Ayat Ayat Erin

Tajuk adalah taknak kalah, ala ala Ayat Ayat Cinta. I've been updating about Alis and kinda neglecting Erin's milestones lately...


Tajuk adalah taknak kalah, ala ala Ayat Ayat Cinta.

I've been updating about Alis and kinda neglecting Erin's milestones lately. Not intentional though as with Erin, short updates just won't do. I had so many things to say yet dunno where to start. Let's begin with her milestones then. Major ones indeed. If I were about to list every single achievements she made, some of you might thought that you are mistakenly reading a biography instead of a blog post.

First thing first, she had "graduated" from my potty training class successfully around end of last year. Right now she's undergoing Istinjak class to which she was being great at it. As of today, I can rely on her already to cleaned herself after taking pee, without supervised. However, I still need to clean her after poo poo while teaching her how to do it. Still no confident to let her do it by herself just yet, but she's getting closer. She'll get there soon enough.

I also had started her writing practiced since she need to be able to recognized as minimum as ABC, numbers and colors to get enroll in school next year. So far, alhamdullilah, the progress is promising despite her short attention span's problem. She also started on Iqra' lesson for few months by now and have had reached Da as we speaks.

Character wise, she had becoming more matured, for a 3 years old. She just don't belong to her age. She's also quite dependent if compared to Alis. Up until now, Alis would still want me to rub her back, sings her lullaby, or tell bedtime stories during bedtime, but Erin won't. She just need me to hug her, cuddle her in order to get her into the mood, and as soon as she dozed off, I am practically useless ha ha ha ha... Truth be told, I was having a good mood last night so I've decided to sing them " Tidurlah Wahai Permaisuri" then continued with "Dzikir Taubat" while tucking them to bed. Alis was very pleased with my singing and dzikir but Erin doesn't feel the same. She basically cut me off and said ......



" Diam lah mummy.. Shhhhh Shhhhhh dah dah tido jer, tido jer.... "


Can arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?????

* pride hurts *

My husband definitely had a good laugh about it but I don't feel like laughing. Pfffffttttt !

I must have done wrongdoings to my mum when I was small for I deserved this from my kid. Maaaaaa, ampunkan angah maaaaaa.... muahahhahaa


:: A pain in the neck but definitely the lights to my life ::

Another obvious milestones worth mentioning was how she was a chatterbox nowadays. Not that she was a quiet baby before but at least before she doesn't demand us to hear her all the time. As we know it, Alis are going to start schooling soon so ever since, I started talking with her in English at home, so she get used of it. Not just particular words anymore, but full sentences. Erin was all hyped about this too and decided to follow suits. Oh my, you should hear her speaks in English. My husband and me constantly having cheek cramps from trying so hard not to laugh. Good thing about her, she was not one to give up, a very confident girl and persistent in forcing us to listen to her.

Lately, she was into English so much that she would speaking in it, in toilet, at home, at people's home, at supermarket, at retail outlet, in the mosque and practically everywhere. It's cute, I admit that. It just that to her, sometimes word STOP never really exist and she would talk and talk and talk to the points of annoying. We had to firmly asked her to stops sometimes, specially at public places to avoid her disturbing other people. True enough she couldn't be bothered by all the stares, but I do. People might resorted to think that we're from Germ@n or something due to Erin's bizarre slang. She even speaks English in sleeps, I once caught her mengigau uttering NO! NO! NO!... Kemain, omputeh sangat ko ek dikkkkk....

She still have saki baki of her pelat-ness and that was part of her charm I must say. I was called to talk about her creative way of thinking because as I always mentioned before, she's definitely something else. Sometimes I knew she had her mind of her own from the way she asked and the questions she tend to asked. Let just say she's often surprised us with her questions.

Last night.. during our routine "interrogations", she started asking me things...


Ms Chatterbox : Mummy, dinding cakap English aper?
Mummy : Wall..
Ms Chatterbox : Kalau lantaiiiii ?
Mummy : Ermm floor !
Ms Chatterbox : Lampu ?
Mummy : Lamp boleh, light pun boley...

