Joyride

It has always been his dream to own a big bike since we were still a college student. But living in Malaysia, even with 2 salaries, we can...

It has always been his dream to own a big bike since we were still a college student. But living in Malaysia, even with 2 salaries, we can't afford it what's with 2 growing kids, house that is still on mortgage, 2 cars and high cost of living in KL.

It is a different story altogether here. Not to say that our earning is too much of a different because even if the figure is slightly higher, we still have car loan to pay, ongoing house loan, maintenance and other miscellaneous bill that just did not go away just because we're living abroad. However, I had to admit, we can now afford something little extra than before. We can afford travelling to places, albeit on budget and we also can afford things that I don't even dare to dream of before, Alhamdullillah. 

So, recently, my husband's dreams came true. He purchased his dream bike, albeit second hand and I am giving my full consent and bless because I knew it was from his hard earned money. He deserved it. To make it sweeter, the bike arrived exactly on his birthday.

Anyway, do take note that the cars and motors's prices here is much much cheaper from Malaysia by triple. Fuel is 0.65 cent a litre so it is possible and still considered economical even to own a 6.0 cc vehicle since you don't have to sell your kidney and both arms just to maintain it.  

Having new toy, it is natural that he was fixated to the bike. He kept going down, wiping the bike and belek every inch of it. Sighhhhh, I started to regret giving my approval ha ha ha... Anyway, one evening, he alternately took us for a short ride around our house compound. Since non of us except him own a helmet so short ride it is.

:: Erin was super-psyched and can't kept her enthusiasm to herself. She kept shouting yeayyy, wooooo, wowww along the ride ha ha ha. I can see her as papa's future riding partner in future ::

:: Alis on another hand, always the ladylike in the family so bike isn't really her genre ::


During on of his off day, he asked me if I want to join him for a ride to Nuwaiseeb and I said yes. Given my circumstances right now, there's just not possible for me to join him after August so let's take the opportunity while my butt can still fit on the passenger seat kahkahkah.. So we made our move after the girls left for school, accompanied by another biker's friend, Hairul. Helmet borrowed from Luqman as I don't have my own one yet. 



I tried few jackets and my old brown leather cropped jacket was the one hubby approved of. It's beginning of summer here so it's not chilly anymore but heck it's windy during the ride, plus for safety reason. We put every factor into deciding which jacket is better, like it had to be leather incase anything happen so it can protect my body, plus this leather jacket is the only one that makes me look little like a rider. My other jacket are more suitable to be taken to a mall than on a bike ha ha ha. 

Unfortunately, we forgot to put my before and current size into account. As a result, I couldn't even zipped the jacket no matter how hard I forced it or how hard I tried to hold my breath as there's at least an inch gap between the 2 flaps. And because it was very windy, I had to endure having my back being hit constantly by the flaps and it wasn't really a pleasant feeling. The trip however was joyful and relaxing even though I ended up with cramp and numb butt after an hour ride. Must be occupational hazard! You know from my profession as a pregnant domestic goddess *wink wink wink*

We just strolled from Mangaf heading to Nuwaiseeb and sped a bit after entering the motorway. Our main destination is Starbuck Nuwaiseeb. After enjoying a cup of ice blended coffee and a piece of croissant over light chat, we headed back to Mangaf and that's about it. It is in fact one easy ride and was not meant to be eventful.

I am hugely indebted to that helmet because a pregnant lady riding a big bike is an uncommon view here. Heck even a lady riding a big bike is rare! There fore, we did invite a number of unwanted attention from onlookers. And the full face visor did save my face, like a lot!!! If you notice, I seldom lift up my visor no matter how hot it is. I even wanted to wear the helmet inside Starbuck but the staff and my husband won't approve ha ha ha..





Anyway, rider or not, after a while, at the end of the day, a homemaker just gotta back being a home maker. We dropped by wet market to buy some groceries ha ha ha. Stylo aper pegi pasar dengan full face!!

Jom balik masak banggggggggg!!















You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images