The Craving Story

Among many perks being pregnant is that you'll usually get what you feel like eating. Either people around you will pour all efforts t...

Among many perks being pregnant is that you'll usually get what you feel like eating. Either people around you will pour all efforts to prepare or find it for you or you yourself will use all your will to find it or even cook it yourself. My craving was not that severe which means I'd still sleep fine even if I couldn't have it but it will remained in my mind till I get a hold of it.

On separate note but still on pregnancy bit, I noticed few differences between this pregnancy compared to before...

I can't live without coffee or nescafe.

I have strong urge to have ice cream EVERYDAY!

I craved for kuih kuih kampung like nobody else. This is peculiar because I never really like kuih kuih traditional before especially the sweet and sticky type but now, I craved for bingka ubi, kuih koci, pengat pisang and whatnot..

Okay, moving on.... below are few craves of mine that I managed to prepare or get someone else to prepare for me he he he... Geez I was blessed with so many good people around me


:: Nahhh I don't crave for sandwich. This is one of my girls's lunch box, since it's already in the folder, might as well  just upload it. Egg Mayo & PBJ sandwich ::


:: Nasi Minyak Hujan Panas, Ayam Masak Merah & Acar. I saw a friend, Ija, uploaded the pic in her FB and immediately hooked. Made this a day after ::


:: Mee goreng basah ::

:: Bendi goreng cili. I purposely cut the bendi in that manners because I was particularly craving for nasi kandar and mamak food. Although, usually bendi in mamak shop was fried with turmeric and mustard seed but takperlah, dpt potong rupa macam tu pun jadi lah ::



:: My utmost favorite bun is red bean bun. I usually bought mine from The Bread Story. Unfortunately, I can't find any red bean bun here so far so I had to make them myself. This is my second try though. My first dough did not rise at all due to bad yeast. I had to seek opinion from a friend of what to do with the dough and she suggested that I made roti goreng instead. A successful Plan B indeed ::


:: 1/2 kg flour produced quite a lot after divided into small portions so I made a few types of bread. This one is cheese bun ::

:: Sausage bun for the girls. Excused my so ugly shape bun. I am so un-talented in this department ::


:: My red bean bun yeayyyyy.. I don't know how to make the one like at Bread Story so let's stick to simpler  style to be safe ::

:: End result. Not that bad ehhh ?? Therefore I declared my bun project a success *kibas rambut*



: My neighbor was not well so I helped to baby sit her 3 kids since she need to go to clinic. So all in all, I got 5 kids in the house, 2 of them was sick as well. Chaotic! I was running from living hall to kitchen, monitoring them and tending to the bun at the same time. Explained the gigantic size of the bun. It will be nicer and more appealing should the bun in smaller size  reckon. Nonetheless, looks can be deceiving heheh... It tasted alright after all ::



:: Mine.. oh chentaaa ::


:: I saw picture of kuih koci pulut hitam during my usual blogwalking and can't keep the image out of my head since. The problem is I don't know how to make one and don't dare to try. My crave reached one of my closest friend, Kak Ida during our usual chat and one morning, she sent me this. Only Allah can repay her kindness ::


:: I finished 10 pieces in one seating I swear. Nuff said! ::



:: I was yearning for my mom's asam pedas ikan pari but I don't have both, neither my mom nor ikan pari here! How larrr? Actually they do have ikan pari, seasonal but it was different type from the one we had in Malaysia. Ikan pari sini rasa macam ber gas sikit.. Ermm macam rotten pun ye ha ha ha.. Isk tak reti lah explain. Gassy is the closest term I could come up with. So I substitude it with Ikan Kerisi. Extra bendi! ::



:: On the same day, I made this also because I feeling like eating both. Therefore I cooked both konon2 yg tak pedas version is for the girls lahhh... Pindang Ikan Kerisi with bendi ::




:: Kerisi goreng garing.. Not craving for this tapi saje je letak ::



And lastly, Kurma Telor with Kentang...  


You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images