KD 60 ( RM 600 +/-) for his service, include all. This charges vary depends on the case and mandoup I believed. It's true that some of the process was easy enough to do by ourselves specifically the end process aka the collection and maybe to some of you, forking RM 600 for something you can do on your own is pure waste. However, in my opinion and to my defense, I've had our reason. A few of 'em all.

We've been enduring a year and half for this, plus in this soaring summer season, being car-less, and the fact that it's almost Ramadhan ( there will be a changes in working hours during Ramadhan for government offices, malls and even restaurants, basically to halves and you may getting your paperworks halted). Therefore, we just need things to be settled as smooth, as convenient and as fast as possible without any delay, thus mandoup service is a godsent.




S E L E S A I .................................................




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images