Apam balik recipe

As salam... I received a request from a fellow reader about the recipe for Apam Balik in previous post. Usually, I won't post re...

As salam...

I received a request from a fellow reader about the recipe for Apam Balik in previous post. Usually, I won't post recipe together because firstly, most of the recipe I googled from internet or FB and by the time I posted the picture in the blog, I normally forgot the link already. And secondly, I kept most of the recipe in snap form where I just snap the screen shot and kept it in a picture form. Therefore, I am tad too lazy to rewrite the recipe back he he he.. Anyway, I managed to trace back the apam balik recipe so here they are, credit to Sambal Hijau group in FB...

To Madre, this is for you.. Happy trying :)

Apam balik...

Bahan:A

250 gr tepung gandum
50 gr susu tpng
1/2 sdt baking powder
1 sdt yis kering
3/4 soda bicbrnt
1/2 sdt garam
50 grmarjerin di cairkan
300 ml air
3 butir telor-50 gr gula( di blend)
Bahan tabur:B
jagung dlm tin
kacang tanah hancur
gula pasir

campurkan semua bahan,blend kan semua bahan A.
panaskan kuali fry pan,adonan ni boleh dapat 2 keping apam balik.
letak sedikit marjerin dlm kuali,tuang adunan....tunggu naik gelembung baru letak jagung,kacang,gula.dah masak angkat,kemudian lipat 2 sapu marjerin di atas

MY personal notes : 

My first try, I put only one senduk of batter and the texture came out crispier rather than fluffier. Fluffy yang kite mau jadik I put 2 senduk for the next batter instead and the result is as can be seen in the picture..

The process take patience because you need to use the slowest heat possible in order to get the perfect and smooth skin and since I'm using electric stove, it took longer than gas one ..

Once the batter started bubbling, you can put all bahan tabur handsomely and cover it. I think this contribute to the fluffiness too..


You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images