My lil' D.I.Y project

B efore get started, please be informed that sewing was definitely not one of my forte, so please please please be nice and cut me some ...



Before get started, please be informed that sewing was definitely not one of my forte, so please please please be nice and cut me some slack. Okay ?

Ever since I became stay at home mum, I've been searching for some activity that can sort of fill up my free time. During my "working mum" phase, I never had a chance to do so many things I had in mind therefore I was thinking, maybe I can do it now since my kids are all grown up and much much easier to handle compared to before. The thing is, being in Q8, choices are pretty limited. Plus I can't really drive here since I had no license, not to mentioned I had no car to begin with hahaha... So basically the list of activity that I can do got narrower and narrower.

This is where my lil project idea came to me.

You see, I had pretty wide imaginations and ideas in me. Even En Muddy used to say I was like National Geographic channel, his personal Nation@al Geographic channel because just about when he thought he knew everything, he saw everything, I will surprised him with my thoughts and idea. Just like NatGeo... Just when you think you know everything, they'll show you something weirder, bizarre and eye opening stuff.

Yeah yeah I know I know... comparing his wife to NatGeo Channel... Soooooo Veeeerrryyyyy romantic ! *wink wink wink*

I used to had this ideas coming pouring in my thoughts, it could be about how I want to decorate my home, renovating my kitchen or the kids room, or arranging bouquet of flower of my own and whatnot. Unfortunately most of the time , the ideas remained in my thoughts, I slept on it and soon be forgotten till next idea came.

Anyway, I've been seeing people pimp-ing their own clothes, or tudung by putting beads themselves since it was undoubtedly, cheaper option because some shop charged double triple pay for beading works and it's way much cheaper if you do it yourself. Talking about self-satisfaction too... I wish I could do it too, I mean pimp-ing my own clothes or tudung, without destroying it but I just don't have the courage, and the time.

I've have always fancy small cute-unique stuffs and been collecting them if I saw them anywhere, and also if I had the budget for it. Anyway, I've been collecting cute buttons for quite sometimes. Who knows someday I might need it and get to used it. It turned out that "someday" was few days ago.

Since this was my pioneer project, and could be the last kah kah kah, I chose my girls's baju kurung to begin with. Their baju kurung for last Eidul Adha. Baby steps yeah kawan kawan...



:: Picture from last year Eid Adha ::


As you can see, it was just a plain baju kurung. No beads, no sulam whatsoever and this perasan genius mummy thought that maybe, just maybe their baju kurung needs a little more touch. Just to add some girly feelings to an otherwise plain baju kurung. Owh and also, so that mummy can feeling-feeling kewl like Martha Stewart :)....

So here are end result to my I Pimped My Kids's Baju Kurung project... Hopefully I didn't do much damage ....



:: Erin's . If I can put this button on my baju, I would .. takut En Muddy refused to take me out jek ::


:: Alis's ::


:: Alis's ::



:: Bahagian lengan, kita letak love love sikit utk menambah kan ciri ciri gedik ::



:: Knitted flower untuk menambahkan kemanisan konon konon nyer ::


:: Recycled polka- bow from my cousin's wedding favor hahaha.. It's too cute I just had no heart to throw it away, thus recycled it. Wise decision I think cause it's really fit to the baju kurung's theme. That pink ribbon underneath it was sewn by my mother in law. I asked for her favor last time we went back to just sewn it straight on the bottom of their baju kurung since she had sewing machine ::


Don't remember the bow I'm talking about? Let me refresh your mind .....




:: Photo credit to my cousin's Raodah. Did the polka dot bow looked familiar ? I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere ha ha ha ha ::



:: Another small bow on lengan side ::



:: Simple beading work ::


Erin like it.

Alis love it.

My husband approved it.

I can't be any happier that I am already is.



Sekian sahaja rancangan kita ari ini. Kite berjumpa lagi on another D.I.Y project pada hari dan waktu yang sama ...


You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images