And she kept going on and on and on. She probably had every households in her list. Then she stops for a while looking for idea to ask. I knew it ! She will never let me had it easy, this girl. Somehow, someway she'll find a way to trick me..

Ms Chatterbox : Mummy mummy... bantal ape cakap English ?
Mummy : Pillow !
Ms Chatterbox : Hmmmm kalau sarung bantal??
Mummy : Pillow case.. haaaa ape lagi nak tanyer? takde idea lah tuhhh..
Ms Chatterbox : Errrmmmmm bantal busuk cakap English ape mummy?
Mummy : Haaaaaaahhhhhh ???? Erkkk.. stinky pillow kot.. ????????

You're allowed to laugh now.... Please do so.. sila kan .. sila kan..

Ms Chatterbox : Haaahhh, speaker cakap English ape mummy ?
Mummy : * recovering and protecting mummy's pride mode * Speaker tu cakap English lah.. Bahasa melayu de errr errrr errr pembesar suara, eh bukan tu microphone.. Come on brain, snap out of it and give me answer, RIGHT NOW.... * pride's crashing to 1000 tiny pieces * .. Eh dik, dah malam laaaaa.. Jom tidor !

Did she know when to stop ? Clearly she don't !

Ms Chatterbox : Ermmm kalau kaki speaker ape mummy cakap English eh?
Mummy : Speaker stands !
Ms Chatterbox : Kalau speaker punye tali nih mummy?
Mummy : Cable ! De panggil cable dik, bukan tali okayyy ?

Mummy smells victory now... * doing chicken dance *

Ms Chatterbox : Mummyyyy... Ermm kalau DORA cakap speaker dalam English mcm mana eh Mummy ?


Mummy with 40 degree C temperature : Alis .. Erin.. masuk tidor sekarang. Mummy kira sampai tiga, sapa tak masuk bilik tido luar.... SAAAA tuuuuuuu.... DUUUUUU aaaaaa.... TIIIIIII.....

Within a second, off they went, running like their life depends on it into bedroom....

Ha ha ha ha... You may be clever, you may think you're all grown up, but naaahhhhhhh you can never win over mummy just yet.

I love Erin so very much, I do. Nevertheless, the moment she brought up DORA thingy, she's up for sale. You can have her for 10 KD kah kah kah.

Kids these days, it's true that they're source of our happiness, they're our joy, they meant the world to us and I would take a bullet for them, but in the split seconds they're also capable of raising my blood pressure so high, even a mount of salt will be put to shame.


:: Your laughter are my best medicine ::

On more fun note and as a closing, here are few pelat's words from Erin that still remained with her. There words never failed to drew smile to my face, and I hope it will do the same to yours.


~ Mummy, adik nak pensil kaler BELABU ( kelabu/grey) tuh ..


~ Mummy tak kawan adik, adik nak TEBAJUK (merajuk/sulk) lahhh..


~ Kak, amikkan adik LUTUP tu.. Yang tuhhh laaaaa yang jatuh tuhhh... Alis : Aper dia? Kakak tak paham laa.... LUTUP air adik ni laaaahhhh... Alis : Owhhhh penutup !


~ Papa, panas laaaa, mana adik punye MATA CERMIN ( cermin mata/sunglass) ?

~ Kakakkkkkk, bukak kan adik LU TIOPPPPP.. (mummy & kakak both ternganga).. Alaaaaa LU TIOPPP tuh, cuba tengok mulut adik ni... LUUUUU TTIIIOOPPPP !! yang adik tengok Barbie tuh...

Mummy & Alis : Owhhhhhh YOUTUBEEEEE!!!!!


~ Mummy, nanti belikan adik mainan kat SUSSENNN Centre ehh ( Sultan Centre )


~ Adik nak pakai baju YAM tu, bukan baju YAM niiiih... ( Yam = Yang/that )


~ Mummy, kita tak pergi SEMAJID ( masjid/mosque) eh ari ni?


With that, I am wishing everyone Happy Eidul Fitri . May you had a blessed and wonderful one. Not to forget, Maaf Zahir Batin for any wrongdoings be it my actions or my words, intentional or un-intentional.





You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images