Sisterly love..

Have anyone out there get sick for overdosed stories of Alis and Erin yet? Haha sorry but as much as I like to blog about something else, I ...

Have anyone out there get sick for overdosed stories of Alis and Erin yet?


Haha sorry but as much as I like to blog about something else, I can't help but to post story about the girls. They're practically my " business" now, what to do.

If I were to describe them in 1 word, protective should be for Alis and entertainer should be for Erin.

Lately, Alis being over way too protective and caring of Erin. I think she just realized that she's a big sis to her and hold big responsible, not just a playmate anymore. She's now are capable and reliable to help monitor Erin while Erin on her potty training. She's also voluntary to clean her sister after Erin was done, of course with me assisting her. She's still a baby herself, at least to me.. and will always be my baby till she get marry. She also insisted to help in house chores. Currently, she's my main helper to arrange the clean folded laundry into wardrobe, mostly the small small pieces like undergarments, kain buruk and their own clothes. She also will volunteer in helping to set the table for every meal. U know light task like bringing plate to table, carrying glasses and such. As sync as her age, she's now tend to more mengalah to her sister in whatever they fought for, compared to last time. Saved me a lot of energy and voice.

After every meal, she can be counted to bring her own plate to kitchen, tossed any leftover into dustbin and then, put the dirty dish into sink for me to wash. She will then wash her hands and face, on her own. Me a very proud mummy. I dun think I'm capable of doing any of that, when I was at her age.

{ See those 2 pillows? Alis stacked it by Erin side while she's sleeping. When asked on why, she said, Nanti adik jatuh. Isn't that the most considerate and by far the sweetest thing ? }

Erin on another hand, of course still needs a lot of reminder of this and that. However, she's also showing interest on what Alis do and insisted to be treated equally. If Alis get to arranged one stack of folded clothes, she demanded the same task. Most of the time, she will follow what Alis did on particular moment. Alis do coloring, she also wanted to do coloring. Alis speaks broken English, ehhh de pun taknak kalah, although she's sounded more like she speaking Java than English hahhaa...

{ Kakak will happily teach and guided Erin during prayer. Adik, belom tunduk (rukuk) lagi lah, adik shhhhh, adik jgn bising, adik ikut tgn papa, adik blah blah blah }

{ Adik wanted to baring while watching TV, kakak offered her lap and after Erin baring already, she patted Erin's back and caress Erin's hair. Me wanted to cry out of happiness. }

Some notes about Erin, few nights ago, I was preparing for Iftar. Alis was not in a good mood as she was just woke up from afternoon nap. Erin was sitting on sofa watching TV. As normal, I will serve all the food on table, prepare hot and cold drinks when iftar time about to arrive. I would practically going back and forth from kitchen to dining table, from table to kitchen, always with something in my hand. Erin was watching me doing my things from a far. Soon as I'm putting my last lauk that day, I saw Erin dragged herself down the sofa and headed to kitchen. I didn't ask her what she's up to, as I wanted to see what she had in mind. She came back from kitchen with handful of spoon and placed it beside each of my lauk. Wahhhhhhh this is soooooo unexpected, like seriously. I knew she's quite reliable to help me with chores, but of course I had to tell her what to do. Never I had imagine, that she's reaching the level where she can come up by herself " Ahhh there's something missing on mummy's table setting I wonder what. Tingggggg !!!! Yes, yes yes.. spoon ! "

{ Spoons were prepared by Erin :). Proud mummy syndrome overdosed }

{ Image after being protective caring big sis all day long.*Sigh*Being big sis really exhausting !! }

Anyway, touching a little bit about their eating habit. It's not a secret that their appetites increased drastically ever since we reached Q8. It could be because, mummy's have more time to cook, or is it the cold weather inside house, or is it because there's only left me and them, no other kids hence less distraction. I wouldn't know for sure and it doesn't really bothers me that they eat a lot. I have all the time in the world to cook. Another thing that drastically change was their liking for fruits. Alis never like any sourish fruits or drinks before and they dun eat fruits this much back home, although we did bought fruits from time to time. That fact however changed here as they can eat at least 4 apples and 4 oranges a day and still asking for more. About that saying, An apple a day, Keep the doctor away, I can't agree more.

{ Our weekly stock, sometimes it can't even lasted a week}



There's a moment when I am too exhausted even to breathe.

There's a moment when I am so mad, I snapped at every living things.

There's a moment when I am so pissed off I think I can swallow my own family with my madness.

But there's also a proud moment like this, that somehow makes every tears, every sweat, worth it by 1000 times over.

Looking at how my girls became, for now.. I think I'm on the right track coz it doesn't feel wrong, at all.

You Might Also Like

5 thoughts

Flickr Images