Shooting !

“Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming pencils for bad spelling” – Larry the Cable Guy So very true. Last Friday, we had our usual...




“Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming pencils for bad spelling”

– Larry the Cable Guy


So very true.

Last Friday, we had our usual two weeks once company outing. The only difference this time, besides shopping, we will go to shooting range. It was scheduled and planned activity for company sports day. We already had bowling, ice skating and golf before so it's about shooting time. The location of the shooting range was at Sixth Ring Road. When were asked if I want to take part in shooting or just an audience, of course I chose the earlier one. This is something I've always wanted to do. I had some experience shooting with real gun, steyr to be precise when I was in junior college. I spent 5 years in MARA Junior Science College, Terendak Camp so within those 5 years, there's few activity organised by our college in collaboration with army where we got to participated in some army thingy and had our hands on real gun. So yeah, I've shoot one or two bullets before but this time is a whole new different level.

The shooting range complex only open at 4pm so we're basically among the few first customers. They only need some identification like Civil ID, passport or driving license for registration, then you'll be needed to fill up a form, choose the type of gun you want and you're off to go. Different gun comes with different price. For example, for 9mm with 20 bullets costs around 7 KD or so. Don't compare to bowling or anything lah because you can find bowling place in almost every mall but shooting range is very rare. To make it more rare, they uses real gun, with real bullets. You won't get this experiences easily in Malaysia unless you're an in arm forces. For a civilian to get to touch and shoot using real gun, you'll need written permission and permit from police back home. There's shooting centre in Genting but they're not using real stuff. Anyway, you can also rent a shooting lane for yourself here but you need to be a registered member first.

Our team leader aka Captain chose 9mm and riffle for us. If you're coming with kids, worry not because there are designated game for juniors too. For kids below 9 years, they had prepared special shooting room equipped with laser gun. For KD 1.5 per 10 minutes, they'll get to shoot targets like monster, animals and cartoon figure. While they're busy shooting, you can mind you own shooting too since they'll be taken care by the trained instructor. For 9 years old and above, the weapon was slightly hardcore, up by one level. They can use Air Rifle instead of laser gun and they'll be given small bullets. So basically, this place is definitely a great place for a family to hang out.

My husband was sooooo excited about this. Knowing him, he was obsessed about anything related to army, military and artillery. He knows all helicopters, airplanes and guns's name and model by first glance. Me? Well to me, short handle weapon called pistol and long type one called senapang patah hahaha. So can you imagine his reaction with all this. He was like a toddler infront of candy store, or just like me in front of a handbag boutique.


First, we will try our hand on 9mm pistol. Neither camera or handphone was allowed in the shooting range but my husband managed to took few picture secretly. Pity him, there's no picture of him because his wife was too terrified to break a law.


"No shame in shooting poorly, the only shame is looking poor shooting." A HoJo original


"Gun control is not about guns; it's about control."


You'll need to wait outside the shooting range until the instructor signaled that you may enter the range. On that day, there's three shooter going at a same time. You'll need to wear the headset to protect your ear. Even so, it was still very loud it need 2 layer of soundproof doors to filter the sound. The pistol was sooooo very damn heavy. Ya Allah I felt like my wrist are going to break into two. At first when I heard we were given 20 bullets, I went like alah sikit nyer. In between shooting, I was all about biler lahhh nak abes 20 ketul nihh my hands are shaking like crazy hahahah... It was THAT heavy ! Before going inside I was planning to do some fancy poses, you knowwwwww like some elegant pretty secret agent I've seen on TV. They always look so stylish when held a gun. Truth be told, while I'm at it, all I could think of was goshhhhhh this thing is very heavy. The pictures above served as proof that there's nothing pretty, certainly not elegant about me shooting and I was far cry from looking anything like a secret agent. Fancy pose ke mana, bullet ke mana. I was struggling to keep the pistol balanced and my hand straight enough so I won't shoot the floor, or worst, the instructor.

So how's our performance ?


:: This is my husband's chart ::



:: Mine. Despite shaking hardly, I hit 10 mark point like 3 times. I think I did okay huh? ::


Then we moved to riffle section. Now this is my type of gun. You'll be shooting while seated and they had prepared a special pillow to support you riffle weight. So you won't feel burdened because the pillow will absorb the riffle weight. All you need to do is navigate your riffle, aim your target and shoot.

:: Me & Ayu. I told my husband, should we come again, I'll stick to riffle. You can have pistol :). Unlike pistol, the target card was placed maybe 10 meters infront us. For riffle, it was more far say about 50 meters. I have difficulty to wink only my left eye. As a result, I can't see the target properly. I was in lane 7 but I kept seeing lane 8. The instructor gave me special eye wear to help my vision. It looked like a normal sporty spectacle only it's left lens is blurred. Theoretically, the spectacle did the wink job for me ::

Sadly, this time we were only given 10 bullets.


:: My husband 's chart. Looks like he slightly missed the target's heart so he decided to torture it's right side. Poor the victim. He must have really hate the target I reckon. ::



:: Mine. Only 2 words. Clean kill ! It's more humane muahahahahhaah ::



:: Shooters. Look at Alis! So vain.. ::





The conclusions, my husband might be Mr Know All when it comes to weapons, guns and whatnot but heyyyy I am indeed a better shooter :).


P/S : En Muddy... Jgn marah nnti kena tembak ..




You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images