Lil artist vs lil clown

Alis Nadeera and Erin Safiyya.. Both were coming from the same womb, different by only 2 years apart but their personalities are like ...

Alis Nadeera and Erin Safiyya..

Both were coming from the same womb, different by only 2 years apart but their personalities are like sky and earth. Alis is more reserved, shy and passive especially at her current age while Erin is active, cheerful and bubbly. I just can't wait for number 3's arrival to see which sister's she will resemble. Ahhhh yes, I haven't spill the bean yet haven't I? We're expecting another princess in August. Lovely.. My husband will soon have another lady to spoil, another all-about-pinky phase all over again he he he...

Anyway, not that I meant to compare because it is occurred to me that percaturan Allah is very fair, indeed He is  the wisest and best planner. He made Alis looked exactly like me but having my husband's personality more while Erin's with my husband's face while having character of mine. You know, kepohhh kecohh liddat ha ha ha.. It kept the balance in the family.. If things got too serious, Erin is there to spark things up and while things got too noisy beyond control, Alis is always there to spread the calmness.. They made a good team, working the same way hubby and me worked things up regardless our differences. Sort of.. Well, nothing different from how any other families out there functioning, I liked to believe so.

Out of many differences I've yet to noticed, I realized two very obvious, crystal clear things between those two that separate them far apart. One is the way of thinking and another one is their interest. 

Alis is sooo into arts and she's very good at it. I'm not pretty sure though where she got that artistic trait, probably from my father because my he likes drawing and can draw quite well. She even representing her class in art contest recently. Nothing attract her more than drawings, paintings and such and that's how she spent most of her free time lately, drawing and painting or making anything artsy. Erin on the other hand, loves anything related to music and entertainment, without a doubt, she got it from my father in law.

As how their hobby and interest were different, so did their way of thinking. Alis is usually logical, by the rules and books on most time, observant and predictable. Erin is opposite of all the above. She is spontaneous, does things always her way without a care in the world and surprised us most of the times. 

Let me show you in pictures form on how they can be similar yet sooo different... 

P/s : I'm not boasting or anything here. Mak bapak memang akan nampak anak sendiri pandai and cute kann regardless of what... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So please take this post as light reading and a mere sharing between parents or feel free to judge. Not that I care much :)


:: My eldest ::


:: This is common view during every free time, be it after school or during weekends. She always have 'project' on hands. School related or not. If she doesn't have any art homework she will assigned herself her own project. She loves to makes present for us, her teachers and friends herself. Some of the outcome she came out with is really amazing and way beyond my simple minded imagination. My only wish these days is to dedicate a corner and turn it into her proper little art workshop, complete with drawing easel, suitable table, papers and art supplies, everything she need so she can pour her ideas better. May we can make it realize soon, Insya Allah ::

:: This is what she's been working on in above pictures. She usually draw a 2D photo but it seems that 2D is too ordinary for her liking. Therefore she decided to went up another notch by producing 3D flowers instead. She asked me how to make a flower stands a day before and I uncooperative-ly told her that she need a sponge for that matters and we need to get it from flower shop bla bla bla. The next day, she came up with this idea, all by herself !! Gosh I felt like one bad mummyyy :( ::


:: Amazing isn't it? She even made the grass stands ! ::

:: Back view ::


:: Came back from school at the end of the weeks, on Thursday to be exact, and said she need to submit a solar system in any form by next Sunday. We decided to make a poster so I googled a solar system image and picked the one we liked most, and easiest, to my opinion. When I was just about to do the thinking on how we should execute the poster, you know what material we need to use, she already started cutting mineral water boxes!! And as can be seen, the final product of Alis's solar system. All I did was helping with touch up and some simple writing. The one with liquid paper on the black background part coz she can't handled the liquid paper very well. The one using black marker was done by herself. Quite impressive isn't it?  for a 6 years old ! ::

:: This portrait was done by her quite sometime ago but I don't think I ever posted it here. My first self portrait ever, from my eldest point of view ::

:: She learnt about farm at school at one time, came back and immediately working on this picture. I failed to detect dari mana de kutil bunga matahari tuh! ::

:: Drew this within 5 minutes before sleep and presented it as a little gift to her class teacher the next day ::


Recently, they learned about plant at school and a story book that related to plant is Jack and The Bean Stalk. They have been discussing about the story the whole week and they were even requested to bring a pot of plant to school to which they will have to water it everyday and watch it grows. Apart from all that, they also encouraged to bring something related to Jack and the Bean Stalk to share with their class mates by end of the week. Honestly, if it was me, I will just asked my parents to buy me a story book then but clearly, I wasn't Alis. She decided to made her own story book. What she did was, she searched the story from youtube via iPad and copied it line to line, words to words.. For once, I am really grateful that we got her iPad and iPod caused it's finally served it's purpose.












 



Below are compilation of some of her latest works that I managed to captured.. The theme this time is flower and trust me, she drew each and everyone of it free handed! No tekap tekap involved. If you find it hard to believe, trust me I even made her swear that she did it free hand-ly, and not copied from somewhere else ha ha ha. I even asked her to do it all over again and she did just as the previous picture before my eyes so okaylah mummy believe you, now go draw somemore kahkahkah..












Moving on, this is my Erin Safiyya, the youngest, until August Insya Allah. Drawing is not her thing so I don't have any drawings to show you. Her charm is in another department...




Alis kept a journal nowadays. It is actually a task by her teacher. They were encouraged to jot down their daily activities so that they can practice on their spellings, grammar and vocab.


:: This is one of Alis's daily activities. Sorry la eh malas nak rotate. Some wrong spellings here and there. Even mummy doing her work pun masuk diary ni ape cerita? Ni diary untuk cikgu ke report nak anta ke papa? ::



And this is Erin's attempt to copy Alis's journal. She asked me to spell word by word as she wrote it. 

1) We are playing - so far so good.. 

2) Her original sentence she wish to write : We are already skype with Papa and Nenek!.. Hurmm let see, We ade extra E, E in Are looked more like C, Y in Already terpisah jauh ke bawah nampak nyer and Nenek is missing a K. She blamed in on not enough space. That's right dik, memangggggg buku yang salah. I asked her to read out again what she just wrote, and she read it like this. 

We Are Already Skype Razmady and Nenek!! 

-__-

"Betul la tuh! Papa kan memang nama Razmady", she answered when I asked her why she read Papa as Razmady.. I am utterly defenseless and speechless. 

Ikut suke mu la dikkkk....

Another example on how different their way of thinking that led to their actions..

They were given the same sheets, the same set of crayons and the same instructions but how come the result is tad too different???









See see see see.... Alis managed to get almost all the words right while Erin's, ermmmmmmmm says who we have to always follow the rules?

If you don't get what she was trying to do, let me help you. Instead of searching for the words as the rule goes, she decided to connect the same letters. Easier that way what?? Ha ha ha...

Last but not least, succumbed to her role as soon-to-be big sis of two, Alis decided to take charge. If you must know, the girls have started sleeping permanently in their own room for the past 2 weeks alhamdullilah and Alis have started to perform solat starting from her 7th birthday, albeit inconsistent. It's okay as I liked her to take things in her own pace. 

Own room hence own rules. I found this note selotape-d on the wall while tidying their room. 












Obviously all 8 rules were meant for both of them but apparently, Erin 's one and only contribution is Rules Number Six. 

Can't agree more.. Her forte, definitely her forte!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... Good one Kakak but guess what? Now I have to teach Alis that sarcasm is not a very good value!

Nonetheless, I had a good laugh :)











You Might Also Like

3 thoughts

Flickr Images