Satisfyingly Seafood-y experiences

[ FISH MARKET ] Apart from thousand and thousand ( exaggeration involved here ) of middle eastern cuisine's diner, they're also oth...

[ FISH MARKET ]


Apart from thousand and thousand ( exaggeration involved here) of middle eastern cuisine's diner, they're also other type of restaurants like Japanese food, Thailand authentic cuisine, Indonesian, Lebanese, Indian, French, Mexican and many more can be found in Q8. It's another way of saying that younger generation of Kuwaitis nowadays are more likely open minded and their willingness to let changes and modernization into Q8 are very relieving. As we can see lately, there's more and more international brands and food chain flooding in and having their outlet/branches open here. For an instant, it is indeed welcoming and good changes for everyone especially expats since eating Qubs and Beriyani all year long can be tad too mental-tiring and boring.

For a seafood lover, there's no worry needed as it is no secret that local people in Kuwait love eating seafood more than anything. For a country with a reputation of having the best and freshest seafood in the GCC ( due to it's geographic location) , a short visit to local market will quickly prove that people here take seafood very very very seriously.

Back to subject, it is becoming company's tradition to organize eating out for all staffs at least once a month, or more, under company's expenses. In which, I believe the reason is to merapatkan ukhuwah and silaturrahim since eventhough they practically shared same roof at work, they dun really get to chat during office hours due to workload and such, while us mommies, it's sort of having day off from kitchen duty, get together and "melaram" time- a chances to put on something nicer that got nothing to do with apron :).

This time, our makan makan session took place at a seafood restaurant called Fish Market located at the new bank of restaurants near Mahboula seaside. Same row with Mais Al-Ghanim ( the one we had company Iftar before )I've never been here before hence I'm quite excited. My husband shared with me earlier that day of what will be having that night and all I heard was a list of things that I have no liking for such as salmon, oyster, more fish, mussels and whatnot but the moment he mentioned shrimp, more than 1 shrimp menu, I'm already a happy woman. It is not that hard to please me.. Reallyyy !!



:: My table and my neighbour, Lina aka my cab partner. En Muddy not yet arrive as he was working morning shift. I put up this pic solely because this is the 1st time I look less chubby in side angle photo. I NEVER had my photo taken from my side before this, with my cheek look kempis the way they did in this pic. So yeah, my fav photo of all deserved to be on top of the entry kah kah kah ::

:: Group photo. 2 kiddo belong to me, other 2 belong to Lina+Lim while the little chairlady belong to En Mazelan hehe. Since her table was quite congested, we invited her to join our table. Alis and Erin was already in a not very well condition explained a very moody picture of them ::

That night, the arrangement made so that 4 pax will share 1 serving. They'd be 6 course meal, chinese style. Below are what we're having that night.

Starter ~ Chef's Special Platter that comes with of mouth watering Deep fried shrimp, breaded fresh calamari rings with various dipping sauces, vegetable spring rolls and the most yummiest crab cake I've ever taste my whole life.

Appetizer ~ Chinese Hot Soup ( Got chicken with egg and tofu inside). I'm no fan of shark's fin soup but hey this one is acceptable. No hint of any fishy smell/taste.

Main Course ~ Crispy Golden Fried Harmour Filet with soy sauce and garlic gravy ( I think.. not so sure coz I didn't touch this particular dish. However to be fair, hubby and the rest said it was very tasty)

Next we have, stir fried mix vege, Jumbo tiger prawns in Chinese Sweet and Sour Sauce, white rice and another steamed fish with oyster ( not sure what kind of fish, could be siakap or kerapu, I wouldn't know. They all look pretty the same to me ) .

Beverages ~ Ice water and fruit juices of our choice

:: Event started at 7.30 pm. En Muddy arrived at 8.30 am, half way through already. Lucky him, he have a very thoughtful table-mate and bedmate that considerately kept aside some of the early batch dishes so he won't miss a thing ::

:: View from 1st floor of the restaurant ::

:: Captain and waitresses serving some of the menu ::

Dinner done at say about 9pm. I would definitely, surely come back again in future to try other menus available here. Even though, their pricing are slightly above average ( kinda expected aite? Not much different from Malaysia though in this aspect ), please keep in mind that good stuffs doesn't comes cheap. I rather pay somewhat higher price and went back smiling and dreaming of the heavenly seafood experience I had than play cheapo for something that will make me swear and regret all the way home. This place is highly recommended to anyone whom thinking of having seafood for a change and at the same time, worth every dinar's experience in Q8. I am one happy bloated customer that night and am pretty sure, I am not alone.



