I think our roof gonna collapse on us..someday soon!

4 months here... I've been staying in 2 different apartments and visited at least 2 other different type of apartments. By saying differ...

4 months here... I've been staying in 2 different apartments and visited at least 2 other different type of apartments. By saying different, I meant the size, shape, style and finishing. However, based on my experiences, I can only came up with 2 conclusions. Conclusion number 1 is Housing and development board (HDB) in Malaysia are by far more stricter than HDB in Q8. Conclusion number 2 is contractors in Malaysia have rather tougher job than Q8's contractors and I'll tell you why.

I'll give you example :

{ See all those wires hanging and exposed outside building ? Those are internet wires, very common views here. All wiring are not supposed to be expose, and must be secured with proper bracket. Says who? }

Talking about wiring, I've seen such a worst wiring case in Malaysia but no one did wiring like here in Q8. Some of us called wiring system here, " Zaman jepun punye wiring". Take my apartment as a sample. I had my washer and dryer installed in my kitchen, as well as my electric stove, microwave, kettle, blender and toaster - with only 1 power point.

As a solution, we bought extension plugs. It lasted for about maybe a week before we got power trip and the plug was burnt. So we requested for electric technician to come and make new power point for us so the power get separated and distributed into two, make it less heavy for one point. brilliant isn't it ? Not likely...

They came and granted our request. Life's goes on like normal for quite sometimes, then husband kept complaining I burnt my food often, coz he smelled burnt smells even from the hall. Of course none of my cook was burnt, so we've ran checked to all our wires and so far no burnt sign. I blamed it on low quality periuk the house management gave me hahaha. I felt clever already.

One night, all of us was in master bedroom, I had my washer running and suddenly, black out. We had power trip. It turned out that the main power point had burnt to ashes. Lucky us, at least we had power trip to warn us. Our neighbour, had the power point burnt with sparks and fire but the washer still running. Magic ehh, scary nonetheless. Unfortunately, each Malaysian family I know here will surely have at least 1 cooker burnt or plug burnt experience and for some unlucky fella, more that one. Again, we report the case to caretaker and they sent electrician down to change the burnt power point. My husband on another hand, set new rules.

  1. I can only cook and wash, or cook and use dryer, at the same time. Any two combination of my pick and needs. Not all 3, ever
  2. I cannot wash and use dryer at the same time. It's one way or another. Wash or Dry. Not both.
  3. If I cook using more than 2 stoves, I cannot wash and dry at all, since I also will be using blender, and kettle and fridge will be on 24*7
* slaps forehead *

It's better be safe than sorry. Little inconveniences are fine by me.

Then came the paint job. I think paint shops here are the most non-profit business. Why wasted on good expensive glossy paint on your building if after few months, it'll end up turned brownish, like above building, and most buildings I've seen.

Back to my topic, I've noticed several cracks specially in my bedroom ceiling recently, and it gets more obvious day by day, it worries me badly. I even raised my concern to my husband and he take note.

{ Hello cracks ! Dun u get worry if u had this kind of cracks on top of your head? Unless your head are built with steel, you should get worry ! Very very worry.}

Last few days, I woke up from my sleep and 1st thing I saw was, my "rongak" ceiling. The gap was big enough for me to concern whether it did hit anything, or anyone. Of course, 1st thing I checked was my kids. Am so glad that they're still sleeping soundly, no visible scratch and seem undisturbed at all. Phewwww...


It's weird we didn't hear anything. With debris this big, the sound it produced should at least make us startle and jump of our bed. I then kept searching for the evidence and found this :

{ The crime scene. BIG chunk of debris isn't it ? Sure bocor kepala kalau kena }

No wonder we didn't hear anything. That big piece of bricks, apparently fell into my dirty laundry basket, full with dirty clothes.

So moral of the story is, a mountain of dirty clothes not necessarily a bad thing. I must have receiving some kind of signal unconsciously, that something are going to fall from above, resulting to I-am-too-lazy-too-wash-clothes-today-coz-I-had-a-bad-feeling. *cough cough* * wink wink*. I tried to pickup the brick, u know to feel the weight, and imagine how much damage it could done if it hit me and all I can say is, it's quite sturdy. It's a piece of brick dammit, not wood or foam or something. Ugly damages is guaranteed, definitely one.

{ This is are cracks right on top of my head if I lay down flat on my bed. The culprit I've been staring everyday, every nite. I even try to talk some sense with it U know. Diplomatic way. Stuff like : "Hi cracks soon to be debris, if it's your turn to fall down next, please please please choose wise time. Timing is everything. Preferably when my family and I'm nowhere under. Or at least give us signs, so we can sleep in another room. Thank you very much for your kind consideration. I owe you my head big time" . }


So.. Ya Allah, please save my head and my family heads. Even though I can be quite a bimbo at time, and acted like I didn't use my brain at all, I still very much need my head now and in future. Amin.

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Flickr Images