Day 2 - Evening

|MEETING TERGEMPAR| Kak Ema given us 2 choices of where we wanna have our dinner for last day. It's either at The Valley or The Indische...

|MEETING TERGEMPAR|

Kak Ema given us 2 choices of where we wanna have our dinner for last day. It's either at The Valley or The Indischetafel. One tough choice to make as I look at it.

The Valley offered most scenic Bandung night view provided it's not raining. We're promised a breathtaking scenery lookout all over Bandung. In other hand, The Indischetafel offers more classical feeling as the Interior design has full touch of antique-unique-posh-elegant type of props. Sangat cantek ! Our camera just doesn't do any justice to this beauty gigantic bungalow turned restaurant.

Meeting pun di jalankan dgn kehadiran ahli ahli persatuan. I preferred The Valley as it suits my taste more. My mum and my father chose to be Switzerland. Neutral! As another 2 councils are minor so their opinion is not counted at all. kah kah kah.. Left Acu, the most cerewet tribe council I must say. She raised her concern about how many juta rupiahs she still have with her. In short, she's not done shopping just yet and not up for beautiful scenery so as always yang tua kene mengalah kan. Dush Dush ! The tribe has spoken !

I asked Kak Ema if it's possible for us to drop at any factory outlet on the way to restaurant. In returned, she told us that there's one nice FO named EST located opposite The Indischetafel. In fact, if we were about to have our dinner there, we will have to park our van at EST parking. There u go Dik, answer to your prayer. So The Indischetafel it is la.. Tak yah penin penin nk fikir.

All I can say, we made a right choice though as EST turned out to be a very nice FO. Rugi tak pergi awal awal. By the time we here, I have only left few hundred thousand rupiah with me to spend. The rest was kept aside for airport tax or excess baggage huuhuhu. Still, it doesn't stop me to buy few stuff here. I got a very cool shoes from Gymboree for both Alis and Erin. My father himself grabbed few shirts here and my sis seems pretty happy with EST. Unlike any other FO before where she came out with sour faces, this time she was running here and there, in and out fitting room and managed to clear her remaining rupiahs in no time. Like i said to my tour guide when he asked me whether my sis happy with this FO or not, " Bapak, kali ni udah jumpa yang cocok" hahaha...

My father gave us 1/2 hour to waste here and in a blink our time is up. We then proceeded to our dinner place just across the street.

|THE INDISCHETAFEL|




-our dining room-


-view from room entrance-

It certainly gives us different yet nice feeling. It's definitely not a typical indo Rumah Makan I've been to so far. The target customer also different compared to other places. Here, we can see more foreigners, and definitely u can see few locals but of course from those high rank officers or businessman/woman. The menu offers varieties of local and western cuisine. The decorations mostly from old antique collections. Old antique iron, old antique fan as be be seen in our dining room, antique type writer, antique sewing machine.. Super classical it feels like we were morphed into 70's.. Kudos to the Interior Designer team. They also have a wide collections of kartu mancis (matches cover) and framed it. We thought it was a stem at 1st glance. Classy !

My father opted for western style with his Iga Rib Steak (Beef rib's steak), my mum and me both decided to try Roti Asin with eggs( there's other option though to accompany ur roti like kedjoe, salmon or chic salami) , my sis with Roti Manis with Srikaya and i picked Nasi Goreng Kampung with chicken marinated satay wrapped on lemongrass stick for Alis and Erin.

Our Roti Asin was fine. My mum complained a bit about the level of saltiness... hahaha x nak masin tp order roti Asin , duuuhhhh ! It came with omelette, mustard, salad with few beef slices as side dishes. I dun eat red meat so the beef slices eventually became garnishing to my kids nasi goreng. My sis Roti Manis pulak have a similarity with Kaya toast bread from Oldtown Kopitiam we had in Malaysia. Alis and Erin's Nasik Goreng Kampung also nice. Above par ! The chic satay wrapped around lemongrass stick was nicely done. Marinated well and juicy. No pic of the food though. We're like a bunch of barbarian.






-mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most camwhore of us all? -

Kak Ema came in between our dinner excusing themself and informed that she will wait for us at Lobby tomorrow morning for checkout. Bapak X and Kak Dini in another hand bid farewell as both them may not be able to send us to airport tomorrow due to another work commitment.

Around 9 pm local time, we called our day off. Nk kene kemas utk checkout esok and and most important of all, kepala lutut sume dh ketar. Exhausted tahap gaban. Dh tua buat cara tua hhhaha..

Next ... Selamat Tinggal Bandung...

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images