Three Cs !

3 C means Curtain...Carpet and Coat ! All 3 stuffs we needed ( and wanted ) to survive winter. As I remembered mentioning in my 2 posts ago,...

3 C means Curtain...Carpet and Coat !

All 3 stuffs we needed ( and wanted ) to survive winter.

As I remembered mentioning in my 2 posts ago, we went to Farwaniya and Souq Juma few Fridays away to get Carpet and Curtain. It is rather cold here and I had a feeling that it's getting colder therefor we need to get carpet so that we won't get cold feet. Hahah okay bad joke.. Seriously, for those with low resistance against coldness, like me, u would want full carpeted house to survive winter as in your toe and feet will become very very dry, cracked in every edge and it's painful to walk with bad cracked heels. Believe me I'm talking base on my experience. Sure we can wear indoor slippers but at time I felt as if my feet was too stuffy having had to wear slippers all the time. Socks can help too but I'm using it mostly during sleep as I'm too lazy too keep taking it off everytime going to toilet for wudhu and nature calls.

Why am I bother explaining all this so-called reasons to u guys ek? Sukati makcik la nk beli carpet ke ape kan hhehehe..

Anyway, back to the point, we went to Farwaniya with one of our friend, Mr S, who owned a car. It is very hard to get cab from Farwaniya hence he offered to give us a ride since he also wanted to get curtains and carpet for his home as well. He once bought carpet from here and he said it's quite a steal since this place is basically functioned as hub or main store for all carpets sells in Souq Jumma. In short, all carpets in Souq Jumma came from this place. Another plus point is, he knew one shop in particular that have quality Turkish and Belgium carpets that offered lower price compared to other places.

Rezeki jangan di tolak orang tua tua kata so off we go to Farwaniya after feast ourselves with Nasik Dagang at Linda's house in conjunction of her son's birthday.

Reach there around 3 pm since most shops open only after Asar. Very common business time here in Q8. They normally close from Zohor to Asar for rest,pray and resume business back after that till quite late hours.

Nak di jadikkan cerpen, this is our catches that day..



























Sikit sikit preview cukup lah ekk.. Bak kata orang, less revealing lg seksi and mysterious.. Ehh orang kata ke sendiri yang kata nih heheh.. By the way selipar Alis tu datang dari Malaysia, bukan Q8 pun. Saje snap sekali untuk menambah sentimen seni hahahah.

Anyway, we were pretty satisfied with our purchased that day since this is considered our long term investment. Nanti after my husband's assignment here come to it's end, boley la bawak balik pakai kat Malaysia. Most importantly, you won't get this price in Malaysia. Mr S said, he bought one hand-woven Turkish carpet for his wife in Malaysia worth 60 KD ( around RM 660) and he found exactly the same piece sell at Jalan TAR with RM 4000 price tag.

As for curtains, I believe it's time for us to change to new one since we have been using it for almost a year and I believed the curtains have been there for only Allah knows how long before us. The colours already turned brownish so we decided to get new one as a spare, to be use alternately with the one provided by the management.














I bought 3 types of curtains as can be seen above. 2 types of day curtain and 1 from thick kinda fabric for summer later. The middle day curtain, the one without flower was actually for master bedroom. However, when installing them, I find it rather nice to put 2 different day curtain so it's going to be there for a while till I changed my mind.

Anyway, if you guys wondering, the thick one only cost us KD 4 for 2 pieces. Totally a steal huh since the fabric was very thick-corduroy-type .Actually the seller want KD 6 but we bargained until KD 4. It could go lower I guess but that's the best we can do heheh.. Have to admit that my bargain skill need a little touch up here and there. Getting rusty a bit. Need more practice.. Gotta shop more often lah like this.. *wink wink wink*

The floral day curtain was KD 2.5 for 2 pieces and same goes for the plain white day curtain. I also bought princess theme curtain for Alis's room ( it's actually guest room but she claimed it's hers ) but forgot to take picture of it. Will upload later aitee.. Also cost us KD 2 only. So, all in all, We spent only around KD 10 for our curtains and in trade, our home got new fresh look. Totally worth every fils.

