iSick and iKids !

Salam everyone .. Hope all is well.. As for me, I wasn't in my pinkest of health lately. Been down almost 4 days due to fever. The fever...


Salam everyone .. Hope all is well..

As for me, I wasn't in my pinkest of health lately. Been down almost 4 days due to fever. The fever started with mild attack and endurable muscle pain, and gone after I consumed few dosages of Panadol only to come back with more violent and massive attack. The last 4 days to me was by far, among the most tormenting moments I've ever experienced. Being someone who wasn't particularly a health conscious, flu-cold-coughing and fever was nothing new to me, but the fever I had few days back was definitely something else. My system was totally shutting down. I thought i had gone bonkers. I couldn't even get up from bed nor had any energy even lifted my hand was a chores. I get up from bed only for pray, took medicine, food and toilet. The rest of my day was spent shivering under the blanket, writhing endlessly and snapped at every moving/living things. I've consumed almost all over the counter medication I probably had, nurofen, panadol extra, panadol tak extra, panadol for muscle pain dan adik beradik nyer, but it just not working for me this time.

Unlike other people who usually lost appetites while being sick, I normally don't. Trust me, before this even when I had spiking fever, running nose that would put waterfalls to shame or coughing like mad, I usually eat like normal, as if I wasn't sick. My father used to tease me

" Demam aper macam ni, makan dua pinggan jugak ayah tengok"

Ha ha ha ha ha.

However this time, I lost 2 kilos in 4 days, exactly explained why the word tormenting were chose. It's as if I've grown a garden of thorny bush inside my throat, any input going through it, be it solid or liquid will put me in such agony I rather starve than having that pain again. I think I finally learned what hempedu tastes like and how kain buruk feels like, in these past 4 days. It's all bitter. Even plain water tasted bitter and when nasi goreng cili padi also tasted bitter instead of spicy, this is when I just knew I had to go to hospital.

Long story cut short, I was immediately given 1 jab of I-dun-know-what-is-it-for after my temperature taken, were forced to take 1 panadol there and then, and instructed to do blood test. 2 tubes of blood was drawn out of my vein and result came out 1/2 hour later with few alarming markings. One of it was high infection in blood so as normal I was prescribed with antibiotics ( strong one I must say), body pains medication, cough syrup and fever tablet.

Alhamdullilah despite few minor side effects from the antibotics like dizzyness, upset stomach and loya, I am all better now. I should be back, kicking and running in no time I promise :).

My girls on the other hand, was all fine. They had their shares of fever episodes a weeks earlier and alhamdullilah, the fever was not repeating. My husband was working on 3 night shifts in a row when I was sick so basically after he left for work at 6pm, my kids kinda had to take care of themselves since their mummy was malfunctioned. All I could do was lying near by them, monitoring and staring at them playing with each other until they fell asleep by themselves. I had to say that they both are indeed a great, independent and angelic kids. Knowing that I wasn't healthy, they just minding their own things and doesn't even bother me. They even poured their own milk into cups before bed, changing their pajamas and taking cereal when they feel like having it, all by themselves. They cared so much up to the point of fighting of whose gonna help mummy when mummy ask for anything. Mostly I'd asked for their help to take water or blanket. To solved this, I had to assigned each tasks specifically by calling one name each time I needed help so anyone whom name wasn't get called up that time, will be call for next task. Alis even remembered to charge my hand phone before going to bed. How thoughtful ! Masya Allah I was blessed for having them. I am one proud mummy!

You have no idea how guilty I felt towards my kids for being sick, but I am back to realizing that being sick, getting better and even death are not in my hand to decide. It's up to Him for He knew better. He knows best. All I could to is pray to be given back my health, and for all my sins to be forgiven and also for my kids doesn't get hurt or do anything reckless during this period.


I snapped below pictures to remind me of my proudest moments...



:: The double chin lil' diva fell asleep beside kakak. Strangers always mistaken them as twins now that Erin was almost the same size as Alis, only shorter by couple of inch I think, despite their 2 years differences. This kid can really eat I tell you ::


:: Landed at lala land ::


:: Tertido while Utubing. Gadgets could sometimes work with us or against us. This time around I would have to agree with the earlier. At least, it helped to lullaby my kids to sleep when I can't ::



:: My lil' helping hands kepenatan. Siap berdengkur bagai ::



Last night, as I was resting in my living room, something caught my attention. It's more on what Erin did caught my attention so I slowly picked up my camera, point and shoot before she realized my intention and stop whatever she's doing.



****WARNING***** DISTURBING IMAGES BELOW. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!










:: What's possibly could she be doing??? She can't be sleeping ! ::


:: Siap menyabung nih. Amboii asyik nampak makcik! ::


Sooooooooo I tiptoed and captured below picture..


:: Can you see that she's practically "perosok" kan kepala der into that small pointy space? Just to watch Utube on iPhone? I don't understand what was the reason that lead her to this bizzare position. Not like anyone will take the phone away from her. The only person that would already deep in her sleep and she's aware of that. My oh my ! ::



:: Just by looking at her position, I knew that this wasn't the most comfortable position to be watching anything from a screen that small, yet she stays like this for good 5-10 minutes, siap menyanyi nyanyi kah kah kah. Did I tell you before she's funny like that sometimes ? She's unpredictable, expressive and weird in a good way. Whatever la dik, janji bahagia :) ::


The first wealth is health, Ralph Waldo Emerson quoted. It's nothing but true so do take a really good care of yourself. And don't forget to pray a lot :).



You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images