Rojak SingaGanu

I felt like eating rojak mamak since few days back so I've decided to make a batch today for lunch. When it comes to rojak, most people ...


I felt like eating rojak mamak since few days back so I've decided to make a batch today for lunch. When it comes to rojak, most people will have Penang's passembor in their thoughts. On the contrary, I would be reminded of Rojak Mamak at Tampines. It's so sinfully delicious I would make an effort to get my rojak Tampines fix the moment I arrived Singapore, without failed. Even my husband became addictive to it. If you happened to be in Singapore, please please please try it out. It's located in the hawker center next to Tampiness Mall. You won't regret it, trust me. You just have to try it for yourself to believe.

My husband on the other hand, had rojak ayam in his mind the moment I mentioned about making rojak that day. It's a Terengganu version of rojak, eaten with fried chicken and mee. To sums up, we don't have mee and fried chicken in my type of rojak mamak while Tganu version of rojak ayam doesn't have kentang rebus, if I'm not mistaken. Since both version are basically a type of rojak with only few differences in terms of the side dishes it came with, I've decided to combined both version, Singapore and Terengganu into one dish, named Rojak SingaGanu heheh...







:: Best pulak main label label ni ::



:: My husband's portion. Lempung was from korban recently ::



:: With the gravy ::



Eversince Eid, my freezer was practically stuffed with daging korban given by neighbours (alhamdullilah) and also ours, I had to come up with a lot of meat dishes lately, just for the sake to clear my fridge. I'm not much of an adventurous cook when it comes to meat since I don't take meat myself so I made a point to stick to the menu I am confident with. Mostly it'll be masak kicap, daging bakar, sup daging or sambal. Anyhow since there are overflow of meat supply recently hehe, I decided to tried another menu. I saw one recipe I really like, easy enough for me and my cooking skill, during blogwalking and decided to give it a try. It's called Daging Bumbu Bali. Alhamdulillah my husband loves it and since the RECIPE used only cili hidup, it's indeed a meal fit for the whole family ( except me definitely). My personal opinion, if you don't mind having to cook another meal for your kids, this menu will be very nice if you added some cili padi altogether with cili hidup as per the recipe. I've already make a point to try this menu out soon, meat will be substitute with chicken, and with additional cili padi, of course :)


:: Tested (by me) and tasted ( by hubby). Very nice to be eaten with steaming hot white rice ::

You Might Also Like

3 thoughts

Flickr Images