It's going to be very very bright during summer and the heat will enter your house although your window already tinted, which is why we need thicker type of curtain. One advantage of having to go through summer 1st before winter is I knew what needed during summer so I can saved a lot by purchasing household that will functioned well on both season. 2 in 1 curtains like this is ideal because during winter you can just tied it with tassle and unhook the tassle during summer to minimised the heat. Senang bukannn...

Another example, your doors specially bathroom door will get stuck and you won't be able to close it during summer. As if they installed wrong size of door because the door will get bigger than it's frame. If you didn't know better, you will waste your money on carpenter service or worst, you'll end up buying and replacing those doors. Since my husband reached here during winter, he knew ! When I raised my concerns on the door issue, he just said, just bare having to do your nature calls with halfly opened door till winter coz ur door will fits to its designated frame by then. Hahahah.. And he's saying nothing but true. By winter, our door stucked problem solved by itself.

P/S : anyway, I made him scraped some part of the door though so it can stil be close with some force on it. I wouldn't mind pee with open door, our guests I'm more worried about( selekeh je bunyik de kann..). So for our guests and guests to be, do not worry to come to our house. You will never had to pee in public :). I give you my guarantee.

Back on track, while I'm more worried about the kids geting hot, my husband have another agenda. He needs thick curtain to protect his home theathre set from the heat since our tv corner was placed near window. Serampang dua mata lah kire nye. One curtain mission with 2 different reasons. It's a win win situation after all. As long as everyone happy, I'm happy..














Some soft touch bak kata Eric Leong. Bought from Home Centre Point kerana ianye santekkkk dan agak murah.. Hubby however disagree with any idea of putting flower in home since he said the kids will end up play with it. So far, the flower doesn't interest them much and I'm happy to say that it was left untouched from the moments I placed it there. Phewwwww else no more flower for me..













Curtain tasle from Daiso. It came with so many animal figurine. This one, if you haven't figured it yet, is duck with it's eggs. There's elephant and friends and also cat chasing a ball. Soooo cute and I think different from the rest of the tasle I saw in the market. Most importantly, cheap too. Only cost me 600 fils ( RM 6 ).. Those who knows me well would knew that I'm sucker for unique and cheap stuffs. It got to be unique and it got to be cheap. No other way hahahah... Since it's too cute and too cheap,I bought em' all. I had most animal in the animal kingdom as my curtain tassle. Happyyyy !!!













Sebab die cantik, kite letak gamba zoomed die. Can act as an EyeMo too since Q8 is lacking of green.

Disclaimer : I bought all those stuff because I need to make my home looks like home and feels like one since 3 years is not a short period. I am not running in any competition on whose house is the prettiest contest. Believe me, there is such "contest" here and I wouldn't want any part in that crap. Count me out. I'm more concern on how many RM I got to save and bring back home rather than how much I spent beautifying my temporary home. Most importantly, I didn't have to sell my arms and both kidney in order to do that.

Footnote : Most stuffs in souq juma sangat berkonsepkan Arab. Be it their clothing line ( serious kebanyakan baju ade lah sesuai pakai untuk belly dancing ) or their fabrics and their curtains too. Kebanyakan curtain nye meriah ya amat, made of baldu and mostly ala ala curtain kat pentas sekolah, yang boley naik turun tuh. If you patience enough to dig around, you'll get something worth, modern and nice hidding somewhere. Just put up your eagle eyes and start hunting. For those who are in hurry, this maybe not the right place for you.

About Coats pulak, simple jek.. Kena la pakai coats sebab sejuk. Kata winter kan. Unless you had extra skin at home, then you are more than welcome to going out wearing sleeveless and short pants in this weather.

I believe kids punye dah posted dlm post yang lalu tapi takpe la, sbb jakun punye pasal, kite post lagi la... Kakakakaka
































































With that, I close my post dengan ucapan... Selamat membeli belah dengan berhemah..



You Might Also Like

6 thoughts

Flickr Images