Day 5 - Finale

Our final day at Sri Lanka. According to our plan, we'll be going to souvenirs shop nearby for some souvenir hunt, and then dropped by a...

Our final day at Sri Lanka. According to our plan, we'll be going to souvenirs shop nearby for some souvenir hunt, and then dropped by at Noritake Factory Outlet at Matale and straight away to airport afterwards. We were supposed to go to Noritake FO in Kandy yesterday, but as soon as we reached Kandy, it's already too late. By the time we arrived at the FO, it might have been close.

Had a breakfast at the hotel restaurant and checkout.


:: Table-served breakfast. Basket of hot bread and blue berry croissant with butter ::

:: View from our table ::


:: Sri Lanka Next Top Model. Ko brani nak pose maut cenggini siang hari kat tetengah lobby ? Tyra Banks menangis kalau tengok pose Alis nih.... ::


:: Waving good bye to Serene Garden's reception staffs ::

We were the very first customer at the souvenir shop. In fact, they don't opened yet. We need to wait for the store manager that came running to open the shop for us because De Silva told him that we had a plane to catch. Such an honor.


:: Wooden stuff's section. We didn't get much stuff here since most of the souvenirs came in a shape of their god's sculpture, or animals figurine. As a muslim, we're advised not to decorate our home with any sort of decor that came in animal or people figurine except toys ::


:: Clothing section. This is traditional sri lankan's attire ::

:: Marble and embroidery section ::

:: Saree ::

:: Cotton, silk and many types of fabrics ::


:: Handmade bags of all types ::


While we're at this shop, Chaminder called my husband and told him that he was right outside the shop. Apparently he called De Silva and checked of our whereabouts. We were supposed to drop by at his shop on our way to Airport to pickup my husband's ring but out of courtesy, he sent it to where we are and mind you, it was like 8 am in the morning I bet his shop wasn't even open yet. Not only he had it possible to made my husband ring from scratch overnight without compromising on it's quality, he even sent it personally to our hand without any extra charge. Wait! He's kind heart doesn't stops there. He even gave us 2 boxes contained 6 types of precious gemstones as souvenir.

Now, that's what I called superb customer service. I guess all rumors about good hospitality in Sri Lanka turned out to be true. When we arrived Colombo, we bought some jewelries at Colombo gem stone shop and unfortunately they need to alter my husband ring and mine to fit our finger so they need 2 days. We made a deal that they'll send it to the airport on our departure day, or we'll drop by their shop on our way to airport. Either way that will be advised later. However, when we came back from Unawatuna Beach, my husband received a phone call from Rahman, the gemstones's shop manager and informed that he sent one of his man with our stuff to our hotel. It took 4 hours to Galle from Colombo mind you. Our stuffs reached our hands at 9pm and that man doesn't even want to take tips although he sent it all the way to hotel lobby. He said it was his honor to do that for customer. Plus, he had family living in Galle so he can just stay overnight and make his way to Colombo for work the next morning. He even invited us to his home for curry treat because we mentioned that we haven't really got to taste nice curry that could blow our mind since we arrived at Sri Lanka. Anyhow, it's already late, tak senonoh plak nak pergi rumah orang malam malam semata2 nak makan curry, plus it was on very short notice we afraid we might troubled the tuan rumah so we declined his offer politely.

I am definitely blown by all of this. They might not rich but they have the heart made of gold.

:: Souvenirs from Chaminder ::

We made a move from Kandy around 8.30 am. We're supposedly could make it to Noritake FO before airport but the traffic was pretty bad by the time we reached at the junction to Matale, it's already 1130 am. Our flight was at 1.20 pm so the latest we need to check in was around 12:oo pm. My husband asked me whether I want to miss my Noritake or I want to miss my flight. It's definitely the most difficult decision I ever made ( drama gilerrr ) when I told De Silva to choose the road to airport. You can't imagine how long my sulked was and I felt like crying because Noritake FO was practically among my biggest motivation coming to Sri Lanka. Ehhh awal awal aritu kata takmau shopping, nak rileks lah bagai... hahahhaha... Alah dah sejalan kannn ape salah nye sambil menyelam sambil beli Noritake... Sure enough my reaction made De Silva felt all guilty although my reaction was meant for my husband so he called his HQ on our way to airport and his assistant told him that there's Noritake outlet at airport duty free too.. I wasn't particularly excited cause I knew the price will be higher than the one at FO and the designs will be limited too, but hey... it's better than nothing right ??

Reaching airport at 1130 and we quickly proceed to check in. The ground crew gave us some weird+confuse look when we gave her our booking number. Wanna know why?


:: Our flight itinerary. See anything weird there ? ::

If you can't see than it's okay. I'll help you.. I did mentioned in my first post if I'm not mistaken that we'll be travelling to Sri Lanka from 24the Sept - 29th Sept. Okayyyyyyy, now check again the departure date....



Apparently, my brilliant husband mistakenly insert the month so it looks like we have to stay in Sri Lanka for 1 month. I just didn't know what to say when I realized the careless mistake. My husband face turned purplish when the news knocked him. Of course I didn't scolded him since it was un-intentional. I am just glad that it was him and wasn't me who made all the booking ha ha ha ha .... To loosen up the tense, I jokingly told him, this is what happened if you took your wife request for granted. Read : Noritake. Clearly he doesn't find my joke entertaining cause he wasn't laughing.

So we have 2 option. To wait for one hour under waiting list and check in at the very last minute should any passenger doesn't turn up OR to extend our ticket to 2nd October as that's the only day where flight was available. We don't have to worry about my husband's work since he already get someone to cover for him. Of course, I voted to stay for another two days so I can go to Noritake FO but sadly my husband decided to opted for waiting list instead. After one hour waiting, the crew called us and informed that there's seats available so we could check in. Frustrated and happy at the same time. Takper lah, considered it as takde rezeki lah eh... :)

After get ourselves checked in, we headed to their departure gate and stops by at duty free since we have few minutes to spare. This is where I was caught up at Noritake Outlet in duty free. I've only realized that we're about to miss our plane when one guy whose rode in the airport indoor vehicle stopped infront the shop and asked me whether we're going to Q8. When I told him yes, he said this..

" Do you ever realized what time is it now? "

" Yes !"..

" Then why are you still here? "

" errrrrrr let me pay for this first and then I'll be ready to go "

geleng geleng geleng geleng geleng geleng kepala and basically dragged me out of the shop kah kah kah kah.... Well it's not like everyday you get dragged out from duty free shop..

We had to ride his vehicle because we definitely won't make it on foot. Anyway we survived the panic moments and soon be seated comfortably in our flight to Q8. Despite the drama, it's all end welll whatttt???

Finally we're waving goodbye to Sri Lanka soils. Thank you so much for all the great and memorable memories. We definitely had a heaps of fun and thank you for having us. We'll be returning soon...


As a closing...... below are my final catch... All the panicking and adrenaline rush moments were definitely worth it :)
































:: My sweet parting gift with Sri Lanka heh heh heh *evil laugh while looking at hubby*









You Might Also Like

1 thoughts

Flickr Images