Mee Kari@ Curry Mee with Clams & Prawns.

It has been going say about 3 weeks since we started our no-rice-for-dinner diet regime, and still counting. Although, not having to cook ...



It has been going say about 3 weeks since we started our no-rice-for-dinner diet regime, and still counting. Although, not having to cook rice with it's lauk pauk sounded and looked easy at 1st thought, I must admit that I am constantly having moments where I just didn't have any idea of what to cook and found myself staring clue-less at my fridge for good 10 minutes or so.

Last night, I cooked Curry Mee with Clams and Prawn. The origin recipe used kerang. I had the idea of cooking Curry Mee during our grocery trip recently. I think I saw something that looks like kerang, I mean the meat, without the shell. However later on, I decided that it was not kerang but clams and left the shelves. My husband on the other hand, insisted that it was kerang despite the label written on the pack was clam. I recalled him saying this.. " Saya yang makan kerang, saya tau lah. Awak tak makan kerang awak mana tau "

Okayyyy fineeee !

And so I bought 2 packs of those and decided to cook curry mee. Before that, I had to made the MEE of course since yellow mee or noodles mee was nowhere to be found. I learned to make home-made yellow mee from my neighbour Sue. It's so kind of her to share the knowledge.


Anyway below are the steps on how to make home-made mee taken during my learning session.

:: 500 gm all purpose flour + 220 ml water ( 1 tsp of kapur, 1/4 tsp of air abu, 2-3 drops yellow food colouring, 1 tsp of salt - all mixed together ) . Hand knead all the ingredients till becoming dough ::



:: The dough ::


:: Divide your dough and mould it into small small pieces like this. It will make things a lot easier . When you're done, you can then insert the dough into your pasta/mee machine ::




:: The end result ::



:: Fill a pot of water and set to boil. When the water comes to a boil, pour generous amount of oil and add your raw mee. and give it a good stir to separate the pieces. Stir occasionally to keep the mee pieces from sticking to each other or the pot. The mee is done when all of it emerged to surfaced. Wash under pipe water to shake off excess kapur and whatnot. Toss it to dry. Add few spoons of cooking oil onto the mee to keep it from sticking together ::


:: Store it in suitable container and keep it refrigerated. It can lasted up to 2 weeks ::


So, back to my curry mee story. I used this recipe .

Of course I replaced some of the stuffs based on my preferences like clams for kerang, ayam siat replaced with fried prawn and left out ingredients that I don't have like tauhu kering and sawi.


:: Bumbu for Curry Mee ::




:: Final product. If I could have some taugeh and kacang panjang would be nicer but Alhamdullilah nonetheless ::




Owhhhh and for info, that THING is indeed proven clams, not kerang. Man, I should have dare my husband to bet on it, not ? It could have been such a sweet victory for a non-kerang eater huhhh...


You Might Also Like

5 thoughts

Flickr Images