[ AL NOUKHAZA ]


Another makan makan session I've had opportunity to join this month was farewell party for one of our friends, En Sabri whom decided to bid farewell to Q8's clan and continue his life journey at tanah air tercinta. The place of this event was Al Noukhaza, another famous seafood place situated along the Mahboula seaside stretch, opposite Fintas Tower if you must know ( like any of you know where is the Fintas tower hahahah. It's okay, just pretend you know also can.... )

:: Final group picture. Sabri, orang yang di rai stood in the middle, in white shirt with red sleeves ::

They're having buffet style here with a boasts of "more than I ever imagine" buffet spread consists of exceptional choices of salads, freshest shrimp, hammour, salmon prepared to many different of styles to spoiled your appetite and over a dozen selection of deserts, definitely heavenly section for sweet tooths, all available for the diner for a reasonable, all-inclusive price.

I heard, they're charging us KD 10 per pax that nite and I was like Are you kidding me?By Q8's standard and by looking at the quality of the seafoods served that nite, KD 10 is definitely a steal. I also heard that supposedly we were charged KD12 but they're giving out discounted price for corporate rate. Whatever it is, thank you very much Al Nakhouza. Anyway for those intended to come, their rate will be around KD 12 per head daily and 50 % (KD 7) on Sunday ( please confirm again, I'm not too sure myself since the price could change). I know I know.. 50 % out of 12 supposed to be KD 6 rite? However my friend told me it will be KD 7, maybe plus the tax or what. Not very sure about that. Still, KD 7 is quite reasonable since the selections were seriously satisfying with lobsters and crabs and all.

:: Momentos @ the staircase. Alis-Erin-Rachel-Stella. Mangaf Block 4's princesses ::

:: My baby numero dos. The very 1st time in her 2 years of life ( hahah cam lama no kan , padahal br dua tawon ) she actually allowed me to tied her hair and miraculously doesn't be bothered by it and left the ponytail un-touched for more than 2 hours. Nampak la kemas kan? kalau tak serabot mokcik. Miracle do happen ! ::

:: My baby numero uno. Still in un-well episode so no smile for mummy's reader(s) this time. Ade hati nak letak plural tuh hahahaha ::


Reached here around 7.30 and actually break the records since we're the 1st one touch down from the whole group. 1st time sampai paling awal. Terasa begitu gelojoh sekali hahahaha. And againnnnnn, I shared cab with Lim and Lina since En Muddy, againnnnn.. working morning shift that day and will come via company van after his shift over.

We started our marathon almost immediately, right after the whole clan arrived. All I can say was all the food here were worth-tasting, provided you're no picky eater like me but still, I had a lotsssss of shrimp that day I swear I will not touch any more shrimp the whole next month. Well, at least I determined to try hehehe. Besides the buffet spread, they also serve some vege spring rolls, basket of bread and butter for each table and also.... * drum rollssssss pleaseeee *... 1 whole LOBSTER for each person. Cut into half and grilled with two different type of topping each side . Anyway since we're ( mommies) eating at kids section, the portion given are slightly smaller to avoid waste. 1 lobster for 2 kids. Nonetheless, our choice of seating is not much a problem since once the kids saw the cakes and fruits and puddings counter, lobster was the least they'd care about, leaving all those sinfully yummy lobsters un-attended.

:: Mommies of the nite. I believed they need no introduction anymore to my blog *cough- uhuk uhuk* reader *cough - uhuk uhuk * and follower ::



:: It is rather disturbing but I can't help but to find hanging shrimp on above picture very very sexy hahaha ::

:: Salad Bar, errr maybe ::

:: Winning bar of the day among adults ::

:: Winning counters among kiddos. Erin itself ate almost all of the strawberries on the pastries above and left only the crust tergolek2. Not that I never teach her any table manners okay, the strawberries are to be blame here for looking and tasting so irresistible ::

Same as Fish Market in earlier part of my entry, this one more place ( Al-Noukhaza) deserved a recommendation from me for their prompt service ( very fast in refilling empty tray), nice restaurant interior and food presentations, high quality of seafood served, the taste and variations.


As usual, En Muddy and his shift mate arrived slightly later around 8.30 pm, and decided to order extra special beverage for him to redeem his un-lucky fate of having had to work on almost every makan session. At least he was a lot luckier than Hazeem ( Yan's hubby) for co incidentally have to work nite shift ( meaning cannot join at all) almost on every makan2 session I ever recalled. Poor him.. Anyway the company are fair enough to those who're unable to join the occasion should they're on duty. They can come to the same restaurant anytime they're free, order the same menu and submit the receipt for claim purpose. Pretty fair huh ??

To end my entry today, shall I present you a so-called special drinks ordered by En Muddy which name seems to slip my mind ( actually, I never ask heheh )














:: I-dun-know-what-it's-name's cocktail. All I know the waitress came with the shaker, put soda water and shake shake shake before presenting it to him ::

Till then, C U when I C U..


You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images