Happy Eid

For 2 years in a row, I celebrated Eidul Fitri in Q8, but this year was my first celebrating Eidul Adha here. Last year I had my Eid at Lumu...

For 2 years in a row, I celebrated Eidul Fitri in Q8, but this year was my first celebrating Eidul Adha here. Last year I had my Eid at Lumut with my family, while my hubby was in Q8, working on the particular Eid day. Honestly, I don't really mind the location much as long as I have my loved ones by my side on the holy occasions. Even though I couldn't have the complete clan, I must say, having all the lovely and highly spirited people accompanying around me during this festive day was not bad at all.


As many other Malaysians around the world, I wouldn't wanna miss the opportunity to celebrate this year Eid at embassy. To make it sweeter, there'll be gotong royong korban at embassy and we're among those who were given the opportunity and extra rezeki to perform our korban this year, the more reason for me not to miss the embassy event this time.

What's an event without a food? So let's start with the list of sinfully delicious spread we had on the Eid morning. This year, with guidance and idea from Datin Azlinda, gotong royong is our theme. Since the main menu decided was Nasi Tomato, the menu was distributed evenly among us mommies to prepare personally at home and bring to embassy that morning to be assemble. To name a few, Datin decided to took charge of Nasi Tomato, so others can choose other menu from the list. There's varieties of suggested menu from nasi impit, jelatah, ayam masak merah, dalca, kuah lodeh to hot and cold beverages. I chose to prepare kuah kacang. Others can bring other type of food that wasn't in the main list like desserts and whatnot. A very good arrangement I reckon since it can avoid duplicate menus, high volume of wasted food as in everything had been decided beforehand and honestly, you can feel the spirit of muafakat much much more, this way.

We arrived embassy at 8.30 am just in time for solat sunat Eidul Adha. Hubby came back from night shift pagi raya tu, arrived home at 7.45 am, took quick shower and off we go.


While waiting for him getting ready and to kill time, I managed to captured few photo of the kids and morning Eid view from my kitchen window. There's one meat shop just across my building which were a quite well-known spot for those who wanted to make korban during Eid. So normally, 2 days before Eid, the customers started sending their animals of their choice to the shop and will be slaughtered publicly in the clearing beside my building.


:: They're, however NOT part of the korban :) ::


:: These fellas were ! ::





:: Sheeps and it's owners. Unlike Malaysia where people normally choose cow as korban, sheeps and goats are more famous here besides camel. ::



After prayer, we proceeded to Multipurpose hall to have our Eid feast, meeting the rest of Malaysian, bersalaman dan bermaaf-maafan.


:: On our way to multi purpose hall. Excused Alis's moody-not-so-eager-to-be-photograph-unlike-her-usual-self pose. She was not feeling well, she had high fever from last two days to be exact ::


:: Nasi Tomato and friends ::

:: Some of the potlucks by other fellow generous malaysian. We even have lemang! Semua pun ade, mak bapak je takde :) ::


And some photo kenang kenangan with friends..


:: With ever so friendly and super great cook, Kak Sham. This photo credit to her facebook ::


:: My sweet neighbour AYU and Kak Imah. Do check Ayu's blog. She had so many nice things posted and shared there :) ::


:: Ila, Wawa, Ati & Fatin ::


:: Ladies in black. Me with my good friend and also another super cook, Ayu ::



After makan makan, we move outside the hall because the korban ceremony was about to start. Including mine, we had 5 sheeps altogether this year. Humble yet promising. Rumors has it, we're going to have camel next year. Ohhh am so looking forward to it. Everything from sembelih part, to the melapah part was done gotong royong way, participated by all Malaysian there. Despite personal differences, backgrounds, job title and place of origin, we're united into one that day. It's definitely a true good feeling.


:: Bismillah hirrahmanirrahim. 3 down, 2 to go ::



:: Transported to melapah side ::

:: Waiting to exhale eh... waiting patiently for turn untuk di siang. Not like she had any other place to go he he .. Okay tak kelakar ! ::





:: Since mommies had took charge of the cooking section, the melapah job was outsourced to all the big boys. Everyone came prepared with knives, besens, tikar and baju basahan as were reminded earlier by the committee ::


:: Besides getting to witnessed the korban processes from A-Z, the kids indeed the happiest group that day. Running and playing their heart out. Since it's already winter here, we don't get to see a bunch of sweaty and messy kids. In fact, my kids doesn't sweat at all and remained fresh till the end of the day. One of many reason I like winter ::




:: Just so you know, this is lemon tree found in the embassys' compound. I didn't know until today ( Eid day) hahaha. I've passed this tree everytime I went to embassy but all this while I thought it was some un-important, planted with no reason wild fruit tree. Thanks to Kak Muna for sharing with me. The guys plucked all those lemons at the end of the day, using it to wash their hands and to get rid of the sheep-y smells after melapah ::


:: Us! Kak Mala, Ija, Ayu, Kak Sham, Erin and me ::



May this…
Eid bring fun
Eid bring happiness
Eid bring God endless blessings
Eid bring fresh love



Have a dashing Eid peeps !
































You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images