Story of us.... Winter version

1st thing 1st.. I had few expectations during my journey and upon reaching home after almost 2 months in Malaysia. 1 ) my house wil be all d...

1st thing 1st..

I had few expectations during my journey and upon reaching home after almost 2 months in Malaysia.

1 ) my house wil be all dusty, non-vacuumed and in a mess

- It turned out that Mr Hubby did vacuumed the house once (jadiklahh) and the condition isn't as bad as I expected it to be. Moral of the story is.. Think positive and all your nagging and hours of babbling finally paid off.

2) there'll be a pile of clothes equivalent to Mount Kinabalu awaiting for me.

- all clothes were folded and well organized in laundry basket. However, he broke all the rules ever exist in cloth folding book. Some were too big, some were too small, shirts were folded backward and some other few things, hence I need to re-fold it all over again. Fullmarks on the goodwill and initiative, 50% on executions. However, despite the many lacking in the end product, I felt very grateful by all means since he did it without being told to. Quite an improvement and for that, he totally deserved a paragraph in this post :).

3) in flight services in Gulf Air ( Meal and others)

- despite one fact that we had to transit for 2 hours in Bahrain after long tiring hours, i had no other complaints. The cabin crew are all friendly, efficient and prompt. Food was okay and they even offered child meal, unlike Kuwait Airways.




Cute isn't it ???

They even come to our seat after the kids done with their meal with basket full of variety of chocolate, sweets, candies and such. Their in flight movies are also with actually working hearing device.




Happy jolly toddlers..happy kids makes a happy parents. You won't see me all smiling if the situation were otherwise..

During my time with Kuwait Airways, all i could here was buzzing sound coming out from their ear piece while watching movies as a result of a very low quality/lack of maintenance device. Potong mood tul. Their staffs were un- friendly and it is very hard to see them smiling. My suspicion is maybe this behaviour related to the fact that most of passenger in economy was maid travelling back to Indonesia since their Kuwait Airways last destination was Jakarta. In fact, 90 % of economy class passenger that time were maids hence the poor service. I bet it was all different scenario in business and first class. This attitude need to be change totally. We're too, a paying customer eventhough we didn't pay as much as those who seated in middle and behind cockpit. Sighhhh....

On another un-important note, I noticed a slightly change in me. Not that big changes though but it's worth to mentioned.

I always love perfumes and I love people who do smells good, hence perfume is a must in my accesories. It felt as if something were missing if I forgot to wear perfumes when I go out. Smelling the perfume scent somehow gave me peacefull feeling. However, nowadays, perfumes, any kind of em, failed to give me the same effects it does to me before. Instead, Kitchen cleaner did !!! To be exact, Dettol kitchen and bathroom disinfectant spray and also Jiff Actifizz. Kahkahkah.. Owhh specific for Dettol for Q8 market only... I dunno why but I bought exactly the same one from Giant Puchong recently and it smelled like pee to me... Like seriously..

As weird as it may sound, everytime I sprayed those two, I felt soothing kindoff feeling. As if I'm at my happy place. I would at times sprayed it with no purpose simply because I love the smell sooooo much. Too much in fact. Maybe some of you would think that this is some kind of addiction, u know like addiction to the smell of glue, fresh paint and petrol. Well you maybe right and you maybe wrong. To me, in theory, maybe the fact that I am now domestic goddess finally hit me. That's the most logical explanation i can come up with.

Let's move on to more exciting bits..

As all of you may know, currently it is winter here. Yeayyyy... I always knew winter is a season for me. Not because I am cold proof or something. In fact, it is proven that my body had very low tolerance against extreme weather, both hot and cold.. Like for now, I need my socks more than I need anything else and I'm in a situation where you can find me saying I HATE YOU to my cold floor kahkahkah. I'm saying winter is a season for me simply because this is the only season where i get to play dress up on my girls. For info, both my girls sweats easily, like a lottttt, hence any type of clothes thicker than cotton shirts with sleeves longer than their elbow is never an ideal wardrobe. What's with constantly 30-32 degree malaysian weather. They even wear sleeveless during bedtime and mind you, my house was air-conditioned. Sighhh...So, with temperature as lowest as 6 degree at night and 16 degree during the day, you should understand why I love winter hahahahah. It fits perfectly in "gelenyar" part in me :)....

