There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

and I did have a lot to thankful for every day, every moment... I've been experiencing an eye-opening, self awakening occasions as of la...

and I did have a lot to thankful for every day, every moment...


I've been experiencing an eye-opening, self awakening occasions as of late to which leads me to a whole new perspective and new direction in life. At the age of 32, I learned to be grateful and thankful, and stops worrying about things that doesn't matter. I finally learned that there are calmness to a life lived in gratitude, indeed a quiet joy. I also realized now that when I started counting my blessing, my whole life turned and how saying Alhamdullilah with most sincere heart and redha to everything that's been happening to me, good or bad, makes me a much much better person.

Just a simple alhamdulillah can turn denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity, meal into feast, house into home and foe into friend.

So thank you Allah for the memories of yesterday, peace of today and greater vision for tomorrow. Alhamdullilah.. One door closes today, another always open, Insya Allah.

Anyway, case in point... below are another things I am thankful for recently.

I received an sms from my husband asking me to check my email few days back. When I did, I found out that it was an official result of shooting event few posts away. Sincerely, when we was there, I didn't know it was some kind of tournament to begin with. I thought it was just for fun. Anyhow, as you can see from the snapshot below, Alhamdullilah I got 1st place for ladies category ( **pat self in the back**). There's nothing to be boast about as in other ladies are also very good and skillful, it just that luck was on my side that day.





"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."

--John Wooden

After read the email, of course I am happy and happy was pretty much about it. I didn't expect anything anymore. Knowing that I did quite okay in my first attempt ever was pretty rewarding and satisfying enough for me.

However, last night, upon entering our home from his morning shift, my husband handed me an envelope with my name on it. I swear I actually thought someone send me Eid Adha card ha ha ha. Mana lah tau kan. It turned out, that the envelope contained gifts from the shooting tournament as mentioned above.



It was a KD 10 gift voucher from Sultan Centre ( phewwwww lepas duit pasar minggu nih ) and some cash money. It wasn't much to begin with, but alhamdulillah nonetheless. My husband swore it wasn't him who wrote the A & R initial on one of the money when I asked him. A & R? Azura and Razmady perhaps? Sweet coincidence eh. I looked at it as the money was meant for me :)..

William Blake once said, the thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest. You may think that this is petty but I really like to think above present as my harvest.

No, it is indeed my harvest !



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images