Ayam percik.

If you guys recalled, I made ayam percik before during Ramadhan and that time, I was using recipe from Kak Hanieliza. Few days back, I had f...

If you guys recalled, I made ayam percik before during Ramadhan and that time, I was using recipe from Kak Hanieliza. Few days back, I had few pieces of this chicken leg so I've decided to make ayam percik, but using another recipe. Below recipe was taken from anjungcafe.com. Thanks a lot to the owner for sharing her lovely family recipe. The outcome was outrageously delicious. Definitely goes to my bookmark !





RESIPI :

1 ekor ayam yang agak besar (dipotong 4 dan di kelar-kelar sedikit supaya masak di dalammya dan ditoskan airnya)

In my case, I used 5 pieces of chicken legs.

Bahan A: (diblender dengan sedikit air)
3 batang serai
2 inci halia
3 biji bawang putih
4 biji bawang merah

Bahan B:
1 1/2 cawan air asam jawa pekat
7 sudu besar gula ( I just put 4 since I prefer my gravy to be less sweet )
garam secukupnya

Bahan C:
6 sudu besar cili kering yang sudah di blender (kalau tak nak pedas kurangkan sikit)
1 cawan santan pekat

Cara2nya:

Panaskan kuali dan masukkan minyak. Tumiskan bahan A sehingga agak kering dan wangi. Masukkan gula, bila agak pekat masukkan air asam jawa. Biarkan mendidih dan masukkan ayam. Kacau rata.
Tambahkan garam, biarkan ayam separuh masak baru masukkan cili kering. Bila mendidih masukkan santan pekat. Bila kuah separuh pekat, keluarkan ayam tadi kedalan bekas lain. Kacau lagi kuah percik yang tinggal sehingga pekat. Tutup api.
Sekarang bolehlah di bakar ayam tadi sambil dicurahkan sedikit kuah percik keatas ayam tadi.(Jangan dibakar terlalu lama kerana ayam tadi telah pun pun dimasak)



Bila sudah siap bolehlah dihidangkan ayam percik special bersama kuahnya.



I must say, I am much much more happy with the outcome. Please dun get me wrong. Both recipe are pretty much the same. What makes it different this time was the method I used. Previously I baked the chicken using oven hence my chicken tend to be a bit dry. This time, I used portable eletric griller, resulting to a very charcoal like burnt on the skin which is sangat laaaaaahhh sedapp compared to oven one. Owh one more thing, my gravy previously was too thick I guess. This time it's more runny and nicer in terms of the texture.

Lesson learned here was everyone can cook. All it need was a lot of practices. There's no I CAN'T, just I WON'T...

Ehh emo pulak tetiba di situh :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

You Might Also Like

3 thoughts

Flickr Images