Since we reach Q8, we didn't get any chance to go out just yet due to my husband's work commitment. Few days ago was my husband day off so we make ammends to the kids by taking them out to Avenues. Afterall we need to get few stuffs such as winter coats for kids and me. We didn't bought in in Malaysia due to lack of choices and it's higher price.


Alis and Erin's coat from Bhs, The Avenues. After hours and hours going back and forth from one shop to another and after a lot of arghh-that-one-cute-too-i-want-emm-all moments, we finally decided on this one. Mine was from Debenhams and you'll get to see it when I wear it, someday :). Ellehh macam la ade orang heran nk tgk coat dier hahahaha...




Iklan kejap. I saw a picture worth to be posted here while browsing the photo folder. Above picture was taken in Bahrain airport during our 2 hours transit last week. To kill the time, we take the kids to candy store where they found this gigantic Chuppa Chup. How big is too big??? We didn't buy this one though coz I can't risk having my girls lost all their baby tooth before they reach 5 years old.




Girls with beruang kutub higher than me and definitely heavier.. Erin normally have things with furry stuff but it seems that this bear doesn't bother her much. Maybe due to the fact that the bear was frozen in time.




Seeeeee.. The bear and his friends whom taller than my husband. He looked petite standing next to them heheheh. Location : Baroe, The Avenues.

Back to Avenues story, once we're done with our shopping, we headed outside to grab our ride home. There'll be a lot of taxi and "prebet sapu" waiting and hovering outside looking for customer so getting one really isn't a problem. Just pick one driver according to your liking in terms of budget and you' re off to go. Anyway, that day, we pick a young Bangladeshi driver whom offered lowest rate, 3 KD.

While headed to our taxi, we saw this baby parked by the roadside. Hummer limo!!! How often you get to see this beautiful shining pimp my ride kinda vehicle 5 metre from you, so peeps what would you do????


Yesss... U took picture with it. To avoid being scolded or get shouted by the owner or driver( sebenarnye nak cover jangan nampak jakun sangat wakakaka), we keep a distance a little bit. Besides us, there's few more people taking photo with this limo and the driver doesn't seems to mind about it. It is very posh and elegant I tell you. I wouldn't mind trade it with my current apartment hahahahah...


Little story on our cab driver that day. When I saw him, i has this thing in my mind. Abeslah, confirm kereta de jenis tak berjaga and I would definitely be beristighfar ( and swearing too ) in my hearts all the way back because based in my not so long experience riding with Q8 driver specially the young type, they drive like a drunk driver and most of them doesn't have much patience in their soul. Bismillah hirrahman nirrahim...

My oh my I was wrong. It turned out that he was driving almost new Toyota Camry. The interior was very clean and his driving skill deserved a compliments specially from a weak heart like me. He's quite a polite boy and he requested if we can blue toothed him any song from Malaysia. Since Mr hubby using Iphoe and he use Nokia, my phone was the only phone compatible. As embarassing as it can be, my phone doesn't really have malay song hahahaha. Malu kannnnn ??? There's only 2 malay song in my phone which is Aizat-I Go ( it's not even in Malay, duhhh ) and song track from movie Kayangan by Tengku Mimi and Ajai. I dun think slow track song suits Khan taste. At that moment, I actually saying this to myself, dammmmm why I never download any of Faizal Tahir song or at least new song Jgn Pandang Pandang by Suhaimi Meor Hassan kahkahkah. Given no choice, my husband bluetoothed him Cari Jodoh by Wali Band. The only reason the song was in my phone was because it is Alis and Erin favorite song.. Well at least the song was in Malay :).. I think Khan kinda like the song maybe coz the rhythm resemblance Bollywood song, not??

BABY IMAN ....

Taking this opportunity, i would like to congrats again Ayu and Izham on their new arrival. Handsome arrival indeed. Presenting new member of our small family in Kuwait... Muhammad Iman.. May you grow up to be righteous Muslim and caliph.





