Menjala

Not so long ago, I had this huge craving for Roti Jala, so I made one batch of it. Knowing that Alis and Erin also are a big fan of roti jal...

Not so long ago, I had this huge craving for Roti Jala, so I made one batch of it. Knowing that Alis and Erin also are a big fan of roti jala, 1 kg won't be enough plus I also decided to gave some to my neighbours, 5 families in total. It's been quite a while since last time I cook something decent worth to be share with my neighbours.

I started menjala around 4 pm and finished 2 hours after that. I've made the Chicken Curry with potato beforehand so I just have to prepare the roti jala in the afternoon.

The thing is, i'm using only one pan and knowing me, I have tendency to do things slowly and taking my own sweet time so I had prepared some entertainment to keep myself occupied while "menjala". My pan already heated, my batter ready, I then tuned in Sinar FM online capsule which had been installed in my Ipad by my husband, specially for a time like this. He's sooo genius he knew I would need this stuff some day.

And so I begin....

During first quarter hour, everything went smoothly. I'm beginning to keep up with my pace and get comfortable with my rhythm, menjala happily while singing to whatever song played on my online radio. Then I started to have back pain.. continued with cramp in my calf's muscle then my shoulder started to ache. I'm just halfway through my batter but things started to get less fun compared to the earlier stage.






Suddenly, this rounded-yellow-net stuff that I used to love doesn't fascinate me anymore...



B.O.H.R.I.N.G.G.G.G.G !!!! Blearghhhhh.....












I am in dire need to have something to cheer me up and I need it fast. It would be lovely if I could have someone to talk to. You know, to distract me from the routine so time flies fast. However those 2 little nudger doesn't have much interest to my so-called favorite topic of the day. They prefer to have chat with Barbie and Dora than me, when I needed them most.....

Huwaaaaaaaa.... my back is killing me ! Errrrr actually it's more likely my boredom that do the killing part. My back just make it worst.

Sooooo... what do I do now?





Ahaaaaaaa.... let's play alphabet with the kids. I "drew" a letter and the girls get to guess. Whoever guess correctly gets to eat the alphabet. Sounds like fun !












































Ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Do not worry of pembaziran because my girls are more than willing to eat this alphabets. They said it tasted nicer ! I have no heart to say that they're very much coming from the same batter hehe. Owhh Alis scored highest of course. Erin doesn't even get a single words right. Anyway, semangat ingin mencuba yang kite mau so she gets to eat D and E .

I would really love to do from A to Z if only time permits. However it's almost 7 and my husband will be back from work anytime and he would be looking for his dinner. Furthermore, "menjala" was such a messy job, I need to get shower and clean my stoves afterwards, hence ABC project will just have to wait for some other time. Let just be satisfied with mummy's blog name okayyyyy... It's a good kickstart I reckon :)






:: The end products equally distributed to all neighbours. Malaysian neighbours I meant. It may nothing much but keikhlasan hati yang penting hehe ::

I hope all my neighbours enjoyed it as much as I'm enjoying making it.

Insya -Allah.




You Might Also Like

2 thoughts

Flickr Images