This is us walking from Ayu's house heading to Sultan Centre for shawama hahah. During summer, this short journey are definitely impossible. Another reason why I like winter more. It saved our cab money. For this walking distance, it could easily cost us 250 fils -500 fils.. Around RM 3-RM 6.. Price to pay for living above soil rich with oil..

We had another outing on last Friday to Farwaniya and Souq Jumma or famously known as Friday market. For those who had been following my blog earlier, I did one post on my trip to Friday Market during summer. A very unpleasant trip indeed. This is my 1st time visiting Souq Jumma during winter and suffice to say, it is easier and more fun. The weather is pleasant and beautiful. Kids are cheerful and crankyless. That's all I'm asking.

There are a lot of people specially locals as expected. We manage to get new curtains cause it's about time and few more stuffs which I would tell about it in next post insya allah.

Below are some sneak peak of what you can find in Souq Jumma. We didn't snap all obviously. I asked my hubby to snap only few stuff that I find interesting. I am busy holding foods for the girls. If during summer all they would ask was water and more water. During winter, all they care was food. We need to always topup our food supply. Kids need more food, their corn is finishing, go buy more corn...buy more food is all I can think of hahahaha.



Screw driver anyone ???? How would they expect people to recognise which one is philip in this mountain of hardware???




Nuff said, mak bapak jek yakde jual kat sini. The rest of that insya allah can be found in here. Just name it, they got it. No joke !! You'd even find some stuff that never come to your mind sell here.




Behind me was chandelier booth. All kind of chandelier. Naik silau mata ku.




Gambar yang takde tujuan.. Saje saje gelenyar.. Seeeee, all erin care about was her corn.

This morning, we went to AlKout Mall and AlManshar Mall( sebelah menyebelah je pun heheh).. Main reason is to get Wataniya broadband for my husband friend yang baru sampai dr Malaysia. He boarded same flight with us the other day. Since he's new and not so familiar with Q8 yet, so my husband offered to help him to buy the broadband starter pack for him.

The weather were not so cold with sun shining bright hence I just put long sleeves checkered shirt paired with jeans for the girls. Owhh and their boots hehehe.. Gedik tul tgk anak anak dara nih melaram dgn boot. I bought at Salmiya City Centre the other day. Such a steal cost it cost me only 6 KD each.. Makcik sukeerrr...






















Anak kemain dengan boots bagai, omak pakai strappy sandal jek. Kesiannnn !!!




I wanted to take the photo of the flower to be truth coz it is very rare to see colourful flora in Q8. Along the process, 2 kids were tortured to stand in the scorching sun and they doesn't agree with the idea explaining the non- cooperative pose. Alis quickly ran away to the shade nearby. Such a spoilt brat tauuu.. Walhal silau jek, cuaca sejuk jek. Ngadoooo...




Tengok tuh, Alis cepat cepat carik tempat teduh. Lefft Erin to pose for mummy. You can see me in the shadow snapping the un-willingly model with flower. Finally nampak pun bunga heheheheh..




Kalau dalam bangunan, takpayah suruh pun...




Erin doing some maintenance check on the umbrella. Sediakan payung sebelum hujan!!




For time being, everytime i said smileeeee.. Erin would come up with this pout. Nak kata seksi pun idak lerrr.. Mana de belajar ntah..





Owhhhh ini adelah new arrival di mana mana electric shop here now. Ungun api konon konon nama der hahaha. This particular one look like cabinet so konon konon cam kite ade ungun api la dlm rumah.. Chimney jek takde.. I guess decoration in conjunction of winter and Xmas.. The one I saw in Alghanim comes in frame-like. Mostly kat Malaysia, the frame comes in waterfall image. Ala yang bile kite pasang suis de, the water falling looks alive and real, as if ade air betul mengalir dlm frame tu. This time around in Kuwait, it came with ungun api images. The fire looks real enough and not to mentioned the logs. Macam kayu tengah terbakar betul2 ...Kreatip betol...

I guess that's all for now..

See you when i see you lah ekk...



You Might Also Like

4 thoughts

Flickr Images